PDA

View Full Version : Frantzis and other Warriors

Fighting_Lad
09-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Are there any modern day masters that have actually been in a fight? Have people like BK Frantzis ever actually faught people? He looks cool in the book but has he ever actually been in a proper challenge match/fight on the street? Have any other modern day masters that u know of been in fights?

Fighting_Lad
09-02-2007, 01:21 AM
I thought this was an amazing thread. Reply if you're up to it...

Shaolin Wookie
09-02-2007, 01:26 AM
I was. I picked Dhalsim. That rat ******* of a little mamma's boy didn't even see the yoga flame coming. He just started a sequence of E. Honda's machine gun palm strikes and figured I'd walk right into it. "Yah! Yah! Yah! YAh!"

No siree bobsky. I took that mutha****a down and charred him to a crisp. Then I hit him with my trademark insult, whenever I beat down the fat *******: "Want sumo? I didn't think so!"

I whupped his punkass just for good measure. Little ten year old hotshots don't even know wassup.

Fighting_Lad
09-02-2007, 07:56 AM
I was. I picked Dhalsim. That rat ******* of a little mamma's boy didn't even see the yoga flame coming. He just started a sequence of E. Honda's machine gun palm strikes and figured I'd walk right into it. "Yah! Yah! Yah! YAh!"

No siree bobsky. I took that mutha****a down and charred him to a crisp. Then I hit him with my trademark insult, whenever I beat down the fat *******: "Want sumo? I didn't think so!"

I whupped his punkass just for good measure. Little ten year old hotshots don't even know wassup.

I'm not an idiot - your obvious hatred of certain religions disguised in a mindlessly written post (read highlighted letters above in order) is not appreciated at all in reply to what I thought was an interesting topic for discussion. Please go somewhere else.

Kristoffer
09-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Ahahahahaha

that's hilarious

Shaolin Wookie
09-02-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm not an idiot - your obvious hatred of certain religions disguised in a mindlessly written post (read highlighted letters above in order) is not appreciated at all in reply to what I thought was an interesting topic for discussion. Please go somewhere else.

Here, some of these guys don't read your code, so I fixed it for you.:) You'll have better luck if you post your phone number. I'm sure you get most of your dates off bathroom walls, so you know the drill. Good luck.

lkfmdc
09-02-2007, 11:59 AM

apparently, my cryptographic program is working just fine....

Shaolin Wookie
09-02-2007, 12:01 PM
:D.....but we never even doubted that, man.

golden arhat
09-02-2007, 02:06 PM
OMG

MEGA LOLZ

god that was the funniest thign ever

oh and he was from leeds "where your dad's your brother" ahh good old yorkshire

lol seriously

that was some funny **** :D

Fighting_Lad
09-02-2007, 02:12 PM
So glad I'm not from Manchester. Anyway, what do peolpe think about Frantzis and other warriors, have they ever been in a proper fight?

golden arhat
09-02-2007, 02:24 PM
lol manchester is the most amusing place on earth simply because of

well

mancunions

but yeah i'm from london i just live here :cool:

as for bk frantzis, well mate i read his book it had some useful tips on qi gong and such

i'd like to fight him and see how i do with my mma

yeah actually i think ur average mma fighter would probably cane him like this
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7jf3Gc2a0_8

Fighting_Lad
09-02-2007, 05:27 PM
apparently, my cryptographic program is working just fine....

Why did you put certain letters in a larger font from my post? Not only does this make little sense, it also proves how childish you are - come on, please grow up, I'm trying to have a serious debate.

lkfmdc
09-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Why did you put certain letters in a larger font from my post? Not only does this make little sense, it also proves how childish you are - come on, please grow up, I'm trying to have a serious debate.

makes perfect sense to me :rolleyes:

IronWeasel
09-02-2007, 08:24 PM
LOL

I just wanted to take the time to say thanks!

This is the funniest thread I've read all year.

Fighting_Lad
09-03-2007, 05:38 AM
makes perfect sense to me :rolleyes:

Hmm, this does explain why you behave and write so childishly - you're a small child according to that post.

lkfmdc
09-03-2007, 08:32 AM
boy, am I upset, I came here to troll, and no one is taking me at all seriously, oh what to do!

you are not a good troll, you aren't even a good idiot, I suggest you just give up

cjurakpt
09-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Are there any modern day masters that have actually been in a fight? Have people like BK Frantzis ever actually faught people? He looks cool in the book but has he ever actually been in a proper challenge match/fight on the street? Have any other modern day masters that u know of been in fights?

hey Hassenpfeffer,

when you go fishing in the ocean as opposed to a kiddie pool, you're going to at least need some better bait...

2.5 / 10

Blacktiger
09-03-2007, 07:54 PM
All I can say is.....

Stuff the Da Vinci Code :D

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-03-2007, 08:05 PM
RD enters the room:

"Ummm, what the Hell is going on in here?"

RD quietly looks around the room to assess the situation, then gets afraid...very Afraid...and slowly backs out of the room, turns and runs away with his hands flailing about, while shrieking in utter terror & total fear!

Shaolin Wookie
09-05-2007, 06:06 PM
RD enters the room:

RD quietly looks around the room to assess the situation, then gets afraid...very Afraid...and slowly backs out of the room, turns and runs away with his hands flailing about, while shrieking in utter terror & total fear!

What, did you see a UFO?:confused:

I mean, another one?

Thick Chicago accent to newsreporter on overpass: "It looked like a building knocked over on its side, flying through the air.....":D

Just kiddin'...........I'll never let you have that one.....:p

Fighting_Lad
09-06-2007, 01:14 AM
Please, all of you stop trolling and answer my question.

bodhitree
09-07-2007, 07:04 AM
I hear on youtube Frantis fights Mohammad Ali, whom he knocked off balance with a taiji push. happened just last week.

Lucas
09-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Please, all of you stop trolling and answer my question.

answer:

yes.

thread over.

Fighting_Lad
08-07-2008, 05:48 AM
answer:

yes.

thread over.

Hmm, not really Lucas. I don't think anyone's interested in yes-or-no type answers. Seeing as you've said yes, perhaps you'd like to expand?

Lucas knows that Frantzis has been in a fight, so could you please tell me about this fight.

Any other famous fights from contemporary masters?

Lama Pai Sifu
08-07-2008, 06:02 AM
RD enters the room:

Then he pulls out his +9 broadsword of Holy Boredom and slays the Wizard!

D&D Loser!

LOL

IronWeasel
08-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Hmm, not really Lucas. I don't think anyone's interested in yes-or-no type answers. Seeing as you've said yes, perhaps you'd like to expand?

Lucas knows that Frantzis has been in a fight, so could you please tell me about this fight.

Any other famous fights from contemporary masters?

It took you almost a year to think of that comeback.

Shaolinlueb
08-07-2008, 08:14 AM
i beat m bison a couple times. so yes i have been in many fights. shadow loo aint got sh*t on me.

Lucas
08-07-2008, 09:17 AM

He had to go to get some schooling to find out what my answer meant. Took him a little while to figure it out.

rogue
08-07-2008, 12:10 PM
What, did you see a UFO?:confused:

Naw, just Klingons on Uranus.

rogue
08-07-2008, 12:11 PM

Naw, just low bandwidth.

SimonM
08-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Fighting Lad still hasn't gotten his head caved in by an angry chav during his abortive vigilante ninja activity.

Pity.

Fighting_Lad
08-08-2008, 02:06 AM
Wow you guys are really struggling to understand me here. In order to avoid further discussion about ninjas, klingons and m bison, I'll post my original questions again.

---

---

Notice I'm talking about real people like BK Frantzis not fictional people.

A key to understanding things like conversation etc. is to look at the question, and then create a response that matches the question.

I'll give an example - A "do you prefer oranges or apples?". Here are two potential answers to this question (1) "I have a red t-shirt" and (2) "I prefer oranges". (2) is by far the more suitable answer as it is not only related to the question, but also satisfies the ask of A.

So, if you guys have understood that, try to apply a similar process to my questions, and in fact questions in life. For instance, I asked "Have people like BK Frantzis ever actually faught people?". Instead of giving a (1)type answer about klingons etc. try to come up with a (2)type answer.

Of course, most of the people if not all who have offered (1)type answers are just ignorant and don't know the answers to my questions. That's fine if you fall into this category, but perhaps it would be better to (a) not answer at all, or (b) post your comments on a klingon-related forum.

So guys, give it another try. Here's another quick reminder about the subject matter just so you don't get confused and think this is about The Da Vinci Code or UFOs.

---

---

bodhitree
08-08-2008, 04:16 AM
Takeshi/mega_fist/mega-foot/fighting lad

you are comic gold. Don't ever stop coming back!

TenTigers
08-08-2008, 07:46 AM
answer: yes.

Ray Pina
08-08-2008, 09:26 AM
West coast: BK Frantzis.... heard good things

East coast .... Master David Bond Chan..... best hands I've ever scene. Speed and power, of course, but the technique, the principles, unique and correct. And yes, he has fought a lot in his day. Though now he must be closer to 70 than 60.

The Willow Sword
08-08-2008, 03:14 PM
BK Frantzis clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4u5zN69nBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQViqc29G8I&feature=related

Naturally my interest perked up a bit considering that he is a Bagua Player. Dont know the answer to the question this Kid is asking.

Fighting Lad? Why not shoot him an email and ask him yourself?

Peace,TWS

Fighting_Lad
08-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Ok but other people and real life fights? Frantzis vs. ........... etc. Who won? etc. Other masters vs. ..........? etc.

Fighting_Lad
08-14-2008, 03:43 AM
lads???????

brothernumber9
08-14-2008, 07:10 AM
Shi Guolin vs Shawn Liu aka Shi De Ru at the 2000 Taiji Legacy in front of the Jonie uniforms stand.

Winner by TKO: Shi Guolin by jaw crush 3:16.

lkfmdc
08-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Shi Guolin vs Shawn Liu aka Shi De Ru at the 2000 Taiji Legacy in front of the Jonie uniforms stand.

Winner by TKO: Shi Guolin by jaw crush 3:16.

LMFAO! Yes, quite correct....

GeneChing
08-14-2008, 09:12 AM
...but I'm no master.

I was in several 'fights' two weekends ago. I do volunteer work in event medicine and I lead a crew that specializes in restraining psychiatric patients. We use verbal first, but we go physical when necessary. Two weekends, we had about half a dozen physical restraints. Three of our crew were injured: one black eye, two were bitten (but one was only bitten in the jacket).

Dale Dugas
08-14-2008, 02:36 PM
I can imagine the things you get to see brother.

I too worked security for large events and man oh man I wish I had a camera back then.

I actually get to restrain every month when one of the Alzheimer patients I work with gets upset and acts out. It is hard when the person does not even know they are doing what they doing.

I say prayers for them and the rest of the universe.

GeneChing
08-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Plus you got that Iron Bod. I gave up on that practice long ago.

Sometimes I carry velcro restraints in my back pocket, but never a chain whip. ;)

Lucas
08-14-2008, 03:49 PM
you must keep the whip chain in the front pocket....for the ninjettes.

Eric Olson
08-15-2008, 11:30 AM
What's the point of the original question? As soon as someone says yes or no then there will be someone else to point out that they're wrong....flame war ensues.

I'd say this looks like a troll......2/10 mostly because it was so obvious. The trolls have really gone down in quality over the years. They used to be much better at provoking flame wars while staying under the radar:rolleyes:.

EO

Fighting_Lad
08-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Eric Olson, I'd be lying if I said I respected you.

I ask a question regarding real life fighting experience of today's masters, and you accuse me of being a fearsome member of a mythical race from Norse mythology, and give me a rating out of 10.

I strongly feel your comments would be better suited to this forum http://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/908555

For everyone else, I'd love to hear of some more examples of real life matches between today's famous kung fu experts.

Eric Olson
08-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Eric Olson, I'd be lying if I said I respected you.

I ask a question regarding real life fighting experience of today's masters, and you accuse me of being a fearsome member of a mythical race from Norse mythology, and give me a rating out of 10.

I strongly feel your comments would be better suited to this forum http://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/908555

For everyone else, I'd love to hear of some more examples of real life matches between today's famous kung fu experts.

-3.5........:rolleyes: You're just going to have to try harder to not be so obvious. People who've been on this forum for way to long (like myself0 are wise to blatant trolling. Maybe try a new pseudonym and be a little less obvious next time. Then start a thread about which is better MMA or [insert TMA of choice.]

Haha....

EO

Fighting_Lad
08-17-2008, 07:40 AM
Eric Olson, yet again I'd be lying if I said I respected you.

I ask a question regarding real life fighting experience of today's masters, and you accuse me of being a fearsome member of a mythical race from Norse mythology again, and give me another rating out of 10.

Yet again, I strongly feel your comments would be better suited to this forum http://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/908555

The Willow Sword
08-17-2008, 09:50 AM
I state agin that if you are wanting to know whether or not these guys you have querstions about have ever been in "real fights" then WHY DONT YOU SHOOT THEM AN EMAIL AND ASK THEM YOURSELF?

Im sure the response you would get would be the response you are looking for. Obviously you are not getting it here. Of course i am going to let you in on a little inside info here about the forums and "us" who have been here for a long time.

The Kinds of questions you are asking have been asked a multitude of times with the results turning into a Trolling flame war. SOme of us here actually think its quite fun and some of us here are sick and fukin tired of guys like you coming on here asking dumbfuk questions like this. Guess which group, out of the two, i am in?;)

Peace,TWS

Kevin Huang
08-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Actually, I think that this is a legitimate question.

Those who've been in reality combat encounters think, move, and practice differently than those who haven't. That's not something that can be trained or taught.

That said, reality combat takes place on varying levels. 99.9999% happens BEFORE opponents lay hands on each other.

One's self esteem, physical condition, social standing, situational placement, world experience, knowledge of the law, and communicative ability are all factors in surviving reality combat encounters. These are things that kung fu DOES train, and it doesn't require a scarred streetfighter to impart wisdom on these issues.

For me, kung fu has been vitally important in helping me deal equitably with people I come into and my own personal issues. The physical combat portion (particularly when it comes to surviving reality combat) is only a part of the entire picture.

Fighting_Lad
10-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Right, I sent an email to this guy who said he's a grandmaster, and he replied and said he once actually killed someone in a challenge match so I respect him a lot.

I was just wondering if any of you have any stories about the more famous contemporary masters?

Kevin Huang
10-05-2008, 03:13 AM
No stories from me.

Killing people doesn't make a martial artist legitimate.

Fighting_Lad
10-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah but he only killed him because after the fight the other guy came up behind him with a bottle, so he had no choice but to kill him.

Anyway, aside from this he told me he's a grandmaster so I guess that's proof.

What about the other masters though?

Yum Cha
10-15-2008, 01:50 AM
Yeah but he only killed him because after the fight the other guy came up behind him with a bottle, so he had no choice but to kill him.

Anyway, aside from this he told me he's a grandmaster so I guess that's proof.

What about the other masters though?

Boy, let your mamma watch out for your money...

SimonM
10-15-2008, 06:44 AM
Come on guys, only feed the entertaining trolls.

Ray Pina
10-17-2008, 12:19 PM

BK Frantzis is legit. I have it on good authority from my teacher, Master David Bond Chan. He's the real deal. He was throwing comers around when I was training with him, about 5 years ago. He was in his sixties then. I doubt he'll full on fight a challenger now, he's quite diplomatic, but I wouldn't put it past him.

I would say that Cartmel character in California sounds pretty good. I don't know if he's "fought" or not, but all evidence suggests he's training right. He has a high ranking in BJJ, which is what I would guess turned some more aggression on in his internal. He seems pretty dialed in and probably has lots of fighters around.

I would say my Master's "Kung Fu" is the foundation of what I take into fights. His shielding is great. His power generation is very good. But most of all its the thinking he's incorporated into me. Now everyone wants me to do it their way, and I do in boxing, at boxing I keep my mouth shut, but with kick boxers, I tell them straight out its stupid to try to block a kick that way. Or why should I cover the side of my head and take a hit when I could just as easily use my elbow to deflect it while delivering a strike of my own? They don't know what to say. Some I can see the eyes roll, like, right. Then I hit them with it and they say I'm just faster and stronger. At 34. With creeky football, surfing knees.

I'm fighting tomorrow night. I think someone will film. I'll post results.

Lucas
10-17-2008, 01:36 PM
BK Frantzis is legit. I have it on good authority from my teacher, Master David Bond Chan. He's the real deal. He was throwing comers around when I was training with him, about 5 years ago. He was in his sixties then. I doubt he'll full on fight a challenger now, he's quite diplomatic, but I wouldn't put it past him.

I would say that Cartmel character in California sounds pretty good. I don't know if he's "fought" or not, but all evidence suggests he's training right. He has a high ranking in BJJ, which is what I would guess turned some more aggression on in his internal. He seems pretty dialed in and probably has lots of fighters around.

I would say my Master's "Kung Fu" is the foundation of what I take into fights. His shielding is great. His power generation is very good. But most of all its the thinking he's incorporated into me. Now everyone wants me to do it their way, and I do in boxing, at boxing I keep my mouth shut, but with kick boxers, I tell them straight out its stupid to try to block a kick that way. Or why should I cover the side of my head and take a hit when I could just as easily use my elbow to deflect it while delivering a strike of my own? They don't know what to say. Some I can see the eyes roll, like, right. Then I hit them with it and they say I'm just faster and stronger. At 34. With creeky football, surfing knees.

I'm fighting tomorrow night. I think someone will film. I'll post results.

I'm rootin for ya Ray. Break a leg (and not your own) ;)

TenTigers
10-17-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm rootin for ya Ray. Break a leg (and not your own) ;)

I dunno. I saw that video of the kickboxer breaking his leg. I think you could possibly use it like a nunchaku.

IronWeasel
10-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Wow you guys are really struggling to understand me here. In order to avoid further discussion about ninjas, klingons and m bison, I'll post my original questions again.

---

--
----------------------

Yes.

Lucas
10-17-2008, 02:31 PM
I dunno. I saw that video of the kickboxer breaking his leg. I think you could possibly use it like a nunchaku.

lol ya, those videos of arms and legs snapping in fights always make me cringe.

Ray Pina
10-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Weighed in last night. The guy unfortunately looks game. Might have to put in a bit of work tonight.

cjurakpt
10-18-2008, 06:56 AM
Weighed in last night. The guy unfortunately looks game. Might have to put in a bit of work tonight.

best of luck, we're all rootin' for ya man!

qiphlow
10-19-2008, 01:22 PM
i prefer oranges.