PDA

View Full Version : video interviews with masters for the kfm e-zine. ATTN GENE

doug maverick
09-03-2007, 12:27 PM
just a suggestion gene. but that would be awesome and extremely interactive to have recorded interviews with masts hosted here on this sight. it'll bring a whole new level to the e-zine which basically is just a free online version of the mag. but just imagine actually seeing those moves and apps in real motion that you guys put into the articles. hope you guys take that into consideration as it would be so cool. later

bodhitree
09-04-2007, 07:59 AM
If you have any video interviews you could post them on the video sticky thread on the main board.

doug maverick
09-04-2007, 11:34 AM
i don't but i would like to se some

GeneChing
09-10-2007, 04:45 PM
It totally changes the context of the subject. Most martial arts masters aren't that used to being recorded. If you put them in front of a video camera, only the hammier ones don't freeze. Well, that's not absolutely true, but you get my meaning. I record most of my interviews on cassette tape and do a lot of editing before presenting them as written articles. I like my interview subjects to be as relaxed as possible. It's the best way to capture them in an unguarded moment, and maybe I get get the to let some juicy tidbit of wisdom slip out. Video adds all sorts ego issues. Interviewees and interviewers get all caught up in how they appear. Personally speaking, I'm not comfortable with that yet.

We are looking into more video content, so perhaps someday we will present interviews, but not right now.

doug maverick
09-15-2007, 06:54 PM
one of my film school friends just finished a documentary on kung fu in new york city and he was asking my opinion on things and i was watching it i was like **** i wish they did ezine articles like this so i brought it up. but if it doesn;t fly then oh well

GeneChing
09-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Don't get me wrong. We love the suggestion. Always come forward with your suggestions here, publicly and privately. Since this is a public forum, it's my duty to respond. The simple answer to this one is that we don't have the bandwidth to produce these at this time. But maybe someday. Until then, you'll just have to be content with written interviews on the e-zine like this (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=686).

MasterKiller
09-17-2007, 11:20 AM
COuldn't you just setup a youtube channel and save yourself the bandwidth?

GeneChing
09-17-2007, 02:56 PM
We could do a youtube sort of thing - it's something that we've discussed. We've even dabbled in with our TCEC promotions (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39267). But what I meant was that doing 'on camera' interviews is beyond my personal abilities at this time. And there's no one else here on staff that would be capable to do such an interview.

doug maverick
09-17-2007, 07:06 PM
it does sound kinda hard when it comes to just having the manpower to do it. like i said i was just so impressed by the Doc. which should be making its way around the film festival circuit i'll get the title so you guys can look out for it. but it has some really good sifu's on it giving some demo's and just talking about the art very calmly i might add. and no i'm not plugging the doc like i said i was just impressed by it and thought it would be a good addition to kfm's ezine's