PDA

View Full Version : OT: iraq, now iran ?

golden arhat
08-22-2007, 01:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-eyuFBrWHs

WinterPalm
08-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Good thing nobody watches or belives anything surrounding Fox news...it's like the Weekly World News...good fun and that's about it.

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-22-2007, 02:22 PM
We are going to go into Iran eventually. Wait till we get close to the 2008 elections....

NJM
08-22-2007, 02:27 PM
"Just like President Nixon did it to the Vietnamese"

rogue
08-22-2007, 06:00 PM
It's always been about Iran.

NJM
08-22-2007, 06:11 PM
It's always been about Iran.

That's what your momma said last night. She has a geo-political map fetish.

Schwing.

Nick Forrer
08-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Straight from the horses mouth

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8PAGb2O7lms&mode=related&search=

sanjuro_ronin
08-23-2007, 04:27 AM
Nothing like spreading the love...

Shaolinlueb
08-23-2007, 09:38 AM
actually with the current administration it has always been about iraq. read the book by george tennant (former cia director) at the cetner of the storm i believe its called. much of the poeple he brought in worked for his father and wanted to finish it. with the 9/11 attacks it was easier to invade iraq. but it was going to happen no matter what. iran i dont know about the administration wants to from what i read. as for harboring terrorists, probably ture, after 9/11 they had alqeida guys on "house arrest" whatever that meant.

fox news is awful.

TenTigers
08-23-2007, 01:12 PM
House Arrest is quite severe. Almosty as bad as in house suspension.
I don't think they even let them have PPV.

sanjuro_ronin
08-23-2007, 01:13 PM

NNNOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Shaolinlueb
08-23-2007, 09:50 PM

lol

i hope you got the sarcasm though i posted. iran house arrest for terrorists against usa is basically nothing.

Black Jack II
08-24-2007, 05:25 AM
Good thing nobody watches or belives anything surrounding Fox news...it's like the Weekly World News...good fun and that's about it.

You sound like a nut.

sanjuro_ronin
08-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't...

xcakid
08-24-2007, 05:37 AM
Fox News is waaaayyyyyyy better than Commie News Network.

sanjuro_ronin
08-24-2007, 05:43 AM
Naked News owns all !!!

xcakid
08-24-2007, 06:03 AM
Naked News owns all !!!

Well you got me. I can't compete with that. I don't thnk anyone can. :D

golden arhat
08-31-2007, 05:38 PM
You sound like a nut.

lolz if that aint the pot calling the kettle black

David Jamieson
09-01-2007, 03:09 AM
Iran is a threat to the USA in the region precisely because of the power they wield.

Remember the whole Shah fiasco and teh hostages that ensued and the installation of teh Ayatolleh following that.

I think that had a lot to do with failed relations there between the two.

I honestly don't think the US has given an honest try at statemanship with arabic nations and historically treated them all as pawns.

people resent that and you wind up with quagmires, but that's probably not gonna be a lesson learned either.

I will say though that Iran is not a country beaten down and weakened by 12 years of hard sanctions though. Way tougher battle than Iraq and look how that's going.

Might wanna chill on the vaniloquence in regards to Iran.

Kristoffer
09-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Going after Iran would be very silly considering the situation in Iraq.

David Jamieson
09-02-2007, 09:29 AM

no kidding.

going after Iran, or even trying to sustain the pnac agenda is silliness. It isn't well thought out and a lot of the pnac ideas are pure fantasy from teh minds of a bunch of rich chickenhawks.

its a shame to watch it happening.

Shaolin Wookie
09-02-2007, 09:51 AM

Well, maybe we can start a war there, then kind of keep drawing back until we're in Baghdad. If they follow us, we should then just run, and if it all works out according to the plan in my head, they'll start fighting each other and forget all about us.

Shaolin Wookie
09-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Well, maybe we can start a war there, then kind of keep drawing back until we're in Baghdad. If they follow us, we should then just run, and if it all works out according to the plan in my head, they'll start fighting each other and forget all about us.

See, I do the same thing with my girlfriend when I can. We get into an argument that bodes poorly for me and I'll never win, but I've gotten into b/c I'm so stubborn, so I switch up to a subject I know I can lose, and not have her be extremely *****y at the result of. If she's not thinking straight, she'll win it, be glad she won it, and kind of leave it at that. Granted, she still won't be happy, but you've won, even though you've lost.

The Willow Sword
09-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Iran is our friend and they love us. we love them. its all about love. all you NEED is love, Love, Love is all you need. :)TWS

golden arhat
09-02-2007, 01:56 PM
See, I do the same thing with my girlfriend when I can. We get into an argument that bodes poorly for me and I'll never win, but I've gotten into b/c I'm so stubborn, so I switch up to a subject I know I can lose, and not have her be extremely *****y at the result of. If she's not thinking straight, she'll win it, be glad she won it, and kind of leave it at that. Granted, she still won't be happy, but you've won, even though you've lost.

that is the best thing i have ever heard

EVER

golden arhat
09-02-2007, 01:57 PM

i wouldnt be surprised if

we did that

and it worked

and that saddens me