PDA

View Full Version : shoot'em up

doug maverick
09-12-2007, 06:23 AM
plot:
A man named Mr. Smith (Owen) delivers a woman's baby during a shootout, and is then called upon to protect the newborn from the army of gunmen.

yes the plot is very then and so is the movie. i gotta say if i was seventeen i would've loved this movie. but **** this movie was garbage, although the last twenty minutes of the film were really good, the rest of the film was just boring action scene's with stuff we've seen done better by john woo, in hard boiled and the killer and a better tomorrow. matter of fact if john had directed this movie it would've a thousand times better. this movie felt like the old kung fu films where the plot is just built around the action scene's as a matter of fact to get new line to greenlight the project the director writer michael davis did an animatic of all the action scenes. i mean the film showed promise but with clive owen, monica balluci and paul giamatti(talk about mis cast who the f uck is scared of paul giamatti) you could done more with the story. it felt like they were doing a beefed up action version of children of men