PDA

View Full Version : CLF/Plum Blossom in NYC

MattEl
09-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Are there any CLF teachers in Manhattan, 2nd choice Queens?

Satori Science
09-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Can't say much about Plum Blossom

But

CLF in NYC, Green Cloud
http://www.greencloud.net/index.html

CLFLPstudent
09-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Can't say much about Plum Blossom

But

CLF in NYC, Green Cloud
http://www.greencloud.net/index.html

lol - Wading River is quite far from NYC.

Lama Pai Sifu ( Sifu Parrella) teaches CLF at his schools - one is opening up in New Hyde Park pretty soon, which is on the Queens boarder.

-David

Satori Science
09-01-2007, 03:26 PM
I thought Green Cloud was in Queens(should have double checked, lol). I was chillin with a couple of their instructors after the Wong 06 in the hotel bar, I thought that was what they said. I recomended them as I really liked them & their gung fu was dope.

cjurakpt
09-01-2007, 05:48 PM
when it comes to joining schools other than Sifu Parella's in NYC / LI / upstate that advertise teaching Chan Tai San's CLF, caveat emptor...

the best way to discern is to observe critically and to ask very specific questions about the style, the forms, etc.: the answers one gets should be specific, verifiable and not given in a manner that appears vague and evasive; be especially wary about grandiose and improbable claims (e.g. - anyone who speaks as if CTS was the greatest TCMAist ever, was the only person in the history of TCMA who really knew anything valid, raised them from childhood and passed on 100 different styles to them - run, run fast, run far...);

lkfmdc
09-02-2007, 08:34 AM
when it comes to joining schools other than Sifu Parella's in NYC / LI / upstate that advertise teaching Chan Tai San's CLF, caveat emptor...

the best way to discern is to observe critically and to ask very specific questions about the style, the forms, etc.: the answers one gets should be specific, verifiable and not given in a manner that appears vague and evasive; be especially wary about grandiose and improbable claims (e.g. - anyone who speaks as if CTS was the greatest TCMAist ever, was the only person in the history of TCMA who really knew anything valid, raised them from childhood and passed on 100 different styles to them - run, run fast, run far...);

the multitude of individuals claiming to have trained with CTS boggles the mind, especially when you consider they don't have a single picture of themselves with him, often have basic facts about the man wrong and, oh yes, DO NOT SPEAK A WORD OF CANTONESE

Michael Parrella is the only direct student of CTS teaching his CLF. Steve Ventura (Fit2Fight) is the only direct student of CTS teachign his Lama Pai. As most are aware, I teach in a "san da format", ie I do not teach traditional nor accept students to learn traditional, so I do not count.

street_fighter
09-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Michael Parrella is the only direct student of CTS teaching his CLF. Steve Ventura (Fit2Fight) is the only direct student of CTS teachign his Lama Pai. As most are aware, I teach in a "san da format", ie I do not teach traditional nor accept students to learn traditional, so I do not count.

your site still says you train a select group of students in lama pai... when did you stop all together?

lkfmdc
09-02-2007, 12:26 PM
training a select few and accepting students are two entirely different things....

street_fighter
09-02-2007, 02:57 PM
training a select few and accepting students are two entirely different things....

I find this quite interesting. Excuse me for the derail, and i don't mean to pry, but you seem to have made your opinion of TMA training very clear. May i ask why you continue to train some students traditionally, and what kind of people you accept?

lkfmdc
09-02-2007, 08:01 PM
i don't mean to pry

then don't.....

what kind of people you accept?

I don't....

diego
09-02-2007, 08:25 PM
then don't.....

I don't....

well what type do you select? lol

Does Sifu Parrella teach Lama as well as CLF, and who is the better teacher for Lama between him and Sifu Ventura?
Thanks

lkfmdc
09-02-2007, 08:38 PM
who is the better teacher?

until they fight a battle to the death with sledge hammers, in kung fu slippers, at the land fill, at 4 am, we'll never know, will we?

cjurakpt
09-02-2007, 08:45 PM
well what type do you select? lol

Does Sifu Parrella teach Lama as well as CLF, and who is the better teacher for Lama between him and Sifu Ventura?
Thanks

Sifu P. does teach Lama, but I believe, and could be wrong, that it's not his emphasis (despite his screen name), whereas I'd say that the inverse was true fro Sifu V.

of the CTS students that I know personally who I believe are teaching publically, I would say that one could reliably study what he taught with any of the following Sifus (in no particular order; and all of whom speak Cantonese): Ventura, Parella, Ross or Innocenzi; if there are others doing so, I either don't know about it, or what they are teaching and how they teach it is highly suspect (e.g. - never learned / forgot a significant amount of material; couldn't speak Chinese and therefore were unable to communicate with Sifu CTS; teach in a very unstructured and haphazzard manner; make strange claims /overstate the nature of their relationship with CTS)

street_fighter
09-02-2007, 09:44 PM
then don't.....

I don't....

you take yourself too seriously. i was just wondering if you thought that traditional training could actually be of some benefit to certain people, because i usually respect your opinions.

lkfmdc
09-03-2007, 08:37 AM
you take yourself too seriously

not in the least, refer to my photoshops, particularly the Shaolin Taco series

I do not accept students to do Lama Pai. It's really that simple

diego
09-03-2007, 06:43 PM
until they fight a battle to the death with sledge hammers, in kung fu slippers, at the land fill, at 4 am, we'll never know, will we?

That's true..if I remember correct yall wrote that CTS held lama in high regard...something like he taught CLF for basics and lama was his fave fighting stratagy!?...so i was curious to find out if parrella likes clf more than lama for fighting...as you know it's a very private world in the lions roar community compared to wing chun, hung gar and choy li fut...they all have movie heroes so everyone knows about them...hop gar etc seems to have a bunch of streetpeeps from back in the day so it's seeming to me you gotta be in the know...kinda just train hard and hope for the best maybe bhudda will bless you with true instruction....:)??
peace

diego
09-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Sifu P. does teach Lama, but I believe, and could be wrong, that it's not his emphasis (despite his screen name), whereas I'd say that the inverse was true fro Sifu V.

of the CTS students that I know personally who I believe are teaching publically, I would say that one could reliably study what he taught with any of the following Sifus (in no particular order; and all of whom speak Cantonese): Ventura, Parella, Ross or Innocenzi; if there are others doing so, I either don't know about it, or what they are teaching and how they teach it is highly suspect (e.g. - never learned / forgot a significant amount of material; couldn't speak Chinese and therefore were unable to communicate with Sifu CTS; teach in a very unstructured and haphazzard manner; make strange claims /overstate the nature of their relationship with CTS)

I'm sure i'll bump into someone in the future making half azzed claims, I'll remember to dig for details within their claims.:)

Ronin maximus
09-03-2007, 06:47 PM

Isn't the individual in question a Sifu, nonetheless?:confused:

I mean, how did this person become a Sifu under CTS, with all of these shortcomings?

cjurakpt
09-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Isn't the individual in question a Sifu, nonetheless?:confused:
who says I am talking about one only particular individual? I can think of at least 3 or 4 people who meet some or all o fthe above criteria;as for the specific person who you are talking about, if you apply those criteria and still can't tell they are FOS, then what difference would it make what I say anyhow? as for someone being a sifu - it's not like there is a state licensure board regulating who says they are a sifu or not; it's not like 99.9% of the general public has the capacity to judge whether or not someone is actually qualified to call themselves that...

I mean, how did this person become a Sifu under CTS, with all of these shortcomings?
again, I don't know which person you are specifically referring to, but in regards to how someone could have become a sifu under CTS without necessarilly being qualified, well, do you really want that question answered honestly? based on the way you ask the question, I think you would rather keep on living in kung-fu fantasy land...

cjurakpt
09-03-2007, 07:15 PM
That's true..if I remember correct yall wrote that CTS held lama in high regard...something like he taught CLF for basics and lama was his fave fighting stratagy!?...so i was curious to find out if parrella likes clf more than lama for fighting...as you know it's a very private world in the lions roar community compared to wing chun, hung gar and choy li fut...they all have movie heroes so everyone knows about them...hop gar etc seems to have a bunch of streetpeeps from back in the day so it's seeming to me you gotta be in the know...kinda just train hard and hope for the best maybe bhudda will bless you with true instruction....:)??
peace
the simple answer is to call up Sifu P and politely ask him yourself re: the CLF / Lama issue (the answer may not be as glamorous or esoteric as you think)

I'm sure i'll bump into someone in the future making half azzed claims, I'll remember to dig for details within their claims.:)
you may or may not, it depends where you look;

cjurakpt
09-03-2007, 07:39 PM
I do not accept students to do Lama Pai. It's really that simple

which reminds me Dave - the New Initiates have just about finished learning the Secret Lama Handshakes and can sing the Lama Anthem up to verse 5 ("Lamas are nimble and light on their toes; my respect for Lamas continually grows!") from memory, and are now ready for instruction regarding use of the Decoder Rings; should I have them ready at the Temple by midnight in their jockstraps and monk robes?

Ronin maximus
09-03-2007, 08:09 PM
who says I am talking about one only particular individual? I can think of at least 3 or 4 people who meet some or all o fthe above criteria;as for the specific person who you are talking about, if you apply those criteria and still can't tell they are FOS, then what difference would it make what I say anyhow? as for someone being a sifu - it's not like there is a state licensure board regulating who says they are a sifu or not; it's not like 99.9% of the general public has the capacity to judge whether or not someone is actually qualified to call themselves that...

again, I don't know which person you are specifically referring to, but in regards to how someone could have become a sifu under CTS without necessarilly being qualified, well, do you really want that question answered honestly? based on the way you ask the question, I think you would rather keep on living in kung-fu fantasy land...

This thread was obviously addressing one individual in particular. And I'll leave that up to someone else to name.
Let's not be too coy.:rolleyes:
And he "used" to be listed with the other 3 Sifu under CTS.

cjurakpt
09-03-2007, 08:32 PM
This thread was obviously addressing one individual in particular. And I'll leave that up to someone else to name.
Let's not be too coy.:rolleyes:
And he "used" to be listed with the other 3 Sifu under CTS.

again, I personally can think of at least 3 people who fulfill those criteria entirely, and a few more who do partially; therefore, it is reasonable to speak in general terms; that said, I have a pretty clear idea of who you are referring to, and in my estimation that person would fit the criteria I spoke of; however, based on how your questions are worded, I am guessing you have a pesonal attachment to that individual, so you are already predisposed towards doubting what I write; as such, I don't see the point of arguing my experience versus yours;

lkfmdc
09-03-2007, 09:40 PM
let's say there was a hypothetical person, who doesn't really exist, who is called "person x"

Lets' say person x studied a bit with CTS, but never bothered to learn Cantonese, never bothered with the little "details", had a horrible memory (and thus forget everything), and most importantly simply couldn't give up all the crap they had learned in the past and often said, out loud, that they could just pass off the crap they had learned in the past as CTS material

Let's say an enitre family, we'll call them the "familia" tried to help this person, tried to show him why the crap he had learned in the past was crap, tried to help them learn CTS material, even tried to help them with their school, but person x never bothered to listen

Let's say that person x's habit of making up bigger whopper's of stories, frequently not only not factual (ie LIES) but silly and impossible and improbable. Let's say "familia" told person x that the entire world saw his stories for what they were and he was making everyone look bad, IE he was warned about his ridiculuous and childish behavior

Let's say the final straw was person x having a nervous breakdown and in a jealous hissy fit doing crap which constituted the "final straw"

I'm just saying, I mean, this is all hypothetical and no such person exists

Ronin maximus
09-04-2007, 05:20 AM
CJurakpt: You have good web-kido and I agree with what you have been saying but,

My question is still unanswered.

CLFLPstudent
09-04-2007, 06:40 AM
CJurakpt: You have good web-kido and I agree with what you have been saying but,

Why does a name need to be written? Sifu Ross' post was very clear, and this whole matter could be left at that.

-David

cjurakpt
09-04-2007, 07:05 AM

which question specifically do you want me to answer?

Ronin maximus
09-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Why does a name need to be written? Sifu Ross' post was very clear, and this whole matter could be left at that.

-David

No names need be named, we ALL know who we are talking about.

Ronin maximus
09-04-2007, 06:29 PM
which question specifically do you want me to answer?

Again with the web-kido.

lkfmdc
09-04-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm 40 and about to have double hip replacement, so "rolling" is over for me already.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ronin maximus
09-04-2007, 06:41 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

No, I just happen to have that in common with him.
Let's just say I WAS a student of his.

lkfmdc
09-04-2007, 07:06 PM
the "infamous thread" was from 10-2006 and you joined in 11-2006

only problem is your command of the English language is much too advanced....

OK, you WERE (I WAS) a student, then why do you care?

cjurakpt
09-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Again with the web-kido.

no, because you originally asked two questions and I wanted to know which which one specifically you still wanted answered; but since you are chosing to be a wise-aZZ about it, I guess there's no point in continuing until you settle down a bit

lkfmdc
09-04-2007, 07:49 PM
what's even funnier is, as we speak, "person x" is still lurking about :rolleyes:

cjurakpt
09-04-2007, 08:04 PM
what's even funnier is, as we speak, "person x" is still lurking about :rolleyes:

ya think? really?

cjurakpt
09-06-2007, 07:46 PM
no, because you originally asked two questions and I wanted to know which which one specifically you still wanted answered; but since you are chosing to be a wise-aZZ about it, I guess there's no point in continuing until you settle down a bit

I guess that this was just too complicated for Ronin Maximus to understand? or perhaps he's just lost interest...

anyway, I'll just do him the "favor" of answering part 2 of his original query:

here's how it was: CTS was far from discerning when it came to making people "official" representatives of this or that; what that meant was that the good and the not-so-good got the same sort of recognition; in most cases thought, the not-so-goods didn't last very long - they couldn't talk to CTS, they didn't understand what he was doing/showing them - it was pretty much a self-limiting phennomenon; however, there were exceptions to the rule: some people just stuck it out due to shear thickness and having lots of $$$ (e.g. - remember Goo-ling?); others got wise to the fact that they couldn't hack it alone and attached themselves as students to some of the more accomplished of the "inner circle"; some eventually left to go do other things because they wanted more detail than they could get (like me - my Cantonese was functional but not as detailed as others); Dave, Mike and the 3 Steve's were able to stick it out, because they spent a LOT of time organizing what they were taught and figuring out how to teach it in a way that didn't send students running for the hills; in the case of "he-who-shall-not-be-named", he got brought up to speed by several others (I remember the first several times he showed up at 440 Lafayette - completely cluless - for example, he had no idea what CTS wanted when CTS was showing me and him a 2-person set, and I had only been around for about a year, whereas he was supposedly this master of kung fu...) and was kept there by those of us who could speak to CTS - but he was constantly forgetting what he was taught (my Lord! CTS's nick-name for him was "no-memory-guy" for cryin' out loud!), and he actually took pride in the fact that he couldn't speak Cantonese, because like that he wouldn't have to deal with CTS making any sorts of crazy demands on him (something the rest of us endured frequently);

so anyway, the "answer" is that CTS was not too picky about who he "sanctioned" to teach,meaning that "shortcomings" were not of much concern to him; of course, it begs the question, what qualifies anyone to teach if his criteria were so lax? good question! anser: go to each person and discern for oneself based on what they tell you, what they show you, and how that jives with your individual ability to critically evaluate a situation...

lkfmdc
09-06-2007, 08:27 PM
here's how it was: CTS was far from discerning when it came to making people "official" representatives of this or that;

CTS's exact thoughts, which he expressed to me directly on MANY occassions, was that those "who know" will spot the real and know the fake

Those who didn't know enough to disccern, didn't matter anyway...

I did NOT agree and we argued about the issue frequently

in most cases thought, the not-so-goods didn't last very long - they couldn't talk to CTS, they didn't understand what he was doing/showing them - it was pretty much a self-limiting phennomenon;

and to CTS they weren't even worth a second thought, those who "got it" did and those who did not didn't matter....

some people just stuck it out due to shear thickness and having lots of $$$ (e.g. - remember Goo-ling?);

as long as "the check cleared", CTS tolerated a lot of people, but that is not a secret at all

others got wise to the fact that they couldn't hack it alone and attached themselves as students to some of the more accomplished of the "inner circle";

and thus, got their material from students while still claiming to be "inner circle"....

in the case of "he-who-shall-not-be-named", he got brought up to speed by several others (I remember the first several times he showed up at 440 Lafayette - completely cluless - for example, he had no idea what CTS wanted when CTS was showing me and him a 2-person set, and I had only been around for about a year, whereas he was supposedly this master of kung fu...)

master of "Cha Nu Fi Pai" (credit to Mike P for that one)

Ronin maximus
09-07-2007, 09:32 PM
You guys just won't let this thread die, I guess you ARE trying to "break his rice cup"
I will not be the tool by which you accomplish that.

And now for the kicker - LKMDFC how do you know you are the real deal?

And not strung along by CTS like you say person "X" was.
Stop and think about this. You all learned much Kung Fu from CTS. Take it and SHARE it. That's all I or anyone who are not as fortunate as you ask. You ARE a Sifu aren't you? This is your RESPONSIBILITY!

Please do not use the "Kung FU fantasyland" excuse, we all know what classical Kung Fu is worth these days.
In other words one man's junk is another man's treasure.

cjurakpt
09-07-2007, 10:40 PM
You guys just won't let this thread die, I guess you ARE trying to "break his rice cup"
I will not be the tool by which you accomplish that.
hey d0rk-o: you asked a question; I actually avoided answering it for just the reason that you cite, I didn't really want to get too specific (although, TBH, if you really think that the people who fill his or most any teacher's rice cup are the ones that read this forum, you are delusional; and since we haven't named anyone specifically, 99% of the readers here won't know who we are talking about anyway, derrr); but you wouldn't leave it at that, would you? if anyone, you were the one who pushed things as being related to one person specifically; and when I demurred, you persisted with repeated claims of web-ki-do; so I figured why not, I'll answer your question, both in general and then somewhat specifically, because it might be instructive for some people on here as to the reality of what it was like as opposed to the fantasy, and maybe it would save them a few wasted years chasing around a fantasy; so really, you aren't a tool for anything (don't give yourself that much credit), but you are a TOOL, that's for certain

And now for the kicker - LKMDFC how do you know you are the real deal?
it has to do with continuity, not to mention a little bit of effort put into one's study; but then again, you're right - in fact, how do we know anyone is "the real deal"; in fact, what exactly does it mean to be the "real deal"? I think you need to be clearer on your basic definitions; but if being able to speak and write with coherently about the topic (as opposed to copying Dave's writing verbatim on a website without citing him as the author), having university level training in Chinese history and language, being able to consistently discuss the style's content and history without changing stories every 5 minutes, and running a successful gym based on his very clearly articulated pespective of how he believes TCMA needs to evolve in the current climate (as opposed to wrapping himself in the flag of tradition and burying his head in the proverbial sand), I think you are on the right track;

And not strung along by CTS like you say person "X" was.
you seem to miss the point - person "x" wasn't actually strung along the way most were - he was actually taught good stuff, because he was physically adept and eventually was able to get what was going on up to a point...but remembering it and then being honest about the circumstances surrounding it, well...and BTW, to a point, yes, we were all strung along, but that's as may be...

Stop and think about this. You all learned much Kung Fu from CTS. Take it and SHARE it. That's all I or anyone who are not as fortunate as you ask. You ARE a Sifu aren't you? This is your RESPONSIBILITY!
are you like, 5 years old? do ou live in a comic book? no one has any freaking responsibility to do anything; and as for poor little you being unfortunate - boo hoo - you have no idea...

Please do not use the "Kung FU fantasyland" excuse, we all know what classical Kung Fu is worth these days. In other words one man's junk is another man's treasure.
in that case you must be wealthy beyond belief...

lkfmdc
09-08-2007, 07:37 AM
LKMDFC how do you know you are the real deal?

a little dense aern't we? or perhaps never paid attention

LONG BEFORE I met CTS, I had done like 7 years of Hung Ga, I had studied Shuai Jiao with Jeng Hsin Ping (one of the foremost figures in the world in that art). I had studied Dragon with Wing Hong Yip. I had done 7 star mantis with students of Chiu Leun. OH, and I had black belts in TKD, Hapkido and Shotokan

AFTER I met CTS, I studied with people like YC Wong, Adam Hsu and Tai Yim. I also traveled far and wide meeting otehr Tibeta martial arts people, including Wong Ching

Oh, and that school I run, and those fighters I train.....

djcaldwell
09-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Dave / Chris - you know what guys like this, and the whole lot of repititious troglodytes don't warrant the recitation of your credentials. They want to see your accomplishments and what makes you "real" -

Let them Google you up - see the list of fighters under Dave - actually try reading some the very insightful posts that are on this forum. Some the articles he has written and even better - spend some time at his gym. I've been there and wish he was closer because I would be there more.

No joke, real deal training - I've met his fighter, I've seen them fight and had the pleasure of working out with some of them as well.

At this point the argument of whether or not he's real is just ridiculous. Not only is he real but he is really good at training people as is apparent by the fighters that his school continues to produce.

lkfmdc
09-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Dave / Chris - you know what guys like this, and the whole lot of repititious troglodytes don't warrant the recitation of your credentials.

YOu're right, I should have just posted

"Dear Ronin Maximus, I'm truly sorry you wasted a lot of time studying with someone who didn't represent themselves or what they teach in a truthful manner and didn't really have a heck of a lot of concern for those who were attending his program, paying him money and putting their trust in him. However, none of that is my fault and has no bearing on who I am, what I know, or how I teach. If you're bitter, I completely understand, but focus your resntment where it belongs...."

djcaldwell
09-08-2007, 11:45 AM
YOu're right, I should have just posted

"Dear Ronin Maximus, I'm truly sorry you wasted a lot of time studying with someone who didn't represent themselves or what they teach in a truthful manner and didn't really have a heck of a lot of concern for those who were attending his program, paying him money and putting their trust in him. However, none of that is my fault and has no bearing on who I am, what I know, or how I teach. If you're bitter, I completely understand, but focus your resntment where it belongs...."

Yup. Nuff Said.

specialed
09-08-2007, 04:07 PM
a little dense aern't we? or perhaps never paid attention

LONG BEFORE I met CTS, I had done like 7 years of Hung Ga, I had studied Shuai Jiao with Jeng Hsin Ping (one of the foremost figures in the world in that art). I had studied Dragon with Wing Hong Yip. I had done 7 star mantis with students of Chiu Leun. OH, and I had black belts in TKD, Hapkido and Shotokan

AFTER I met CTS, I studied with people like YC Wong, Adam Hsu and Tai Yim. I also traveled far and wide meeting otehr Tibeta martial arts people, including Wong Ching

Oh, and that school I run, and those fighters I train.....

don't leave out the rest of the list you posted before

Originally Posted by lkfmdc
People I've studied directly with
Chan Tai San (Lama Pai/Choy Lay Fut)
Jeng Hsin Ping (Shuai Jiao)
YC Wong (Pek Gwa)
Thomas Yeung (Hung Ga)
Tai Yim (Hung Fut)
Yip Wing HOng (Dragon Style)
Cheung Wah (7 star praying mantis and Fukien Lion)
Ho Chih Yu (7 star mantis)
Wong Ching (Lama Pai)
Adam Hsu (Ba Ji, Long Fist)
Tam Jam (Village Hung)
"Iron Head" Li (Village Hung)

clearly you spent many years of quality time with each of these teachers and mastered what they had to teach:rolleyes:

cjurakpt
09-08-2007, 04:35 PM
clearly you spent many years of quality time with each of these teachers and mastered what they had to teach:rolleyes:

oh that's right - school is back in session, so I guess the Kindergarten kids have acess to the internet again

Lama Pai Sifu
09-08-2007, 05:01 PM

I've just read this thread for the first time today. :(

I did think that this matter was dead and gone...but certainly seems like it's being brought up again by someone who knows/trains with/trained with Gus Kaparos.

I don't disagree with the statements of Chris J. or Dave R.

There was quite a debocle that took place on this forum almost a year ago and I don't think it's in anyone's best interest to drudge it up again.

Re-Posting a list of teachers whom Dave R. had the opportunity to study with is just imflamitory. Someone asked how he knew he learned the 'real deal'. That list was already posted to answer that very question. Nowhere does Dave mention that he 'mastered' any of the above mentioned styles....moreso it gives him a unique perspective to compare what he learned from teacher to teacher AND from Chan Tai-San. Most people will never get the opportunity to study with ONE of those teachers...

I know Gus Kaparos better than anyone from our group. It was I that brought him to and introduced him to CTS. I'm not opposed to sharing my opinion about him or anything else for that matter, but I will not do it on this forum. Anyone can get in contact with me if they want...my email address and website info are always out there.

As far as this thread goes...I think you should stop asking Dave and Chris about nameless people - they have however explained adnauseum about the challenges and downsides of being involved with CTS. Let's leave it at that.

CTS is still the most clever and smartest martial artist I have ever met. His application of techniques and the diversity in them is mostly what made his teachings unique. He really knew how to fight with his Kung-Fu and he liked ALL styles - karate, Phillipino stuff, Kung-Fu, Boxing, etc. If he was around when MMA became popular, I doubt we would have been able to pry him from watching UFC events on TV. He had a very open mind and never cared about the origin of a technique - he just cared if it could be used to 'Da Sei Yaan'.

Unfortunatly, we all met him in his early 70's when he wasn't always in the best of health (although early on, he would still pump out a tornado kick from time to time). However, if he was in better health, I don't think he would have shared as much material with us or been as patient. As grumpy as he was, when we spoke to people that trained with him many years before us, they all claimed that he was MORE difficult and MORE hornery than he was with us.....go figure.

I hope this allows this thread to recieve a proper burial.

specialed
09-08-2007, 06:06 PM
oh that's right - school is back in session, so I guess the Kindergarten kids have acess to the internet again

look! here comes boyfriend's #1 and #2 to defend lkfmdc's bull:p

cjurakpt
09-08-2007, 07:29 PM

in your odd little world, it must be nice how the flowers talk to you...

djcaldwell
09-08-2007, 07:40 PM

Don't be a hater...

specialed
09-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Don't be a hater...

and #3 makes his appearance.

lkfmdc, you're all about the money. why not teach your CTS lama and charge sick prices for it. could be a good profit in that.

lkfmdc
09-08-2007, 10:33 PM
there is a definite reason he is called "special" :rolleyes:

lkfmdc, you're all about the money.

that's right, I am HUGELY successful, with a HUGE school and a ton of fighters (tonight we went 2-0 with one of my students winnning by KO in 17 seconds). And that's exactly why you get your panties in a bunch, a little thing called the green eyed monster. Sorry, yes, I've learned more than you, yes, I learned with many famous teachers and yes I am more successful than you. If that bothers you, it's not my fault

have a nice life

Lama Pai Sifu
09-08-2007, 11:25 PM

lkfmdc, you're all about the money. why not teach your CTS lama and charge sick prices for it. could be a good profit in that.

Why do you care? What are you, the Lama Police?

I don't understand why guys like you try to provoke people...

I'm all for a good arguement from time to time, but what exactly is your issue/axe to grind here??

If Dave Ross wants to teach brazilian basket weaving, more power to him. Just as long as he teaches a good version/class of BBW and not that watered down sissy-mary sh1t. (His BBW is not from CTS however, it was from a little known college experience he once had at a dorm party, after he imbibed copious amounts of spirits - but alas, that is another story and certainly NOT for public consumtion!)

But seriously - I could care less what people teach - as long as;

1. They don't make up stories about what they teach or what they learned or who they learned it from.

2. They teach techniques that are good and that will work against resisting opponents.

3. They continue to train to develop and update their skills

I think THAT is what is important - if you decide to teach for a living that is.

If you can find fault in that or have another opinion, hey, that's up to you. I'm just telling it how I see it.

djcaldwell
09-09-2007, 09:56 AM

Funny, I was thinking the same when "you" joined the discussion - I was here already but I guess that's what makes you "special".

lkfmdc
09-09-2007, 10:06 AM
he's just upset that I have friends and he........

monji112000
09-09-2007, 04:15 PM
I could care less what people teach - as long as;

1. They don't make up stories about what they teach or what they learned or who they learned it from.

2. They teach techniques that are good and that will work against resisting opponents.

If more CMA schools and "sifu"s followed those simple three ideals... how different things would be:D

cjurakpt
09-09-2007, 07:08 PM

If more CMA schools and "sifu"s followed those simple three ideals... how different things would be:D

I couldn't agree more - in fact, even if they just did #'s 2 (I would add "skilled" & "conditioned" before resisting opponents, BTW) & 3, I could probably live with #1, so's long as it was a voluntary after class activity and they had their tongue planted firmly in their cheek...

but otherwise, it's a nice little set of guidelines - actually, I think somewhere there's an article in that - Mike, maybe it's time you picked up the pen again? seriously...

Dragonzbane76
09-10-2007, 06:26 AM
HAHA and I thought Pai Lum had to much politics..... Man was I wrong.

Eddie
09-10-2007, 06:47 AM
its a southern style thing.
one days its pai lum, next CLF, then lama and clf.
If not for the politics, this site would be pretty boring.