PDA

View Full Version : creatine question??

bodhitree
08-23-2007, 05:41 AM
I've read that creatine turns into creatinine when mixed in water (for too long before consumption), which is eliminated from the body as waste. My question is: Is there anything to prevent this from happening to the creatine (as to not waste it)

The above statement only applies to creatine monohydrate.

sanjuro_ronin
08-23-2007, 05:44 AM
I hear that if you add it to a "fruit drink" their is better absorbtion and less waste.

I don't care much for suplements, but I did experiment with CM a few years ago, didn't care much for the water retention, but it work in terms of staving of the lactic acid and allowed me to workout more.

I don't know if they still recommend "loading" cycles, but I think that unless you wanna pack on the lbs quickly, its not necessary to load up.

Vash
08-23-2007, 05:50 AM
freeze the mix. Makes it hard to drink, though.

I partially freeze whatever drink the creatine is going in to, then throw it in a chilled lunch box, then mix the creatine in when I get to the gym/dojo.

It starts to break down after about an hour, more if the liquid is cold.

sanjuro_ronin
08-23-2007, 05:50 AM
http://www.cbass.com/CREATINE.HTM

An article on CM by Clarence Bass.

IronFist
08-27-2007, 12:18 PM
I've read that creatine turns into creatinine when mixed in water (for too long before consumption), which is eliminated from the body as waste. My question is: Is there anything to prevent this from happening to the creatine (as to not waste it)

The above statement only applies to creatine monohydrate.

How to prevent it? Drink it as soon as you mix it :)