Three Harmonies
08-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Nice find bro!;):D

David Jamieson
08-25-2007, 05:11 AM
so where's the "hot" chick man? :p

ghostexorcist
08-25-2007, 11:41 AM
She has an ok face, but I will say she's very perky. Anyway, those are just "pen-spinning (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pen_Spinning)" techniques she is using to wield the blade. Only for show.

Oso
08-25-2007, 12:11 PM
right, but she's still a hot chick with a blade.

hot doesn't necessarily mean pretty, beautiful or even attractive. just 'hot'. ;)

however, I think she's pretty, too.

Shadow Skill
08-25-2007, 04:07 PM
right, but she's still a hot chick with a blade.

hot doesn't necessarily mean pretty, beautiful or even attractive. just 'hot'. ;)

however, I think she's pretty, too.

If thats doesn't define hot than what :confused:

Oso
08-25-2007, 04:54 PM
'hot' strikes deeper than mere aesthetics.

some of the hottest women I've known would not necessaricly be called pretty.

DPL
08-25-2007, 07:20 PM
some of the hottest women I've known would not necessaricly be called pretty.

Hallelujah amen to that.

The Willow Sword
08-25-2007, 08:23 PM
i am remembering the Scene from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" Where Indiana jones just pulls out his pistol and shoots the swordsman dead.:D

Peace,TWS

Pork Chop
08-26-2007, 03:22 AM
February called... it wants it's thread back...
sorry couldn't resist :p

John Takeshi
08-26-2007, 04:38 AM
Did anyone see Jet Li in "War" yet? I just saw it's pemiere, and was surprised to see that Jet Li had incorporated the judo katana into his fight scenes. This strikes me as odd, because neither I nor GM Sensei Ukeno, nor GM Andy have given instruction in the judo katana in the last 6 5/7 years.

Oso
08-26-2007, 06:32 AM
i am remembering the Scene from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" Where Indiana jones just pulls out his pistol and shoots the swordsman dead.:D

Peace,TWS

yea, I agree. I've never seen any real use for the method of opening in particular. I remember some Jeff Imada articles in IKF back in the day that show striking with the handle while opening but....

my favorite scene is from "Streets of Fire" where the gangster whips out the butterfly and Michael Pare ***** slaps him.

still, butterfly knives are fun to play with.

February called... it wants it's thread back...
sorry couldn't resist
:D dude, go work out ;)

Pork Chop
08-26-2007, 12:32 PM
:D dude, go work out ;)

yeah i was planning on a rest day today but after last night, that's probably not going to happen. it's fun being this angry all the time. LOL

Oso
08-27-2007, 07:35 AM
naw, I was angry 24-7 about my old job...didn't sleep, hell on my girlfriend and not so great on the fu...sometimes you just have to remove yourself from what's ****ing you off.

sanjuro_ronin
08-27-2007, 08:27 AM
I hate F'N baton twirllers !!

Oso
08-27-2007, 09:18 AM
why?

Pork Chop
08-27-2007, 09:23 AM
naw, I was angry 24-7 about my old job...didn't sleep, hell on my girlfriend and not so great on the fu...sometimes you just have to remove yourself from what's ****ing you off.

probably not a bad idea.
in my case i just feel like i gotta do something or every 5'4 140lb weakling is going to try to walk off with any girl i try to date.
dang, how much of a flip flop is THAT from the days of Charles Atlas?

ended up just resting on sunday.
do think i needed it.
watched 300.
had a hard time rooting for the spartans- knowing that being born club-footed means I woulda been one of those babies on that pile.

Oso
08-27-2007, 09:34 AM
I watched 300 this weekend, too. I thought it was just 'ok'.

I'll be sparring again tonight for the first time since I messed my foot up. I've been pain free for almost two weeks and stopped walking with a limp last weekend.

so, I"ll tape the hell out of it and put the big shin pads on.

my cardio is going to suck tho...

sanjuro_ronin
08-27-2007, 09:46 AM
why?

People that twirl weapons like bo's and sticks and knives are playing and MA is serious business, more so when it applies to weapons.
You wanna twirl something, become a baton majorette.

Oso
08-27-2007, 10:36 AM
c'mon. as long as the 'twirlers' don't think they are actually practicing for fighting then it is playing and fun. I agree that twirlers and their ilk who think they are actually effective fighters are a joke and irritating.

besides, if she wanted to learn how to fight with a knife there is no doubt she is intimately familiar with that weapon...that's a good start.

i used to carry a butterfly knife and use it at work to open boxes and cut packaging and stuff. but, I always figured that if I wanted to use it and the flashy twirl of the opening didn't scare someone off I would immediately just throw the **** thing at them and follow it with a foot to the gut or a fist to the head. :D

sanjuro_ronin
08-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Maybe I have been to one to many weapons competitions.
:D

Oso
08-27-2007, 12:33 PM
could be...I usually have a hard time not walking into one of those toothpick-staff-twirling dudes just to have it break when it hits me. :D

Pork Chop
08-27-2007, 12:55 PM
I'll be sparring again tonight for the first time since I messed my foot up. I've been pain free for almost two weeks and stopped walking with a limp last weekend.

so, I"ll tape the hell out of it and put the big shin pads on.

my cardio is going to suck tho...

See, with my luck, i'd jump back into sparring and be out another 6 weeks, then come back from that and be out another 6 weeks.
The injuries are why i actually kinda hate sparring.
i'd rather be consistently working out and keep my cardio. hehe

Oso
08-27-2007, 01:09 PM
yea, well I made a mistake (and one I shouldn't have made) in not wearing protective gear even after I saw how strong this kid was. it's been a wake up call, especially happening around the time I turned 40. simply speaking, I can still dish it out and don't mind the initial shock of getting hit...but my body just won't handle it like it used to. so, once more unto the breach and all that but you can believe I'll be padded up.

sanjuro_ronin
08-27-2007, 01:10 PM
yea, well I made a mistake (and one I shouldn't have made) in not wearing protective gear even after I saw how strong this kid was. it's been a wake up call, especially happening around the time I turned 40. simply speaking, I can still dish it out and don't mind the initial shock of getting hit...but my body just won't handle it like it used to. so, once more unto the breach and all that but you can believe I'll be padded up.

Luckly I had my bones laced with adamantium to avoid just such a situation.
Sure I can't go through a metal detector and I somehow weigh an extra 50lbs, but its all good.

Oso
08-27-2007, 01:13 PM
lol...i would have to have had some sort of super silicone injected...not sure it was bone or soft tissue but it hurt for a really long time.

Oso
08-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Time = Kryptonite

sanjuro_ronin
08-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Time = Kryptonite

Maybe its time for you to take up the nicer, gentler art of BJJ, you can lie on the floor, you won't have anyone punching you in the face and if you get tired, you can fall asleep and everyone will just think you got choked out.

Oso
08-27-2007, 01:21 PM
nah, I still got more time...just can't go 100% against guys 1/2 my age, that's all.

besides, BJJ is ghey!

just kiddin' ;)

Lucas
08-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Did anyone see Jet Li in "War" yet? I just saw it's pemiere, and was surprised to see that Jet Li had incorporated the judo katana into his fight scenes. This strikes me as odd, because neither I nor GM Sensei Ukeno, nor GM Andy have given instruction in the judo katana in the last 6 5/7 years.

Thats because jet li puts your ninja skills to shame.

hes been spying on BOTH of you, unbeknownst for the last 5 years. even when your in the bathroom he watches you.

his ninja techniques far surpass even yours john, you have been duped and thefted by a ninja whos mastership far shadows yours....

and i taught him everything he knows, but i only taught him 1/5 of the 1/4 my master taught me which is 1/8 more than the 1/3 your master taught you!!!!!

Lucas
08-27-2007, 01:54 PM
nah, I still got more time...just can't go 100% against guys 1/2 my age, that's all.

Go 200%

:p:p:D:cool:

Oso
08-27-2007, 02:08 PM
naw, can't do that either...they'd be dead:cool:

golden arhat
08-27-2007, 03:30 PM
am i the only one who wants to yell BOO!! while they do that to see if they jump and stab/cut/slash themselves

OUT TAKES!!!! SOMEONE GIVE ME OUT TAKES!!!!