PDA

View Full Version : need help locating a movie...

yutyeesam
08-29-2007, 11:16 PM
I need to find a (lesser known) Kung-Fu movie that has a scene with a fighting fan. I already found one, "Bruce Lee: Invincible", but I need another one.

I don't want to use Jackie Chan's Young Master or Drunken Master II or Dreadnaught, I need something a little more obscure?

Any thoughts?

doug maverick
08-29-2007, 11:49 PM
that had some great fan fighting in it

yutyeesam
08-30-2007, 06:42 AM
that had some great fan fighting in it

Awesome. Thank you, I'll definitely look for that.

Jimbo
08-30-2007, 01:38 PM
I think there was a little bit of fan fighting done by Fu Sheng in Heroes Two, and probably again in Shaolin Avengers. Pardon me, it's been a long time since I saw those.

I also think Lam Ching-Ying used a fan against Yuen Biao in Magnificent Butcher, but that's a very commonly found film.

jethro
08-30-2007, 01:59 PM
THat Lam Ching Ying Yuen Biao fight is easily one of the best fights I have ever seen. Also check out Shaolin Kingboxer and Fan Merit. Meng Fei is very good with a fan. and Hwang Jang Lee uses a fan in Snuff Bottle Connection.

doug maverick
08-30-2007, 04:30 PM
he's looking for lesser known fights. that fights pretty well known.hey u mind telling us why?

jethro
08-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Why is it well known?

Because it is a popular movie.

mickey
08-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Greetings,

Fan fight scenes can be found in:

- Kung fu Genius

- The Sentimental Swordsman

- Return of the Sentimental Swordsman

mickey

Jimbo
08-31-2007, 12:32 AM
I seem to remember Lau Kar-Leung using a fan early on in Mad Monkey Kung Fu. But that's not a very obscure movie, either.

jethro
09-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey, I said the movie Fan Merit but I meant Young Hero of Shaolin. I think fan Merit is another title for it. Like I said, Meng Fei is great with a fan.

Be sure to check out Shaolin Kingboxer and Young Hero of Shaolin.

doug maverick
09-01-2007, 11:24 PM
hey yutyeesaam why were you looking for lesser known fan fights?

yutyeesam
09-02-2007, 02:08 AM
hey yutyeesaam why were you looking for lesser known fan fights?

Hey Doug,
I'm doing a demonstration/presentation of the fighting fan for another Kung-Fu school (they don't do any fan stuff), and I wanted to use movie clips of fan fight scenes that you can't easily come by, just to kind of turn on the intrigue of older lesser known Kung-Fu flix for the relatively new Kung-Fu student.

Your recommendation of the Kid with Golden Arms is a great one! Thanks for that - I'm totally going to use it!

I was going to try to import the fan fight scene clips into a power point, but I realized I don't have the tech savvy for that, so it looks like I'm going to have to bring a DVD player. Do you by chance know how to extract clips from a movie? If not, no biggie, bringing a DVD player is not a problem.

Li Kao
09-02-2007, 04:56 AM
If I remember correctly, Adam Cheng had some nifty fan work in the Lau Kar Leung film Shaolin and Wutang (http://www.kungfucinema.com/reviews/shaolinandwutang.htm) also starring Gordon Liu.

jethro
09-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Kid with the Golden Arm doesn't even come close to Meng Fei using a fan.

jethro
09-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Not what you are looking for, but check out one of Bolo Yeung's best fights. Umbrella vs flute- http://youtube.com/watch?v=VfkrxyJtAns

Bolo is the king of no look kung fu