PDA

View Full Version : Principles of...

JGTevo
09-06-2007, 07:32 AM
I'm interested in finding out the principles that make styles like Bak Mei, SPM, White Crane and Southern Dragon unique, as well as more information on what these principles encompass.

I've seen some White Crane forms from the Malaysia (if I remember correctly, I cant check because I'm at work) on youtube that look really similar to SPM.. I'm also interested in everyones opinions when it comes to the benefits of training specific forms.

Because I don't have many resources out here when it comes to Bak Mei, SPM, White Crane or Southern Dragon I am very interested in learning what makes these styles different from eachother outside of technique. They probably share many of the same principles, but I'm almost positive each of them has more than a few unique principles to take from.

As I don't believe in learning MA by reading, this is more to further my understanding and knowledge about these arts.. I'm trying to determine whether it is worth it for me to pursue training in any of them, if I have the chance.