PDA

View Full Version : Who do U think is most important

SPJ
09-02-2007, 10:47 PM
This is inspired by the hall of fame thread.

who do you think that is most important/distinguished in the style/stuff that you do?

we all know the answer would be yourself.

but who else is there other than you?

:D

SPJ
09-02-2007, 10:50 PM
For the 20 th century;

I would say Su Lu Tang.

He wrote books about Tai Chi, Xing Yi and Ba Gua.

He was the first to link the 3 and provided some theory about "internal" aspect of the practice of the 3.

:)

NJM
09-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Ku Yu Cheung.

golden arhat
09-03-2007, 02:38 AM
bruce lee obv

a great forward thinker

surely he would lose against today's fighters
but for his time he really helped introduce martial arts to alot of people

mantis108
09-03-2007, 02:39 PM
For the 20 th century;

I would say Su Lu Tang.

He wrote books about Tai Chi, Xing Yi and Ba Gua.

He was the first to link the 3 and provided some theory about "internal" aspect of the practice of the 3.

:)

properly true. The problem thought is that most people still don't get what he's trying to say. I believe he pretty muck literally cracked the Da Vinci Code of TCMA and handed the Holy Grail of Kung Fu over in plain sight yet not many people really care. So...:rolleyes:

Mantis108

Fox
09-03-2007, 03:48 PM
bruce lee obv

a great forward thinker

surely he would lose against today's fighters
but for his time he really helped introduce martial arts to alot of people

I second Bruce and also add Jimmy H. Woo

Kung_Who?
09-09-2007, 10:35 AM
As far as modern time, I will have to say Buck Sam Kong for our system.

While our main style is Hung Gar, Buck Sam Kong introduced the CLF forms to our system, giving a nice ballance of short and long range training.

This fact asside, The name of Buck Sam Kong is amoung the top names in Hung Gar within any circle.

TenTigers
09-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Wong Fei-Hung-for creating one of the most famous "Traditional" Mutt styles, long before Bruce Lee, long before the term MMA existed.

Tang-Fong-for maintaining strict tradition-in training, but an open mind in teaching. For inspiring others to seek their own path.Each TF line plays their Hung Kuen a bit differently

Yuen-Ling-for (from what I've heard) letting Buk Sing CLF(Fut-Ga) influence his Hung-Kuen

Tarm-Sam-for being a renegade, and earning honor for CLF at the same time.

Chang Dung-Shen-for seeking out the best methods to create his personal style

Dong Hai-Chuen-for teaching several masters of different styles, his Bagua principles, thus creating several styles of Bagua,each perfect in their own right

All these men were rebels,renegades, broke tradition, yet were staunch traditionalists.(Non Traditional Traditionalists!) They were open minded,free thinkers, who in striving for greater heights, sought to improve themselves, their students and their art.
"Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht" Each Sifu has his own method.

Blacktiger
09-09-2007, 07:45 PM
I have to say this...but:

Du Xin Wu & Wan Lai Shen

They were in an elite group of players.