PDA

View Full Version : Sifu David Peterson DVD trailers- Up Coming release of SLT & CK series

sihing
09-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Sifu David Peterson Wong Shun Leung DVD trailers for both Siu Lim Tau and Chum Kui can be found here on youtube, SLT http://youtube.com/watch?v=zXhHyjYsua0&mode=related&search= , and Chum Kiu here http://youtube.com/watch?v=cGvV0OwrMI8 , these will be avaliable through Sifu Peterson's website www.wslwingchun.com & Cranes Productions (www.cranesproduction.com) this month (for those of you in Canada, that is me), I will let you all know as soon as that happens Enjoy and don't miss out on these DVD's, Sifu Peterson is world renowned and was said to be by Sigung Wong the only Western student that teaches his method the exact same way as he did, with no alterations.

Sifu Gary Lam Chum Kiu DVD will be released soon after, so stayed tuned

James

P.S. There is a lifetime warranty on the DVD's, if anything happens to them Cranes Productions will replace for free :)

Ernie
09-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Guys David has been sending me his material for almost 10 years now ,, much of what I have achieved [ what ever that is ha-ha ] is very much in part of David's help and sharing of videos with me ,,,,

The man is a Gem humble and honest with nothing but passion for wing chun and spreading WSL teachings .... no hidden agenda's , Politics , or greedy biz junk

if you get any DVD's this year get his ,, those who know me know I don't BS ,,, just gold ,,pure gold :D

VingDragon
09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
nice videos and websites!

however... you wrote:

Sifu Peterson is world renowned and was said to be by Sigung Wong the only Western student that teaches his method the exact same way as he did, with no alterations
if that is true, what about Phillip Bayer (Germany) or Janusz Szymankiewicz (Poland)

?

R Clausnitzer
09-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Sifu David Peterson Wong Shun Leung DVD trailers for both Siu Lim Tau and Chum Kui can be found here on youtube, SLT http://youtube.com/watch?v=zXhHyjYsua0&mode=related&search= , and Chum Kiu here http://youtube.com/watch?v=cGvV0OwrMI8 , these will be avaliable through Sifu Peterson's website www.wslwingchun.com & Cranes Productions (www.cranesproduction.com) this month (for those of you in Canada, that is me), I will let you all know as soon as that happens Enjoy and don't miss out on these DVD's, Sifu Peterson is world renowned and was said to be by Sigung Wong the only Western student that teaches his method the exact same way as he did, with no alterations.

Sifu Gary Lam Chum Kiu DVD will be released soon after, so stayed tuned

James

P.S. There is a lifetime warranty on the DVD's, if anything happens to them Cranes Productions will replace for free :)

Hi, James

Thanks for the good news. :)

David is finally getting the greater exposure which his many students and friends have been encouraging for some years and which he so richly deserves.

I have to point out, however, that your spin on what Wong sifu said about David is somewhat misleading and needs addressing. For that, please see my reply to Ving Dragon's message. :)

Kind regards.

Rolf

sihing
09-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Hi Derek,

I was only passing along what I understood where the word's from Sigung Wong, http://www.wcarchive.com/html/sifus/wing-chun-sifus-d.htm#David-Peterson (there's a quote here, not sure where it is from orginally though). I believe Sifu Peterson is honoring his Sifu by teaching it the same way, without personal alerations creeping in. As for Phillip Bayer and Janusz Szymankiewicz, I have not found any quotes stating the same. I've only heard great things about Phillip Bayer, and seen a couple of video clips, and I've never heard of Janusz.

James

sihing
09-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi, James

Thanks for the good news. :)

David is finally getting the greater exposure which his many students and friends have been encouraging for some years and which he so richly deserves.

I have to point out, however, that your spin on what Wong sifu said about David is somewhat misleading and needs addressing. For that, please see my reply to Ving Dragon's message. :)

Kind regards.

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

I will try to find the exact quote in full. Again if there is an error or misunderstanding I apologize for that and will correct it in the post, as I was only quoting from something I read:)

James

P.S. I found somthing similar on Sifu Peterson's website here, http://www.citywingchun.com.au/, under the bio, 4th paragraph down.

R Clausnitzer
09-03-2007, 07:16 PM
nice videos and websites!

however... you wrote:

if that is true, what about Phillip Bayer (Germany) or Janusz Szymankiewicz (Poland)

?

Hi, VingDragon

Would you mind telling me your name? :)

I'd like again to acknowledge David Peterson as the last of my five WCK formal teachers, his outstanding knowledge, understanding, teaching ability, generosity, sense of humour, and humanity.

The main point of this post, however, is to correct the misleading statement that David is "the only Western student that teaches his (Wong sifu's) method the exact same way as he did, with no alterations". What sifu publicly acknowledged on more than one occasion was that he considered David as the student who was able to interpret and transmit most accurately what he (WSL) was wanting to convey. This is not only a reflection of David's loyalty to and close working relationship with sifu, but also of his own very impressive Chinese language understanding and skills. I cannot think of one senior WSL student who would have this combination of English and Chinese language skills.

Having known David since the mid 80's, I have seen him grow and develop his own brand of WCK in numerous ways, and he is certainly not a clone of WSL (the idea of which would have been anathema to sifu). I am assisting my good friend and ma colleague, Mannie de Matos, founder of Hakarac Martial Boxing (which, I am glad to say, does have a recognisable WCK elements, suitably modified), to bring David over to Perth later this year. They have met and got on famously.

Kind regards.

Rolf

www.healthrealization.com.au

R Clausnitzer
09-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi Rolf,

I will try to find the exact quote in full. Again if there is an error or misunderstanding I apologize for that and will correct it in the post, as I was only quoting from something I read:)

James

P.S. I found a somthing similar on Sifu Peterson's website here, http://www.citywingchun.com.au/, under the bio, 4th paragraph down.

No need to apologise, James.......I can see now that it is a matter of context.....it's just that the original statement seemed to suggest that David was simply a clone of WSL. :)

Regards.

Rolf

sihing
09-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Hi Rolf,

I believe Sifu Peterson is a "keeper of the flame" of sorts, regarding things WSL related. Like you said, his ability to comunicate with WSL and his close relationship puts him in a special position as one of his representatives. I'm just glad that he has choosen to share the wealth and release some of that treasured material to us layman in need of guidance;)

James

VingDragon
09-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Hi,
My name is Derek. I am a Grand Master of all Grand Masters from around the world :)

...just joking...

Please don't take my post as an attack or something to offend. No, I'm just asking for simple explanation (no apologizes) - why people are using such a propaganda to promote themself, no matter that other students are well known, too. Its only few words in all sentence but makes a huge difference.
I don't protect anyone here, as I mentioned the names, but personally I don't like that type of self promotion: " I'm the only one, I'm the best, I'm the GM, I am only white, etc... This is bad propaganda and that is my reaction. Simple. Please don't take it personal.

As an example from my branch:
There is one famous person who has introduced Weng Chun art to the western world, and that's fact - but he is not the only one who teaches and promotes the art internationally. There are many fameous or less known masters, people, or students who did or still does a great job for the art, and none of them dare to use that kind of promotion. I think the same thing is in every Wing Chun family or other Kung fu styles :)

Ernie
09-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Derek-why people are using such a propaganda to promote themself

that is exact polar oppisite of David ! ,,, I know what you mean as I hate politics and BS claims ,,,, one of the many reasons i have so much respect for David ,, is that he is one of the very few pure humble and honest guys out there ;)

If you knew like those of us that have hung out with the man do you would neverthink of the guy in any other light then just a good soul ...

VingDragon
09-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Ernie,
I agree and I believe you, he or they have a great personalities, skills etc...

- no more flame from my side

sihing
09-03-2007, 09:17 PM
The idea behind the quote was to inform those that might not be in the know, that the information on the DVD's is "Authentic" according to the WSL line of Ving Tsun, and not to belittle other instructors in the lineage. There was no intention by myself to proclaim superiority by any one person, as all the students of Sigung Wong are gifted and talented teachers. If I was a millionaire, with the time and means, it would give me great joy to visit with all of them to learn what they have to offer.

James

Ernie
09-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Ernie,
I agree and I believe you, he or they have a great personalities, skills etc...

- no more flame from my side

No worries bro it was an honest question and in most cases you would have been dead on !

VingDragon
09-04-2007, 03:28 AM
:) hahaha,

as I said. WSL was a great teacher and he had many, many talented students around the world - not the only one.

YungChun
09-04-2007, 04:41 AM
Is there a single person who is the head of the WSL family now?

Did WSL appoint or otherwise is there a single leader of WSLWCK?

k gledhill
09-04-2007, 04:47 AM
I can vouch for Philipp , incredible ability , really hard training behind those arms. Humble and friendly guy , no airs . He will explain the system to anyone who asks , no hieracrchy of servitude or grades to hide behind, just information and.... ' Elbows in and Vu-sao ! '...
never a political word about anyone. :D

sihing
09-04-2007, 06:41 AM
I can vouch for Philipp , incredible ability , really hard training behind those arms. Humble and friendly guy , no airs . He will explain the system to anyone who asks , no hieracrchy of servitude or grades to hide behind, just information and.... ' Elbows in and Vu-sao ! '...
never a political word about anyone. :D

It was awesome when he had some videos up on his site, very cool stuff:cool:

James

sihing
09-04-2007, 06:43 AM

Not that I have heard Jim, nor do I think he would have anyways, from what I have read on the man. Stuff like that causes less unity and more seperation IMO.

James

Ernie
09-04-2007, 07:00 AM

Nope ,, and thank God for that ,, People tend to get to caught up on one individual and that's the kiss of death ,, robots and clones are born .

reality no person in the wing chun world can walk on water or cure cancer so no real '' head'' of anything ;)

there are quite a few skillful guys in the WSL group [ and other as well ]
Phillip is very good , Barry Lee , Nino ,Gary and a few others I have trained with them or students and always been pleasantly impressed

not every one is a fighter , reality is most people are not, but there level of understanding and way of thinking seems to be what David call the WSL way .

concept not technique based ,, and no one can be the head of a concept ;)

but I'm sure people will try to package and sell it claim this or that the marketing maniacs are always busy at work LOL :cool:

YungChun
09-04-2007, 07:39 AM
Well I hear you but I assume there was no problem when WSL was the head of WSL.. :)

I tend to think things called WSL, or anything else should represent a standard, otherwise, why call it WSL? Why not just call it WCK? I don't think standardizing WSL or WCK would mean adopting a "cloning" method since I don't think WSL was in favor of such nor do I think WCK need be about same.

Not that I think it would ever happen, but standards for WCK in general would seem to me, at first glance, to offer the chance to improve the quality of WCK instruction. Having no standards at all IMO does not seem to have helped the quality of what is WCK today—although I think there is some movement in the right direction. The main problem as it is with many of these kinds of arts is that they are treated as a commodity, a product for maintream sale, and as a result the quality of the instruction and validity of the art itself gives way to marketing, hype and enrollment numbers, and nuts who have been swept away by the hype on both sides of the cash register.

Will a day ever come when we hear announcers for MMA fights actually saying, “So and so is a mixed martial artist who specializes in Wing Chun kung fu and Wrestling…” Without a hushed giggle falling over the crowd or will the system fall into obscurity in the fighting world and become little more than Tai Chi’s angry kid sister? Maybe it doesn't matter... :confused:

On the bright side it’s Wing Chun bash month on bullshido!!!! :cool::rolleyes::eek:

k gledhill
09-04-2007, 12:21 PM
The guys in bullshido dont know VT is already in the ufc...they are all looking for a stylist that's why they dont see 'it'..'it' may not be done to the letter and in flow but I see 'it' :D
Ideas and concepts dont have a 'look' they present themselves in a perfectly timed right X to a charging attack ...a sustained attack overwhleming the recipient ....good balance and movement ...the list goes on.... maybe not having elbows as tight as I am training but hey even WSL said dont be the slave to the idea ....:D need is the mother of invention.