PDA

View Full Version : Where did My latest Woman thread go?

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Really Mods, how am I to ever figure out the female of our species without the help of the entire Kung F community?

Now, where were we? Oh Yes, since I can't quote previous posts I just wanted to say to those giving me advice on meeting women in general, I seem to be pretty good at that by just being myself...it's finding someone who is actually a good match for me that I am having trouble with.

I think the closest I ever came was Theresa....but she had this demonic out of control temper that sort of negated all her positive qualities. I can't really say I found her anywhere in particular, I just always knew her from childhood.

How do I find, or more like *Where* do I find someone who is as compatible as she was, only with out the Demonic possessions issues?

SaintSage
08-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Stop looking.

Seriously.

If it's meant to be, she'll show up.

If not, celibacy is good for spiritual energy!:p

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Stop looking.

Seriously.

Reply]
I don't buy that. That sort of advice is fine when you are in your 20's, and there are a ton of hot looking, Quality singe women around, but when you are pushing 40, that advice will just get you alone and an empty house that you have to occupy by yourself in your later years.

Heck, now that my daughter is older and out all the time, I have that going now.....It's darn right depressing.

It's not an issue of celebicy. Getting laid is really not hard at all...finding a good companion is what is really hard...that is what I want.

boshea
08-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Stop looking.

Seriously.

I don't buy that. That sort of advice is fine when you are in your 20's, and there are a ton of hot looking, Quality singe women around, but when you are pushing 40, that advice will just get you alone and an empty house that you have to occupy by yourself in your later years.

Heck, now that my daughter is older and out all the time, I have that going now.....It's darn right depressing.

It's not an issue of celebicy. Getting laid is really not hard at all...finding a good companion is what is really hard...that is what I want.

Instead of thinking about who she is, try thinking about who you are, and what kind of guy the kind of girl you want would like to be with. I'm not trying to insult your character as I don't know you, and I'm not stupid enough to think that your postings on the internet reflect the entirety of who you are. Maybe it sounds like an oversimplification. But seriously, think about it.

I know a lot of people who say "just be yourself", which is sorta true, but it takes effort to be bearable in a relationship, and well, maybe the chick isn't the whole problem all the time. I'm just sayin'.

That said, good luck to you.

banditshaw
08-31-2007, 03:28 AM
Get a couple of cats, grow a beard and amass a decent pool of hookers and call girls that service you for money. Drink vats of red wine with whisky chasers to numb the pain.
There is no such thing as a perfect woman. There are however some really really great women out there though, you just have to distinguish the two core needs you want which seems to be hot sexy time with freaks. Or great companionship with a so so girl in the sack.
Find a middle somewhere if you want a GF.
If not just get the cats and buy the sex.;)

sanjuro_ronin
08-31-2007, 04:15 AM
Until you accept and use the quote function properly, the staff won't let you start and more threads and you will be a hermit with hairy palms !
:D

bodhitree
08-31-2007, 04:41 AM
Until you accept and use the quote function properly, the staff won't let you start and more threads and you will be a hermit with hairy palms !
:D

When the women see he can't use the quote function they really question the possibility of any productive relationship

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-31-2007, 07:43 AM
When the women see he can't use the quote function they really question the possibility of any productive relationship

Reply]
You know, this might very well be the problem!!! *smacks self in forehead*

and well, maybe the chick isn't the whole problem all the time. I'm just sayin'.

Reply]
I am sure she is not, I am a pain in the ass, but I really don't see myself changing. I need one that will put up with me.

SPJ
08-31-2007, 07:48 AM
not an expert.

but we may all have the same search for the soul mate of the opposite sex.

--

once a monk told me.

there are many good things in life. we may run into them, but we may not ask for them. we have to use our "heart" and not our mind.

--

as pointed out in earlier replies. that person may be among your daily aquaintances.

--

on the other hand, if we always are looking for something better, then we will be always looking or no one is good enough.

--

nobody is perfect. there will be characters we like, however, there will also be traits we dun like.

--

it is a lesson for the heart.

--

:D;)

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-31-2007, 08:08 AM
there are many good things in life. we may run into them, but we may not ask for them. we have to use our "heart" and not our mind.

Reply]
My heart allways leads me into relationships with tall dippy, dishonest blonds that are machines in bed, and then break my heart in a devastating way later.

My heart has had it's chance, now it's time for the mind to have a turn at this project.

BruceSteveRoy
08-31-2007, 08:23 AM
My allways leads me into relationships with tall dippy, dishonest blonds that are machines in bed, and then break my heart in a devastating way later.

My heart has had it's chance, now it's time for the mind to have a turn at this project.

you sure its your heart leading you in that direction? not something a little further... south?

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Well, my heart doesn't seem to complain!!

boshea
08-31-2007, 10:01 AM

Reply]
You know, this might very well be the problem!!! *smacks self in forehead*

and well, maybe the chick isn't the whole problem all the time. I'm just sayin'.

Reply]
I am sure she is not, I am a pain in the ass, but I really don't see myself changing. I need one that will put up with me.

Reply]Reply]

Either don't be a pain in the ass, or lower the bar. You know what I mean by "lower the bar" and don't pretend you don't! Seriously though, there are women who would marry you that you might not be interested in. Either you'll have to change, or you will have to cast a wider net. I'm only basing this opinon on the fact that you seem to have been trying for a long time and it hasn't been working. I'm sure you're a great guy (in spite of being a pain in the ass...pleny of people are).

Changing isn't as hard as it seems though. I'd recommend trying that first. If all else fails, there's always mail order brides.

Just kidding (about the mail order brides).

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-31-2007, 10:14 AM
I am not changing for anyone.

don't really want to lower my standards either

I don't just want *A* wife, I want a good one that I will be happy with, and who will be happy with me.

boshea
08-31-2007, 10:20 AM

I don't just want *A* wife, I want a good one that I will be happy with, and who will be happy with me.

I'm just pointing out an apparent conflict in your first two requirements.

*EDIT*
Obviously, lowering your standards is the worst of the two options. That's why I reccommended you think about changing yourself. I don't mean caving in to whatever you think some ideal woman wants in a man, or trying to be someone you are not. I'm just saying, given that you said yourself that you are a "pain in the ass" (i.e. you have identified the problem already), maybe work on being less of one.

Becca
08-31-2007, 10:43 AM
this might be your only option if you aren't willing to adapt a bit...

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Maybe I need to try and find a farm girl, and stop going after all these Naperville rich chicks?

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-31-2007, 11:04 AM
LOL!!

I told this one girl I was going to Argonne to do some hiking...she was like "Do they have a Mall there?"

I was like "yes, they have a huge Mall, right on the trail just above the creek on the top of the ridge!!!" :rolleyes:

Needless to say, I didn't get the opportunity to waste my hard earned money feeding her, and entertaining her that nite!! :p

RonH
08-31-2007, 12:27 PM

Reply]
My heart allways leads me into relationships with tall dippy, dishonest blonds that are machines in bed, and then break my heart in a devastating way later.

Church! You need to go to church to find a good woman. :p

Look, if tall blondes are giving you trouble, go for shorter brunettes that are a little bookish.

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Church! You need to go to church to find a good woman.

Reply]
I am not allowed in Church.

Look, if tall blondes are giving you trouble, go for shorter brunettes that are a little bookish.

Reply]
Thems is HOT!!! :D

Becca
08-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Maybe I need to try and find a farm girl, and stop going after all these Naperville rich chicks?

S'possible...

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-31-2007, 02:58 PM
LOL!!!

Picking up the wimn's is easy!! Knowing which ones to pick up is the hard part!!

boshea
08-31-2007, 03:31 PM
LOL!!!

Picking up the wimn's is easy!! Knowing which ones to pick up is the hard part!!

That's funny, that sounds kinda familiar...

Water Dragon
08-31-2007, 03:34 PM

All right, Bro. This really isn't the board for it, but here's my advice to you. First, think of the woman you'd like to date, picture everything about her. Now, think about the guy she'd like to date. What is he like? How does he look/dress, how does he act, what kind of career does he have? Now go become that guy.

You don't want to settle, neither does she.

I've dated a a few women in their late 30's. It's a lot easier to pick out the quality from the trash in that age group. I've had both, but it's a lot easier to pick out quality in that age group vs. girls in their mid-20's.

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-31-2007, 04:00 PM
I am not interested in changing into what I "Think" she would want. I need a good woman who wants me as I am.

boshea
08-31-2007, 04:12 PM
I am not interested in changing into what I "Think" she would want. I need a god woman who wants me as I am.

Try generosity and kindness. "The right kind of chick" digs that kind of stuff. Since you aren't allowed in church, look for non-religiously affiliated volunteer opportunities. Can you afford to take some time off from your career? Do a Peace Corps project, or maybe a shorter volunteer project abroad. Or volunteer locally. Better yet, volunteer to teach English in some remote rural area of China where you can live your dream of training under a master who lives in the mountains while generously dedicating your time to benefit the local children.

A smart woman will be able to see through someone who is only doing it to impress her, so do this with sincerity.

boshea
08-31-2007, 04:20 PM
I am not interested in changing into what I "Think" she would want. I need a god woman who wants me as I am.

A "god woman" might be a bit hard to please, though.

Water Dragon
08-31-2007, 04:20 PM

Well, then your present is also your future. You can't expect to remain the same and expect something different to happen. The patterns you see in your life wont change unless you do. That applies to everything from Gong Fu, to wimmins, to career, family, friends, etc.

Just sayin...

RonH
08-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Church! You need to go to church to find a good woman.

Reply]
I am not allowed in Church.

Check out yoga. Lots of good honies take yoga.

Reply]
Thems is HOT!!! :D

You're half way there. Bookish brunettes that're short. Ignore the blondes.

Try generosity and kindness. "The right kind of chick" digs that kind of stuff. Since you aren't allowed in church, look for non-religiously affiliated volunteer opportunities. Can you afford to take some time off from your career? Do a Peace Corps project, or maybe a shorter volunteer project abroad. Or volunteer locally. Better yet, volunteer to teach English in some remote rural area of China where you can live your dream of training under a master who lives in the mountains while generously dedicating your time to benefit the local children.

A smart woman will be able to see through someone who is only doing it to impress her, so do this with sincerity.

The Good Morning, Vietnam route can work.

RonH
08-31-2007, 04:25 PM

Everyone needs a god woman. Even straight women need a god woman.

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Ok Ok, I fixed my spelling!!! :p