PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Gout?

Royal Dragon
09-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Anyone have succsess treating Gout?

After reacently bragging that I have not had a Gout attack since I left the toxic enviroment of the body shop 2 years ago, I have been hit with one of the worst attacks I can remember. It's been 8 days now, and Cherries/Cherry Juice that normally stops an attack in it's tracks is just keeping it under controll enough for me ot sleep at nite.

I seem to have found a list of herbs in my notes, and also a stock of them in my herb shelves that seem to be working now, but in all honesty, I don't know where the formula came from...I think I made it up myself.

Some of the herbs are

Cherry juice

Hyssop

Juniper Berries

Burdock Root

Birch bark

Knot Grass

Golden seal.

Sarsaparilla (The herb used to make Root beer)

Ginger

I don't really know why the Golden seal is in there, except maybe as a general detox herb.

I can't find this exact formula in ANY of my books, but I ran out of Cherry Juice, and i found all of them but the Sarsaparilla on a shelf all collected in a nice neat bundle. It looks like I intentionall packeged all these together as a group at some point in time. I made some up tonite.

I must have assembled and used this formual at some point over the years (Or it would not be in my notes).

Compared to allopurinol that takes 48 hours or more to start reliving pain, this formula seems to be helping in just a few hours.

Does anyone else have good Gout remedies? What is your approach to dealing with this?

RD

Dale Dugas
09-03-2007, 05:44 AM
Gout in someone so young might be triggered by certain foods that are prohibited to a gout patient.

Are you eating things that you are not supposed to eat? or is it something else? Just thinking out loud...

Also you should seek out a decent herbalist and acupuncturist in your area. Pacific College has a school with a clinic and they could help you out.

http://www.pacificcollege.edu/clinic/index.html

Sicilian Tofu M
09-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Hope this helps.

http://www.rheumatology.org.nz/nz08003.htm

chud
09-03-2007, 07:22 PM
RD, what joints is the gout affecting? The knees? Do you drink a lot of beer?

Royal Dragon
09-03-2007, 08:21 PM
I don't drink at all, and eat pretty healthy, so I am not sure what triggred this. Maybe hiking all day a week ago without drinking anything?

Right now it is only in my right foot, which is also odd. I have had gout for years, and normally it starts in the center of my left foot, moves to my left toe and ankle, then my right knee, THEN to my right foot and left knee. Allways in that same order.

If it is really bad, it moves to my lower back, elbows and hands useually lasting about 3 days if i chugg Cherry Juice a lot.

We are now 11 days, and I seem to only be able to controll it with the herbs I listed above...which are helping BTW. If I knew it was going to be this bad i would ahve started them right away.

The other thing, it seems concentraited in the right foot, especially the main joint of the big toe. The pain is severe. it's never been this severe without affecting my whole body before, but this time, the rest of me is just fine, not even tight.

Another weird thing, I normally break out in rashes every winter. With the comming of spring, they dissapear on thier own, despite being difficult to controll all winter. This year, I broke out in the rash, a bad one in mid summer...something that is absolutly unheard of except for when I was like age 12-14 or so.

I actually had to go through my winter stock of medicine before Aug was over to get it under controll. It's gone now, but I still have scaring on my hands where it was.

Another weird thing, I am useually most active in the summer, but I have just been really lazy for the last few weeks (3 at least). I don't know if it was all the rain we had this year or what, but it's been hard to motivate myself to go practice for weeks now.

I usually get this way right beofre spring time, never in Aug.

I did train much more than normal all last winter though. Normally I am lazy then.

I am wondering if there is a relation?