PDA

View Full Version : Master Dave Lacey - Buck Sing Gwoon Pt 5 youtube

Buck Sing Gwoon
08-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi all,

We have just posted part 5 of the Buck Sing Gwoon on youtube....

On this clip you get more insight into Master Dave Lacey's fighting techniques along with tournament footage and more.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NORhm6S5r9o

enjoy,

Nick
Buck Sing Gwoon

The Xia
08-26-2007, 09:59 PM
I especially liked those applications.

Pork Chop
08-26-2007, 10:55 PM
just gotta say that these have been some of the best vids i've seen and a personal favorite. thanks so much.

banditshaw
08-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah that was a great vid.
That spinning backfist KO at the end was nice. Ouch!

Yum Cha
08-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Hi Nick,
Nice vids. That was back in my day. Our venue was Sydney Town Hall. In 87, I fought in 80kg.

The sporting comissioner (in NSW) made them bring in boxing rings in 88 or 89, and doctors and stand-by ambulances, etc, which made the operation too expensive. I think the last big one was 90 at the Entertainment Centre.

Buck Sing Gwoon
08-27-2007, 01:42 AM
Am glad your enjoying the youtube clips and thanks for your great feedback guys.

Yum Cha, you right.... those tournaments were held in Sydney. There were initial elimination bouts and then later the finals were fought in the ring.....

I forgot to point out that the two fighters wearing the short trunks/pants were Mark Whelan ( the tall guy) and Eddie ( forgot his surname ) from Chen Yong Fa's Choy Lee Fut School in Sydney.

The other fighters with the long kung fu pants on, are Master Dave Lacey's Buck Sing fighters.

Nick
Buck Sing Gwoon

Yum Cha
08-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey Nick,
Yea, I remember now, NSW and VIC each had eliminations, than in VIC they held a combined final, or something like that. I remember the winners went to Melbourne to fight again.

We didn't use the vests, and headgear was optional. Thing I hated was we never got a clean explanation of the rules. No knees or elbows, but takedowns were allowed. I think now in retrospect, it was probably similar to san da rules. It was an untidy affair, probably better than 50% were knockouts or TKOs, and they were always wiping up blood. Nothing better than a bloody training shirt to wear through the year. :D

People talk about fighting now days, how it has to be "sport" fighting to be effective, a derivative of kickboxing. Those bouts were my lesson otherwise. Perhaps you too were there?

Some bouts were muddy slugfests, some kickboxing, and the very few were stylistic. Watching a good style fight was about as good as it got.

Buck Sing Gwoon
08-28-2007, 03:29 AM
Hey Yum Cha,

The fights on pt 5 were in Melbourne in 1987. In this particular tournament both the eliminations and finals were both fought in Melbourne with the finals fought at the Melbourne town hall. ( sorry I mixed up the 1987 tournament with others I was thinking about and stand corrected about being fought in Sydney)

Nick
Buck Sing Gwoon

diego
08-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks for posting your videos. In one of the youtube links it shows an older asian guy in a robe and boxers cutting his mouth and then doing forms in the kitchen...what is the deal with that? black magic kung fu or??

diego
08-29-2007, 09:11 PM
upping...mad curious about the answer to my question:)

Gru Bianca
08-30-2007, 06:09 AM
upping...mad curious about the answer to my question:)

Two words:

Shen da

Regards,

Luca

extrajoseph
08-30-2007, 06:15 AM
Am glad your enjoying the youtube clips and thanks for your great feedback guys.

Yum Cha, you right.... those tournaments were held in Sydney. There were initial elimination bouts and then later the finals were fought in the ring.....

I forgot to point out that the two fighters wearing the short trunks/pants were Mark Whelan ( the tall guy) and Eddie ( forgot his surname ) from Chen Yong Fa's Choy Lee Fut School in Sydney.

The other fighters with the long kung fu pants on, are Master Dave Lacey's Buck Sing fighters.

Nick
Buck Sing Gwoon

Eddie was a natural and Mark is still around, you can see him here, he is the first off the mark in the demo and then he did the kwan-do. Not bad for an old guy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbvho4cia0w

extrajoseph
08-30-2007, 06:53 AM

Nick
Buck Sing Gwoon

Eddie was a natural and Mark is still around, you can see him here, he is the first off the mark in the demo and then he did the kwan-do. Not bad for an old guy! :D

Satori Science
08-31-2007, 06:05 AM
Definately the best example I've seen of CLF getting used full contact on youtube. You can really see them using their gung fu and dominating with it. The Applications were bang on too!

Awsome!

Buck Sing Gwoon
08-31-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey Diego, that was sun da, spirit god kung fu. Ill speak to my Sifu and see if I can elaborate more as I dont know much about it.

Satori thanks for your great comments. I watched you guys on youtube and think your great. Can you pm me, as I saw your page on myspace but wasn't able to access it. Thanks.

Nick
Buck Sing Gwoon

Satori Science
09-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I should add that it was a great pleasure to see the video of Grand Elder Lung Jee.

Thanks for posting

hskwarrior
09-01-2007, 12:35 PM
satori.....may i ask a question?

how come you guys say lung gee, when his name doesn't have dragon in it?

no big deal, but i used to argue with naya bout this way back in the days.

hsk

Satori Science
09-01-2007, 12:40 PM
No argument nessecary, suppose I wasn't paying that close of attention to the spelling. I'm just spelling it the way it sounds (to me) when my Sifu says it.

cheers

hskwarrior
09-01-2007, 01:42 PM
no its no prob at all.....i was just wondering because its only your lineage that calls him lung gee..........back in the day naya and i argued whether it was lung gee cheung or something, but lun chee is lun chee......

no biggie......

Satori Science
09-01-2007, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=hskwarrior;back in the day naya and i argued whether it was lung gee cheung or something, QUOTE]

Actually we are a part of Lung Gee Cheung lineage as is Master Lacey. He was Lai Hung and Chan Woo Lueng's Sifu

cheers

diego
09-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Hey Diego, that was sun da, spirit god kung fu. Ill speak to my Sifu and see if I can elaborate more as I dont know much about it.

Satori thanks for your great comments. I watched you guys on youtube and think your great. Can you pm me, as I saw your page on myspace but wasn't able to access it. Thanks.

Nick
Buck Sing Gwoon
That would be awesome if you could share more information on sun da.
I really appreciatte that Dave and Vince Lacey are posting so much of their clan's footage on youtube, to me the information in the clips is priceless, point blank:)

I study a system of Hop Gar mixed with KaJuKenBo and all the forms are very much street orientated, as the deceased teacher of the style Alexander "Kaido" Polintain was street orientated...How the application comes out in your forms inspires me as it is some of the only modern kung fu footage I have seen that displays the streetfighting attitude with the culture of the old school discipline!.

Many kung fu schools have that discipline but lack the killer instinct or whatever, and many street fighters lack that discipline!...It's awesome to find those that train both.
peace

CLFNole
09-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Leung Tze Cheung the "leung" is different from the "lun" in Lun Chee. They have a different pronunciation.

Leung Tze Cheung was one of the students that cross-trained CLF and Buk Siu Lum. Can't recall if he was Tam Sam's student sent to Ku Yu Cheong or vice versa.

Satori Science
09-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Yah, he was Master Ku's student and then went and studied with Tam Sam in the exchange. Because of the exchange there is an interesting diverstiy in the manifestions that the Bak Hsing techniques and forms have taken especially in the lineages that actively practce the northern style.

Especilly because the exchange continued on back and forth thru later gen. Chan Woo Lueng and Lai Hung both ended up learning the northern and southern lineages from teachers who had themselves been exchange students from the two families.

Satori Science
09-04-2007, 09:11 AM
A cool form that I hadn't seen before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToBgoRrOGIw

nospam
09-04-2007, 04:31 PM
A lot of static stance moves for Bak Hsing. More Hung Sing CLF influence, I'd say.

nospam
:cool:

Yum Cha
09-04-2007, 05:28 PM

LOL! Extra Joseph. That's the temple in Glebe where I trained for 5 years! That's the Chinese NY celebration they have there every year! Its like a picture from my back yard!

We did lion dancing for August moon last weekend, I looked over and Sifu and Chen Yong Fa were over on the sideline, cracking up at our pitiful efforts....

extrajoseph
09-05-2007, 02:48 AM
Hi Yum Cha,

The Glebe joss house is an incredible place, everyone ended up there in the Chinese New Year and the August Moon celebration. Chan Hak-Fu's (White Crane) son used to camp there as well and Yu Suk the joss house keeper has been there for years. Everyone use the front of the joss house to do their training and their videos and poeple say the Kwan Kung divination slips are very accurate there because it has good Feng Shui.

Ah, those good old days... watching the crackers go off and listening to the thunderous drums along Dixon Street, climbing in and out of the dragon, dodging the firework, bashing the drum, the symbol and the gong in between, sleeping in the Gwoon after doing half a dozen of restaurants all over Sydney...get up in the morning and do another half a dozen with demos in between, completely exhausted but feeling good as one year ends and another begins.

Glad to know your Sifu and Chen Yong-Fa are still good friends, they go way back to Canton days. That is something nice about Sydney (and Australia), they all do different styles but they all get on well because they have respect for each other.

XJ

Buck Sing Gwoon
09-05-2007, 04:33 AM
Hi Diego,

With the Spirit God Kung Fu, the person gets into a trance like state and the spirit, be it the Monkey God, Guan Kung, Drunken Kung Fu Spirit, Jeung Kwai etc takes over the persons body and they move according to whoever the spirit god is. My Sifu was specially invited to witness this by a close friend of his. These demonstrations that my Sifu was privy to, are very rarely displayed to outsiders. The practitioners speak in a Lama dialect, but at times, what they say is not clearly understood.

On a different note and in regards to previous posts this is a treasured photo of mine taken with Grandmaster Lun Chee, in 1997, when he visited the Buck Sing Gwoon in Melbourne, Australia.

Grandmaster Lun Chee and Nick Lizos -1997 at the Melbourne Buck Sing Gwoon

Nick
Buck Sing Gwoon

diego
09-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi Diego,

With the Spirit God Kung Fu, the person gets into a trance like state and the spirit, be it the Monkey God, Guan Kung, Drunken Kung Fu Spirit, Jeung Kwai etc takes over the persons body and they move according to whoever the spirit god is. My Sifu was specially invited to witness this by a close friend of his. These demonstrations that my Sifu was privy to, are very rarely displayed to outsiders. The practitioners speak in a Lama dialect, but at times, what they say is not clearly understood.

On a different note and in regards to previous posts this is a treasured photo of mine taken with Grandmaster Lun Chee, in 1997, when he visited the Buck Sing Gwoon in Melbourne, Australia.

Grandmaster Lun Chee and Nick Lizos -1997 at the Melbourne Buck Sing Gwoon

Nick
Buck Sing Gwoon

Cool, thanks for the info...i don't understand it all but there is something there...i know shamans ingest substances for added power...then you have roid rage from steroids...my lama fists give me an attitude as well...mechanically they are two to three times stronger than boxing mechanics so i tend to walk around like i'm about to smash something...i think it has to do with coiling the upperback and shoulders while doing hop gar basics...the chi makes you think you are bigger than you are orsomething...once i found out how powerfull lama fist can be and fell in love with it i have had this deffinatte EXTRA attitude!...i don't know if it's tantra or i'm just naturally a jerk and now i'm stronger, better, faster...
peace

iron_silk
09-05-2007, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=hskwarrior;back in the day naya and i argued whether it was lung gee cheung or something, QUOTE]

Actually we are a part of Lung Gee Cheung lineage as is Master Lacey. He was Lai Hung and Chan Woo Lueng's Sifu

cheers

Are you guys talking about "Lung Chi-Cheung" who studies from Northern Shaolin Great Grand Master Kuo Yu-Cheung and Choy Lay Fut Great Grand Master Tam Sam.

Cause if it is the same person (by the way I got the info from this site http://northernshaolin.com/?page=sifu_marquis_lung and his last name is the character for "Dragon"

BUT if you are guys are talking about someone else then sorry for interupting!

hskwarrior
09-05-2007, 05:34 PM
we ARE talking about lun chee, but in the past that name got mixed up with leung chi cheung.

iron_silk
09-06-2007, 02:51 PM
sorry about the mix up....but the thread did get kind of confusing about who was who talking about who?

nospam
09-12-2007, 07:12 PM
The peeps are correct - we just spell it differently. What is handed down to me..I use, as simple as that.

nospam
:cool:

JAZA
09-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Nick,

Thanks, I allways wanted to see those fights.

Buck Sing Gwoon
09-18-2007, 10:07 PM
No worries Jaza. Glad you enjoyed them.