PDA

View Full Version : The fastest martial art?

hindoshima
09-04-2007, 05:17 PM
What is the fastest martial art? Which one emphasizes speed more than other traits?

Thanks!:)

I think I might have some spelling errors.........:cool:

David Jamieson
09-04-2007, 05:23 PM
glock fu and rifle te. :p

hindoshima
09-04-2007, 05:26 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaha!:D

I wasn't expecting that!:D

Seriously though, I mean actual martial art forms.

NJM
09-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Hydrogen Bomb-Do. You learn to fuse hydrogen after you get your camouflage belt.

Can't move much faster than gamma rays.

RonH
09-04-2007, 05:28 PM
M80 fu is quick, but illegal.

I've heard kempo is quick for hands. I wouldn't know for all over speed.

doug maverick
09-04-2007, 05:32 PM
its not about the martial art its about the person the being said ma's like caporieara and taekkyon require lots of fast movement. also contempory wushu people move pretty fast

Yao Sing
09-04-2007, 06:41 PM
I've got a blueshift belt in Northern Neutrino Do. I'd show you but, you know, you won't see anything. :D

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-04-2007, 06:59 PM
what ever happened to that Aristo Arrogon guy?

SPJ
09-04-2007, 07:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BO7xOsU2CM&mode=related&search=

my relative flew both P-47 and P-51 for the nationalist chinese air force.

P-47 or jug. it is powerful and fast. it is the largest fighter of its time. it is driven by a radial engine with air cooling.

P-51 or mustang, it is with a liquid cooling engine.

which one is faster. well both are fast.

--

we can be as fast as we can be intrinsically by our physique. no more no less.

--

as pointed out it is "you" factor.

--

some may say throwing darts, sword, broad sword, bow and arrow, flying dagger, long spear etc etc. one faster than another.

--

yes it depends on "who" is doing it.

--

:D

sunfist
09-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Last I heard, wing chun supposedly held all those records for fastest punching, fastest kicking and such, at least in terms of quantity issued in however many seconds.

Such trivia is also completely and utterly useless.

lkfmdc
09-04-2007, 07:40 PM
the very secret style of "Fai Di Kuen"

cjurakpt
09-04-2007, 07:46 PM
and here I thought it was "Dave's First Time"...:p

Chosen-frozen
09-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Overall speed is an attribute of individuals, not styles.

That being said, I`ve always heard that Ba Gua had some of the fastest footwork.

cjurakpt
09-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Overall speed is an attribute of individuals, not styles.

That being said, I`ve always heard that Ba Gua had some of the fastest footwork.

I'm sure that it wasn't from Ba Gua people, right? ;)

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-06-2007, 07:04 PM
I don't thinks Bagua is known for fast foot work...slippery, deceptive yes, but speed? Never heard that before.

SPJ
09-06-2007, 09:39 PM
the legends.

1. fast kick is tan tui. if the kick is so fast that it becomes shadowless. wu yin jiao that would be Huang Fei Hong. CLF is also known for fast kicks. mantis and monkey are also known for fast changes of short and long stepping.

2. lightening hand would be Tong Bei.

3. fastest disapearing act or escape is nin ji tsu. at a burst of smoke or fire, nin ja is gone. may be behind your back, in the water, behind the tree, on the roof etc etc.

--

:D

golden arhat
09-07-2007, 12:21 AM
i always thought that regardless of effectiveness etc

that the martial art with the fastest hands at least was the contemporary fanzi routine from wushu

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V7YRvrB0gHA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jFGrHMAxDqQ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UQvU1x14DCw

but then wing chun seems pretty badass aswell http://youtube.com/watch?v=tuH-GYUHyQw

xcakid
09-07-2007, 09:11 AM
glock fu and rifle te. :p

hahahahahahahahahahaha!:D

I wasn't expecting that!:D

Seriously though, I mean actual martial art forms.

Well it is a martial art.

Firearms training, involves drawing and presenting weapon properly. Similar to many Samurai techniques.

Firearms has various shooting positions. Similar to various stance in various styles.

Firearms involves breathing control and muscle control for proper target acquisition. Various MA styles have this as well.

Firearms takes years of practice to become proficient in all aspects of shooting. Be it instinctive, long range, tactical etc. Sound familiar.

Firearms is the modern weapons training.

golden arhat
09-07-2007, 10:04 AM

Firearms training, involves drawing and presenting weapon properly. Similar to many Samurai techniques.

Firearms has various shooting positions. Similar to various stance in various styles.

Firearms involves breathing control and muscle control for proper target acquisition. Various MA styles have this as well.

Firearms takes years of practice to become proficient in all aspects of shooting. Be it instinctive, long range, tactical etc. Sound familiar.

or put simply

guns are used martially and there is an art to using them

martial-art

SaintSage
09-07-2007, 10:06 AM

I have a HUGE problem with firearms........

I don't have enough!:p

Shaolinlueb
09-07-2007, 01:41 PM
the fastest martial arts IS MMA!!! god knows it has the only real application and skill neededn to survive in the ring and streets!!! :rolleyes:

TenTigers
09-08-2007, 06:08 AM
"wanna see the fastest punch in the world?"
'Wanna see it again?"

(I think Martin and Lewis created this style)

phantom
01-30-2008, 05:22 PM
For hand techniques, Ed Parker american kenpo is one of the fastest arts.

golden arhat
01-30-2008, 05:51 PM
100 metre sprint