PDA

View Full Version : the forgotten form of JKD

mild7
06-29-2001, 07:22 PM
hi guys! Great place you've got here. Good to find a JKD forum that is'nt prejudiced against or based on certain styles of our great art of JKD. The JKD community can learn a lot from this forum, because as long as we produce better martial artists this is all that is needed to honor Sigong Bruce Lee.

Let me talk about myself. I have been a Bruce fanatic ever since I was a child, and have trained in various arts, from Jiudo to Ninjutsu. Anyway, I had the great priveledge of accessing some notes Bruce wrote from a man I trained with in China. As a result I felt inspired by the legacy left by Bruce and decided to create the ultimate tribute to him.

So I founded Chi Kune Do. You see, JKD now has turned a full circle. It started off from a chi based nucleus, you can see it in the yin and yang references Bruce always made. On the notes I saw in China, Bruce wrote commentaries on harnessing Chi in practical JKD. You see, contrary to popular belief there were actually SIX ways of attack. The sixth way Bruce did not write down in his American writings as he felt the public was too sceptical. The sixth way is chi-based.
Some of you may know this, before Bruce died, he was perfecting a one-inch punch. Not the regular one-inch punch he demonstrated at conventions. But rather, Bruce wanted to punch at a point one-inch away from a target, and then extend his chi to hit it. Needless to say, this would give him an incredible reach advantage, and nullify the need for the vertical fist.

Anyway, more on this in the future. I hope to receive support from you guys as I tread down this hard path towards; the forgotten form of JKD, which I have dubbed Chi Kune Do.

Always train hard!

"may the chi forces be with you!"
- Grandmaster Mild7(founder of mild-style monkey triangle gung fu/chi-force improved Chi Kune Do)

rogue
06-30-2001, 01:44 AM
:eek: Duck and cover!!!

Rogue, you're an @ss!! Watchman

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

BTW, did I mention that Rogue was an @ss? Watchman

IronFist
06-30-2001, 04:09 AM
"Some of you may know this, before Bruce died, he was perfecting a one-inch punch. Not the regular one-inch punch he demonstrated at conventions. But rather, Bruce wanted to punch at a point one-inch away from a target, and then extend his chi to hit it. Needless to say, this would give him an incredible reach advantage, and nullify the need for the vertical fist. "

Where did you get this? Bruce didn't do anything internally.

Iron

mild7
06-30-2001, 02:49 PM
I understand if you are sceptical. After all this was what Bruce expected of the American public.

The man who showed me the writings(Wong Soon Leong) already warned me of the skepticism and jealousy within the JKD community. And this was why I renamed it Chi Kune Do, to show that while there was some assosciation with JKD there is still some differences. Mainly, a return to the internal arts. There is no need for interception when you can extend your chi.

I also learned from Sifu Wong 'monkey triangle gung fu'(translation). The triangle represents a "hard" circle, because the art is hard. But it has flow, hence the continuity of the triangle. I have dubbed my version 'mild-style' because I resynthesised the art with Tai Chi elements to neutralise the potential self-damage from some of the external elements. My style of monkey gung fu is a composite art, I have also elements of BJJ and other modern arts in it and I feel it is truly effective.

This is my chinese MA history.

So I hope to receive support from you guys. I will comment later on the fifth range of attack most JKD'ers do not know about. And how my style of monkey KF exploits this fifth range.

Train hard

- Grandmaster Mild7(founder of mild-style monkey triangle gung fu/chi-force improved Chi Kune Do)

IronFist
06-30-2001, 11:04 PM
"I also learned from Sifu Wong 'monkey triangle gung fu'(translation)"

Dude I think what you meant to say was you learned 'pink triangle gung fu'.

Iron

Losttrak
06-30-2001, 11:38 PM
...mid-air submissions? I am looking for something a little less obvious than what the name implies. Just curious.

p.s. as shown in the above posts...expect a little "hazing"

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

old jong
07-01-2001, 04:19 AM
http://www.go-nexus-go.com/ag/gifs/animals4/fish2.gif

rogue
07-01-2001, 04:52 AM
Bruce was also working on an anatomically correct practice tool.

http://www.springtimemartialarts.com/images/three.jpg

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

UberShaman
07-01-2001, 06:00 AM
mild-style monkey triangle gung fu/chi-force improved Chi Kune Do with new pine forest fragrance

mild7
07-01-2001, 06:14 AM
Hi again guys. I really wish you would'nt be so sceptical of my system. Like i've said, it's not exactly JKD(how can it be when the focus is on chi extension rather than interception). But it is based on some JKD theories. I will gladly clear up any doubts, you are welcome to even pay a visit to my kwoon.

Lottsrak(sp?),
in response to your question on midair submissions. You are right, it's application is obvious. This is actually the FIFTH range of fighting I was talking about!!
(1)kicking
(2)punching
(3)trapping
(4)grappling
(5)mid-air

Actually the midair range comes BEFORE grappling, but I label it the fifth range as noone has thought of it. Why go to the ground when you can put a submission on during midair flight? Obviously 'air time'(as I call it) is difficult to achieve, it is an extension of my version of monkey gung fu(MGF). You have to learn the body's grip points, so you literally climb on your opponent. The agility you get from MGF also helps.

This midair techniqeus are more in depth than the mere flying triangle/armbar. No, there is a whole new world in it.

The applications are obvious. Multiattack scenarios are possible with midair subs, establish a grip point and break an opponents arm before even going to the ground!

Once I have trained enough ppl in this system we will test it in the UFC.

train hard!

old jong
07-01-2001, 04:55 PM
Awesome!.......http://www.go-nexus-go.com/ag/gifs/cartoons1/kilroilet.gif

IronFist
07-01-2001, 10:19 PM
lol old jong

Daedalus
07-01-2001, 11:00 PM
There are already five ranges, and you're right, it is mid-air.

1. Ballistic range (anything that can be thrown or propelled toward the target. ie: bullet, knife, rock, artillary, etc)

2. Kicking Range
3. Punching Range
4. Trapping Range
5. Grappling Range

Don't know if I'd be willing to rely on chi in a pinch. But a H&K 45 SOCOM,...Ohh Yeah!

old jong
07-02-2001, 12:44 AM
There is also the visual range!...What you can see you can shoot! :D
http://www.go-nexus-go.com/ag/gifs/miscan10/eyes4.gif
:eek:

rogue
07-02-2001, 05:00 AM
That's an awful lot of stuff when all you want to do is punch a guy in the nose.

Louis L'Amour

mild7
07-02-2001, 06:00 AM
Hi again guys. Good to see you are finally warming up to me and my devastating art of Chi Kune Do.

To the person who talked about the ballistic range, this is a mere mutation of my midair concept. I used the midair concept way back, then some particular JKD teachers took it and renamed it the ballistic range. Over the years it began to incorporate elements such as gun-play. This however, is AGAINST the very essence of Chi Kune Do. Why shoot someone when you can extend you chi and get the same effect?

Of course, some of you will still doubt this. Let me share a story with you. A student of mine, on his way to my kwoon related this to me, whether you believe him or not is up to you. Anyway, on the street he was held up at gunpoint by this crack-addict. Funny thing was, my student was'nt afraid for some reason, but absent-mindedly directed his chi to the barrel of the gun, which deactivated it. He then walked away from the situation unscathed.

It is stories like this that convince my Chi Kune Do is the only true way. You have to start to believe that ridiculous things CAN happen. Most ppl mock the concept of CKD and midair fighting, but when they see it done they are filled with awe. This is why I plan on sending my fighters to the UFC, I am currently in negotiations with Rorion(yes, he still has a part in the UFC) to allow a multiple attacker UFC.... this will be the perfect way to show the world the effectiveness of midair submissions.

Chi is the way!

old jong
07-02-2001, 02:27 PM
Mild7....You're "the" king! :D

rogue
07-02-2001, 05:47 PM
When did the JKDers stop training in the sense of humor range?

Louis L'Amour

Nutt'nhunny
07-02-2001, 07:34 PM
I personally don giva**** what bruce renamed kung fu or how he broke it down. I saw video footage of him fighting and my sifu could easilly have kicked his ass. He was fast, but he only made one volley at a time. Pretty begginner if you ask me.

SLC
07-02-2001, 09:02 PM
mild7! THIS IS HOT6. RETURN TO THE MOTHERSHIP INSTANTLY! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED FOR THE LAST TIME ABOUT TEASING THE EARTHLINGS WITH OUR CHI SECRETS.

Whoa! What happened guys? I was just sitting here and my pc started spouting. :eek:

BaekHoKwan
07-03-2001, 07:31 AM
This is one of the most brilliant trolling efforts I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing!

You've obviously put some thought into this one, I'm sure that your parents are proud.

I've got some bad news though....Grandguru Foo Lin Yue is the 128th generation lineage holder of Chu Chu Chuan (Mid-Air Submission Fist). Bruce obviously had the priviledge of killing Foo Lin Yue's only student, No Hung Lo, as this is the only way to have ever studied with him. Glad you stumbled on to those notes! Good luck.

C. Martin
Founder Baek Ho Kwan
Texas Martial Arts Hall of Fame 00'

mild7
07-03-2001, 10:35 AM
What? It is indeed a great insult to label me a troll. Just because I have strong convictions regarding the endless power of chi, this is no reason to label me a troll.

Most ppl laugh at our concepts, but when they witness CKD in action they are filled with awe. The last time a group of JKD'ers claiming to have studied the ballistic range came to our kwoon, they mocked and challenged us. My student Dan(no relation to Dan Inosanto) accepted, and proceeded to choke and armlock all three of them, using midair techniques.

You are all welcome to witness the efficacy of my style of gung fu and CKD anytime. Just drop by my kwoon, I have a branch in New York. You can't miss it as it is under the acronym 'M.A.R.S', meaning Mid Air Reality Submission.

Maybe then you'll see why interception is nothing compared to chi extension.

I thought you lot were a different type of JKD ppl, obviously you are all the same and have been brainwashed by the American ways. Bruce must be stirring in his grave.

Anyway, I will be back again if you want to know more about CKD and midair fighting, which is the future of NHB. Forget the clinch, forget the shoot, all these are made unneccesary with the lethal art of midair fighting.

SevenStar
07-03-2001, 10:52 AM
Help us to believe you a little. post some clips of you and your students in action.

-SevenStar©
Step right up and get it -- whoever wants [defeat]
Come not between the dragon and his wrath...

old jong
07-03-2001, 04:12 PM
Grrrrrreat!.... :D :D :D

S.Teebas
07-03-2001, 10:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My student Dan(no relation to Dan Inosanto) accepted, and proceeded to choke... [/quote]

****, really?!?... i thought every guy named 'Dan' was related to him. :confused:

S.Teebas

old jong
07-07-2001, 04:43 PM
Hey,grand master?...are you still here?....We want to learn more!...Respectfully asking of course!...Come on give us more,please? :p

RAYNYSC
07-07-2001, 05:28 PM
Hey Mild,
So where is your schools location at? All you mentioned was thats under acronym M.A.R.S.
I know of a place that go's under the name M.A.R.S. 2112 but thats a restaurant....

RAYNYSC

loki
07-09-2001, 11:18 PM
Mild,

Where in N.Y. are you?

NO ROAD IS AS LONG OR FILLED WITH AS MANY OBSTACLES AS THE ONE TRAVELLED BY THE CHINESE BOXER. FEW ATTEMPT TO TAKE IT . THOSE THAT REACH IT'S END ARE EVEN FEWER.

old jong
07-21-2001, 02:39 AM
Mild!...Where are you?...We want to learn more!http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/SimpHomer.gif

mild7
07-21-2001, 03:56 PM
Greetings all.

Good to hear that a lot of you are interested in the path of the monkey. As stupid as it sounds, it's actually NOT. After all, what are we? Are we not animals? And if we are animals, what are we most like? We are, my friends, most like primates.
Just as the Gracie diet bases its food choice on things like FRUIT(the main diet of chimpanzees), we too should learn to fight like our primate counterparts.

Perhaps now you understand the true meaning behind the famous Bruce Lee quote from Long Street, "Bite!... are we not animals?" Bruce got this theory after a closed door training with Sifu Wong(my monkey instructor).

So really, besides trolling around, what more do you guys want to know about the deadly art of CKD and my brand of monkey gung fu?

Oh, about my long absence from the internet, it was due to some intense seminars I gave recently in Papua New Guinea, let me tell you that they learn a lot faster over there for some reason. A great experience overall, look forward to returning there.

Also, about locating my NY kwoon(branch), my head instructor Steven had to close it down. The location was not too ideal, not enough demand for it and the area was very shady. You will not believe how many ppl my students have choked out on their way to the dojo!!! Steven is currently with me in Houston, we are as of yet deciding on another location to open another midair submission school. We were thinking of having a class at a respected BJJ dojo, to slowly convert our groundloving friends to the amazing midair range, but so far we have been unsuccesful, Renzo was supposed to return my call but has not yet. I think that as a BJJer he knows that he is deficient in the midair range and is afraid to find out the truth.

Well, I'm off for now. I have also discovered ANOTHER mild7 on the internet who has no relation to the mild-style monkey gung fu, I wonder why he chose that nickname as well.

Good training all

old jong
07-21-2001, 04:51 PM
Is'nt he great?http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/SimpHomer.gif

Anarcho
07-22-2001, 01:24 AM
Is he that troll from the Underground? That "Jiudo" thing looks very familiar.

Soup is good food.

mild7
07-22-2001, 02:05 PM
Good evening friends.

I still don't understand why some ppl don't take me and my deadly art of CKD seriously. Anyway, you will all find out the truth soon.

As for my preference for 'jiudo', I do this in the honour of Luke Beston, as he felt it was more appropriate this way. I am not related to him in any way though, he is a BJJ player while I am a former jiudoka and current CKD pioneer.

Hope this helps.

Anarcho
07-24-2001, 03:45 AM
:D

"This is my signature"

---Me

wingchun.com
08-13-2001, 09:18 AM
I think you meant a w instead of a c.
for Weed Kune Do.

Your blunt fu is amazing.

The art of fighting without fighting. Indeed.
Light up another one on us.

wuhsin
08-22-2001, 08:10 AM
are you suggesting that there is no chi?
that the life force doesnt exist
that perhaps the `placebo' we rely on to win the fight is nothing?
havnt you seen demos of what qi can do? why not more?
are you just going to say it doesnt exist with no proof, a lot of people didnt spend a very long time on this for nothing...
and if it does exist then surely in some manifestation (light..) you can extend it from yourself?
oh and puching by a target near them tends to make them rear away from it, exposing some of their lower structure, which is quite helpful, though might cause problems if they maintained their structure and used a centerline trap before you could retract your arm, or be able to force their head down into a very weak position.

either foolish disbelievers or the truth is pretty ugly anyway..

Slayer
08-23-2001, 09:20 AM
In his books he talks about Chi Soa. This is internal and he also talks about doing isometrics which are internal.

Scott
09-08-2001, 09:01 AM
Aside from the stupidity of this entire thread (except maybe for the comedy relief,) Chi Sao isn't an internal excercise. "Chi" in the context "Chi Sao" isn't referring to internal energy, it's referring to "stickiness."

Chi Sao is a Wing Chun sensitivity drill which later developes into a sort of close range light contact sparring.

This post is swimming around in a festering pool of dumb, but I still hate to see people not understand Wing Chun and then spread dumbness around.

Jesus Christ I'm tired.

-Scott

"I'm just an actor, just like Robert f***ing Redford when I say those stupid words that they expect me to say."--Art Alexakis

Cyborg
09-09-2001, 02:50 AM
You said that you were willing to clear up any doubts if we would visit your kwoon but you didn't say where that was. Would you care to enlighten all seekers of truth? Where are you located?

Any body wanna spar?

El_CLap
09-13-2001, 08:17 PM
Dude, I live in Houston!!! I want to learn Chi Kune Do!!

mild7
10-10-2001, 03:44 AM
wow, I am truly amazed this thread is still alive. Amazing what the powers of mentally extended chi can do.

I adknowledge that some of my posts may appear to be somewhat comical, or even ridiculous. But once again I assure you that I am VERY for real. Just as Chi is real, and so is Chi Kune Do. I extend my thanks to Wuhsin and other true warriors of the chi path who understand the mystic life forces that surround us.

Anyhow my friends, I have been away for so long as I was training with a certain renegade Tibetan monk in Nepal. A lot of ppl only think of the Dalai Lama, but let me tell you, the Tibetans have a fighting system rivalling that of the Shaolin temple. The difference is in the focus, since Tibetan gung fu is based on the mystics, only a select few know about the fighting style.

Cyborg my friend, I am indeed happy that you have expressed interest in my wonderful art of Chi Kune Do. CKD is truly what JKD would be today if Bruce had continued his developments on chi. The interception and chi and one and the same, but you must be on the same plane I have reached to see this. My kwoons in the US have all been closed down recently, as I brought all my students with me to Nepal. It may sound convenient but it is true. I extend a once in a lifetime offer to you my friend, come to Nepal and train with me. I will enlighten you in more ways than one. You will truly understand interception, chi extension, midair combat and what Bruce truly was about. If you are interested let me know, but only if you are serious. CKD is not for those with a passing fancy.

El_Clap, you too are keen on CKD? This messageboard is indeed a blessing to find such wonderful and openminded souls who wish to dedicate their lives to the right path. Since you live in Houston, I believe I can teach you soon.
I'll be coming down to pick up some special earth I left behind in Houston, I will pick you up and we will resume training in Nepal.

the rest of you, keep an openmind and train hard!

curtis
10-10-2001, 11:05 AM
James DeMile(one of Bruce Lees origanal students)
explaings CHI being. (Primal instincts or emotions. (Hate, anger, fear, insanity.) To be the Key to Chi.
and is far as the one inch punch go's. He is best.And the only one who can teach Bruce Lee's floating punch. (There are concepts that must be understood and be applied in order to use punch, but there is nothing magical about.)
As others have stated about chi soa. (It is an exercise only) purpose for chi soa is to feel and redirect energy,ONLY! (Okay there is more to it than that. But let's keep it simple. K.I.S.S.)
sincerely C.A.G.

Cyborg
10-10-2001, 03:10 PM
Mild 7, thanks for the offer to teach me in Nepal. However, I really can't afford to go there. What I had been hoping for was to at least see your CKD in action and better yet to spar with you. Failing that... thanks anyway.

Any body wanna spar?