PDA

View Full Version : Training schedules

tai chi hermit
09-10-2007, 06:06 PM
I was wondering about how other people trained and what times. I do Yang tai chi, and at the beginning of my day I wake up at 4:45 in my bed I do the 8 gate postures individually in a sitting meditation. Then go outside and do tai chi chi kung then the long form, stationary exercises for each movements of the form, then the form again. When I get home at around 4:30 I do chi kung again then the long form and stationary exercises, moving, jing, and then strengthening exercises ( iron palm, punching the pad of paper, spinning a brick and catching, and finger thrusting in sand).

I was wondering how other people train or what you think the ideal training is that you are not able to do. If you think I'm training incorrectly or leaving anything out please comment.

thanks
corey

brucereiter
09-10-2007, 10:59 PM
hi corey,

i think spending a minimum of 1-2 hours per day is good. even if it is only 20 minutes at a time split through the day. as a general rule i like to start and end my day with something but for the most part i get my practice in at night.

i think it is important to have a list of what you are going to work on written out so you have a clear plan at each practice ... when you have limited time this is even more important ... if i miss something from the list i add it to the next days list ...

but i will add that you should not feel bad if you miss a day or 2 every now and then but if you go several days you might start to get out of the habit ...

practice i think must be a habit and must be something you enjoy doing and look forward to not something you dread ...

write down your goals

write down a plan

do it.