PDA

View Full Version : One Inch Punch Video!!!!!!WJKDF

Wolfgang Kruger
08-16-2001, 10:05 PM
Hello all-
Just a heads up warning... Do NOT buy the 1" Punch Video from the World JKD Federation!!!!!!!
It is a TOTAL Rip-off!!!!!

I E-Mailed the company and complained about not posting the running time, they changed it now (Too Late).. 20 mins of Crappy Footage that cost me $42.95!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were very unprofessional in answering my Complaints, and offered to do NOTHING in return.

Let me be the only out of luck and Ripped off Person for Buying this tape!!!!!

Thanks!
Wolfgang-

Martial Joe
08-16-2001, 11:54 PM
Are you out to get the JKD federation?

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif

Wolfgang Kruger
08-17-2001, 12:18 AM
Just trying to save someone from making the same mistake I did....

Headbasher100
08-18-2001, 11:07 PM
You paid your money and you still cant do the punch. Whos to blame?? Maybe Bruce Lee? Elvis?
Just another whiner. Get a life and go work out until you get it.
PS Only real martial artist post on this board, get lost rookie.

Wolfgang Kruger
08-19-2001, 01:16 PM
Who you kidding? Coming in defence of your own Video new "Member" !! you are NOT fooling anyone!!!!!!
This proves what kind on Company you have, Moron!

wuhsin
08-21-2001, 08:17 AM
just a question, how long did you practice it for?
im sure if you keep trying you will suceed. in my experience of gungfu (mostly wing chun and mantis) the tests you take can sometimes be completed in the first few months (like the `raising the wall' or `tensioned sil lim tao') and others i still havnt got yet (after years of trying...) where you aim for a special responcse to it.
final comment; it will feel really good after doing the lifting the wall thing ^_^

David
08-22-2001, 12:09 PM
How long a tape can it be to do a single tech? I have tapes of one hour teaching a whole form (ie loads of techs for those who can't see that a form is made of techs) plus apps.

I got a lifestyle magazine a couple of weeks back which had a half page 'feature' on how to do BL's 1" punch with pics. It made me laugh at the end it said "Now go kill your mates".

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
-- Hong Kong Phooey

Wolfgang Kruger
08-22-2001, 01:13 PM
My point exactly!!!!
Almost all the training tapes I have run closer to 2 hrs... A few in the one hr range...

2o mins is a Rip!!!! Since maybe you feel 20 Mins is a good running time, I'd be more than glad to offer this Fantastic training tape to you for sale :-)

The running time is not the only Issue, You missed the "Crappy" footage part. Of course,anyone willing to not take my tape review can order all the tapes they want!

David
08-23-2001, 05:55 PM
A video for a single technique can't be any longer than 20 minutes without becoming very boring.

If you can't demo and explain it in that time then you can't demo and explain it at all.

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
-- Hong Kong Phooey

Wolfgang Kruger
08-23-2001, 08:07 PM
Actually,
The point you seem to miss, is unless you actually bought this tape yourself and speak from experiance, what you have to say has nothing to do with my comments on this tape!

Buy it watch it, then I'll be more than glad to hear what your comments are.

The tape also goes into "Internal training" which consists of Iron Palm training methods... If I were to properly Demonstrate even one Technique, I could take longer than 20 mins to explain it in true detail!

What I provided was a review of the tape, hoping to save someone else from WASTING there $$$$$ on this tape. As I said before, take it or leave it!
I have a extensive Video Library and this is the only time I have ever been compelled to voice my opinion on a Training tape!

Wongsifu
08-25-2001, 10:19 PM
some of you jkd guys make me sick.
one inch punch bull****.

I wongsifu shall strike fear into the hearts of trolls and mma guys who **** me off on these forums oh and in real life.

hunt1
08-26-2001, 07:14 AM
I doubt you will learn true short power punching,zero punch or inch punch from any video or book unless you already understand how the stike is to be done and are just looking for the 1 thing you missed.I have seen only 1 tape ever that showed the true technique and that was WSL science of infighting and he just did the strike no explanation.
I have never seen a JKD person do the strike correctly.Very few WC folks can do it.
To know if what you are seeing is the true technique is simple.The performer stands in a WC horse stance.No feet forward.No forward stance etc.The palm of the hand is placed flat on the striking object,generally 2 or more phone books,no wind up, no movement of any kind then strike is delivered.If it is done in a forward stance or with any space between the palm or fist and the striking surface or if the palm moves off the surface before the strike it is not a short power punch.

Vankuen
09-15-2001, 12:12 AM
What I gathered from this post, was that the guy bought a tape for roughly 43 dollars, and got 20 minutes worth of crap.

Now just because he bought it, doesnt mean he was trying to learn from the tape, for all we know he could care less, or he could already know the technique. Thats beyond the point. I wouldnt pay that much for 20 minutes of tape regardless of what was on it.

The amount of quality product should be reflected in its price. In this case, the product was severly over rated, and the price did not reflect its value. That was the bottom line. He was just looking out for other people who might have been thinking of buying the tape. Grow up people.

"From one thing know ten thousand" - Miyomato Musashi, Book of five rings

"Loy lau hoi sung, lut sau jik chung"

iwingchun
10-24-2009, 08:07 AM
hello guys,

i found a webpage which has gather a lot of one inch punch videos
here http://www.wing-chun.ws/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=173&Itemid=69

Just take a look:)

shaolinexecutioner
10-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Has anyone won in MMA with a 1 inch punch?