PDA

View Full Version : Zeitgeist Movie discussion

mickey
09-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Greetings,

I think I made a few people uncomfortable by calling the Lee character in Enter the Dragon a villain in another thread. I must confess that when I first saw the movie, the underlying themes did not matter at all to me. I wanted the action and I got it. Time and experience has caused me to think more about how media presents things. Many of us use movies as a means of escapism; but, we must bear in mind that in doing so, we are escaping to something. Oftentimes, we let down our guard and allow our consciousness to be saturated with stuff that we would not make time for if we weren't sitting in the dark, looking at the screen and just waiting for that fix.

I recently came across this presentation. I hope that it encourages thinking. It is nearly two hours long and it is WORTH IT. When I viewed it, there were only a little over 32 thousand views; when I finished there were over 2 million views. for those of you who are still spiritual warriors, get this out STAT!!! :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5547481422995115331

mickey

doug maverick
09-03-2007, 02:16 AM
i don't think nor have i ever thought lee's character was a villian just a sucker. they clearly used and minipulated him. on several levels first by showing the person who killed his sister(that alone would've sent someone there), second by ensuing that han was using and abusing the shaolin way(which lee's character supposedly upheld) also i guess your forgetting that lee's character was going to the tournament already. i just think your reading into this thing way too much! it was a farily decent kung fu film and thats it nothing more nothing less. no ones gonna see ETD and say hey i think i'm gonna derstroy the world or anything. or i'm gonna fly to cjhina and get a shaolin monk to take down an international drug ring so i can take over. calm down man

mickey
09-03-2007, 06:01 AM
Hi doug maverick,

The character received an invitation to go to the tournament. Braithwaite and his "people" knew about it. The way that the Lee character responded, it was as if he had received an invitation before.

By the way, I am not intense over the ETD matter. I simply offered a point of view. But do check out that link. It is way serious.

mickey

NJM
09-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Oh for god's sake, not Zeitgeist again.

>The sun shines on every part of the Earth.

>Humans have eyes.

>Humans can see the sun.

>There are 4 seasons on most of the Earth.

>Humans often associate the sun with religion because it is a big ****ing glowing thing in the sky and makes plants grow and gives heat etc.

I just pwned Zeitgeist's religion rant, which talks about how every religion was founded on a secret alien sun-worship cult that works with the freemasons and new world order etc.

Care to throw in some mis-translations of Sumerian and Mithric texts for good measure?

Many of us use movies as a means of escapism; but, we must bear in mind that in doing so, we are escaping to something.

This, however, is very wise.

mickey
09-03-2007, 11:51 AM
NJM,

You need to see the whole thing. The last two parts are worth seeing.

mickey

doug maverick
09-03-2007, 12:20 PM
yeah i'm not into that stuff but you go ahead mickey

Lucas
10-04-2007, 03:01 PM
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

seriously, watch it.

if you dont watch THE ENTIRE THING, dont comment.

NJM
10-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Search Function (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47856&highlight=zeitgeist)

seriously, use it.

if you dont search THE ENTIRE FORUM, dont comment.

NJM
10-04-2007, 03:42 PM
What do you get when you mix crackpot theories on Freemasonry, Mithra, Thermite, Tanks and George Bush?

A pile of festering crap.

doug maverick
10-04-2007, 03:50 PM
get that crap out of here this is a furom about martial arts media. not crappy new religions

NJM
10-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Actually it's a silly conspiracy movie.

jethro
10-04-2007, 04:16 PM
You better have watched the whole video since you posted!

doug maverick
10-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Actually it's a silly conspiracy movie.

i know i watched it i was just kiddin

mickey
10-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Greetings,

This forum is for Martial Media and Popular Culture.

Zeitgeist does a real tight squeeze into Popular Culture.

Thank you, Lucas, for taking the time to look at the film.

Since the time I started this thread, the number of people who looked at that film increased to over three million. I hope that means that people are beginning to think about things. That being said, what if everything in that film is true? What is the true purpose of presenting it? Is it to really wake us up?; or, is it to create another state of overwhelm that forces people into a deeper sleep (I sense that here, at times)? In that regard, is it another manipulation in itself?

Food for thought,

mickey

Doc Stier
10-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Zeitgeist 8 :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhs64JnfC8c

Doc

NJM
10-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Reported for no link, no purpose.

Pure spam.

jethro
10-12-2007, 11:07 PM
You are strict NJM!

Doc Stier
10-13-2007, 01:12 AM
I could have sworn I included the link in the original post, but in any event, it has been amended to include the link now. Check it out.

Doc

NJM
10-13-2007, 09:56 AM
So, is it a new installment of Zeitgeist?

The Willow Sword
12-03-2007, 06:36 AM
www.zeitgeistmovie.com

I found this to be a very interesting flick(if you got 2 hours to kill)

"Dont blindly believe anything the authority tells you, seek and find the answers and facts for yourself".

Peace,TWS

doug maverick
12-03-2007, 09:06 AM
this is the third time this crap has poped up.

The Willow Sword
12-03-2007, 12:28 PM
living in denial are we? How is egypt this time of year? ;)

Look i know this is a controversial subject and you can look at things however you wish to, but one thing you have to be able to see in this whole production is that things are not as they seem and especially with the 9-11 incident. it has been debated and i know it is difficult to realize what is being put forth to you and that it is difficult to realize that the people in power have the capabilities to pull off something like this, but you know even the narrator says, find out the facts on your own and dont blindly believe anything that the authorities tell you.

I too thought that even though our government is F'ed up,in my opinion,and that inherintly it is a corrupt system, that they would not be so evil and sadistic as to facilitate an event like this for the reasons put forth,HOWEVER, looking at things they way they have been presented on all sides regarding that matter, i am now not so sure. call me tinfoil hat wearing and whatnot, there IS something that has been going on and we as a society of people are so Apathetic to it all and i think that is the greatest enemy of us all,,is our APATHY.

Peace,TWS

doug maverick
12-03-2007, 12:47 PM
living in denial are we? How is egypt this time of year? ;)

Look i know this is a controversial subject and you can look at things however you wish to, but one thing you have to be able to see in this whole production is that things are not as they seem and especially with the 9-11 incident. it has been debated and i know it is difficult to realize what is being put forth to you and that it is difficult to realize that the people in power have the capabilities to pull off something like this, but you know even the narrator says, find out the facts on your own and dont blindly believe anything that the authorities tell you.

I too thought that even though our government is F'ed up,in my opinion,and that inherintly it is a corrupt system, that they would not be so evil and sadistic as to facilitate an event like this for the reasons put forth,HOWEVER, looking at things they way they have been presented on all sides regarding that matter, i am now not so sure. call me tinfoil hat wearing and whatnot, there IS something that has been going on and we as a society of people are so Apathetic to it all and i think that is the greatest enemy of us all,,is our APATHY.

Peace,TWS

egypt this time of year is actually very windy. its not about living in denial its about. coming here just to hereabout films that have nothing to do with conspiracy the bush administration or anything of the sort. F uck that sh!t my father was a marine colonel who worked for the pentagon and was in the building when the plane struck. and i had live in that ****(he didn;t die he was on the otherside of the building)hearing about it not to mention i live in new york and saw with my own two f ucking eyes the world train center come down. when i come on the kung fu board i just want to read about martial arts and martial arts related issue's there tons of site that are for that vid. not to mention that three times this **** was posted here and it just doesn;t belong here. take it somewhere else please.

sanjuro_ronin
12-03-2007, 12:47 PM
You with the whip, back away from that dead horse !!

:D

NJM
12-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Peace,TWS

Hey, willow sword, how do you translate anunnaki? :D

doug maverick
12-03-2007, 02:13 PM
i think this thread should be deleted entirely. who is with me

Lucas
12-03-2007, 02:30 PM
OR....you could just not click the link that opens it?

NJM
12-03-2007, 03:35 PM
i think this thread should be deleted entirely. who is with me

I second this.

doug maverick
12-04-2007, 12:39 AM
OR....you could just not click the link that opens it?

or it can just be deleted from a forum that has nothing to do with the subject matter of the video.

Drake
12-04-2007, 02:32 AM
Yeah, the government is evil! We know it because the media tells us so!

Has anyone here actually been oppressed by the government? Has anyone actually seen conclusive conspiracy evidence aside from secondhand sources and youtube clips? I'm sorry, but life is rather boring, and the federal government is currently swamped in far too many mundane tasks (such as two wars, a real estate meltdown and the upcoming elections) to engage in flights of fancy such as black helicopters in the midwest and border dissolution.

The biggest thing taxing the military right now has nothing to do with secret UFO labs in Nevada. It's training a military force that has known nothing but brutality and corruption for decades. And that alone is pushing us to our breaking point.

No conspiracy, no aliens, no big secrets.

The Willow Sword
12-04-2007, 06:13 AM
This isnt about UFOs and secret UFO labs in Nevada Drake. Thie issues here are REAL and the conspiracy is VERY REAL. doesnt seem to me that the information presented in that production is Second hand. Either you havent watched it or you did and have an IQ and common sense of a Gnat and really didnt get it:rolleyes:

Peace,TWS

Drake
12-04-2007, 06:26 AM
This isnt about UFOs and secret UFO labs in Nevada Drake. Thie issues here are REAL and the conspiracy is VERY REAL. doesnt seem to me that the information presented in that production is Second hand. Either you havent watched it or you did and have an IQ and common sense of a Gnat and really didnt get it:rolleyes:

Peace,TWS

It was an exaggeration. Though I do have the attention span of a gnat. Cute little gnat, with those delicate wings and precious short lifespan. How it's life must be, savoring every brief moment of its existence, flitting about the winds, left only to glide along the path of fate. Poor, sweet gnat, how I envy thee!

sanjuro_ronin
12-04-2007, 06:28 AM
There is very little doubt that the government has its own issues ahead of the peoples issues, we have seen that in the past, we also know that politicians have no concerns in focusing on THEIR goals over those of the people.
Presidents included.

The issue is, what are you gonna do about it?

Drake
12-04-2007, 06:39 AM
I'm reading the transcript of the movie. They just wrote, seriously, that Horus was born on Dec 25th. Are these guys THAT stupid? Dec 25th didn't exist during the time of people belieiving in Horus, or just about anything written in that transcript. It doesn't help that the sources are pretty limited.

I am VERY disappointed here...

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/transcript.htm

And Shakespeare already said all of this in "King Lear", btw...

"This is the excellent foppery of the world, that when we are sick in fortune (often the surfeits of our own behaviour) we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and stars: as if we were villains on necessity; fools by heavenly compulsion; knaves, thieves, and treacherous by spherical predominance; drunkards, liars, and adulterers by an enforced obedience of planetary influence; and all that we are evil in, by a divine thrusting on. An admirable evasion of *****master man, to lay his goatish disposition on the charge of a star!"

Dragonzbane76
12-04-2007, 07:26 AM
I watched it all and it brought up some interesting points... but had no background proof on a lot of the things they were saying. Way I look at it, the conspiracy theories are abundant and this is nothing new if you go look on some of the other sites about conspiracy theories. It sits right there beside "The U.S. never landed on the moon. It was all staged in hollywood."

I'm not saying things are not messed up at the moment. And yes you should question things, but be very skeptical. There is a lot of Bullshi* out there, more than most people realize. It's a scary thought to think that what this "movie" brings up is true. But there are a lot of variables that are not included to prove there point.

doug maverick
12-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Again I Call For The Deletion Of This **** Thread!!!!

Lucas
12-04-2007, 12:52 PM
IMO:

Its a really interesting clip. It's not something you want to put to much emphasis on, as its just your basic consipracy deal.

BUT, it does have a lot of interesting facts/factoids. Also, for those of an open mind, it can be pretty entertaining.

I can see how some religious people might take this as a personal attack of their faith. I just always thought that pattern of thought to be just as funny as these conspiracy trips.

Each one being the outcome of operating to the extreme regarding this type of subject matter.

Everyone who has strong faith, is right, everyone else is wrong.

So we have billions of people who are all right and all wrong at the same time....because billions of people believe different things.

For those who think everyone should all be the same, all think the same, all act the same, ect.....well now that is comedy gold right there.

NJM
12-04-2007, 06:27 PM
If you guys want to discuss this movie, It'd be best if you pulled out one of the movie's arguements at a time.

I'll start:

The whole "Jesus motif is duplicated in every culture" thing. Your thoughts? Any crediblilty once you subtract Romanization?

doug maverick
12-04-2007, 07:21 PM
and i'm ready to burn this mutha ****a down!!!!!!burn baby burn