PDA

View Full Version : Bagua Zhang Videos/Jerry Alan Johnson

tattooedmonk
08-28-2007, 12:29 PM
I bought a few of his vedeos a while back I am just now opening them now and viewing them . Does anyone have an opinion about these videos??

sean_stonehart
08-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Yeah when I bought his Jiang bagua, that pretty much sealed my search necessity.

tattooedmonk
08-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah when I bought his Jiang bagua, that pretty much sealed my search necessity.Is this bad or good??

sean_stonehart
08-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Depends on your perspective. It worked out good for me.

tattooedmonk
08-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Depends on your perspective. It worked out good for me.How so?Did you like it or were you looking for a way to discredit it or.....??

godzillakungfu
08-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Yeah when I bought his Jiang bagua, that pretty much sealed my search necessity.

Wow parallel activity.

sean_stonehart
08-30-2007, 05:39 AM
How so?Did you like it or were you looking for a way to discredit it or.....??

It's a good vid... it's done with linkage stepping he called it.

But when I saw him do it, I looked on the Net, found other people doing Jiang bagua & was like "Gee... they all do it the exact same way... but we don't..." and that solidified my desire for TCMA from TCMA, not something that used to be TCMA & isn't so much anymore.

Discredit... nah... not my bag... I just ask questions nobody wants to answer & hopefully makes them look at the mirror...

tattooedmonk
08-30-2007, 02:36 PM
It's a good vid... it's done with linkage stepping he called it.

But when I saw him do it, I looked on the Net, found other people doing Jiang bagua & was like "Gee... they all do it the exact same way... but we don't..." and that solidified my desire for TCMA from TCMA, not something that used to be TCMA & isn't so much anymore.

Discredit... nah... not my bag... I just ask questions nobody wants to answer & hopefully makes them look at the mirror...so you got it while you were in SD??

TenTigers
08-30-2007, 03:07 PM
I like his vids. I also learned a little Jiang Bot Gua from (believe it or not) Mantak Chia (I have no idea where he learned it from) and bought the vids as a refrence. I found his vids to be very exacting,step by step, perhaps to the point of being slightly exaggerated in movement, but I was looking for that precision anyway.

sean_stonehart
08-31-2007, 03:43 AM
so you got it while you were in SD??

Yeah... sometime in '03 I think. I left Feb 04.