PDA

View Full Version : Anyone practise Chen?

Kris Wu Tang
09-14-2007, 05:23 AM
Hi I'm new here, I mainly practice Foshan Wing Chun but have started to get into Chen Tai Chi, does anyone else practice this method on here?

Lucas
09-14-2007, 05:39 PM
i actually just began my chen training a month ago. lots of fun so far dont you think?

brucereiter
09-14-2007, 11:30 PM
http://www.chenwired.com/forum/

Kris Wu Tang
09-17-2007, 01:29 PM
i actually just began my chen training a month ago. lots of fun so far dont you think?

I love it, espcially some of the punches and the fluidity of it all. I'm finding it really helps the other things I do in terms of focus.

What about you?

Lucas
09-20-2007, 11:33 AM
ya, i am really enjoying a lot of the exersizes we do to build power and fluidity in motion.

i have to say, so far this 'internal' training is much more difficult than most of the external training i have done in the past.

my teacher incorporates I-Chuan into our trainin, so i am not sure what elements of my training stem from that source of material and knowledge.

our class is 1.5 hours long, the first hours is used for conditioning and development of structure and power. fluidity exersizes and strength/endurance training. the last 30 minutes we focus on our form.

Prairie
09-29-2007, 06:54 PM
I practice chen as well. Have fun with it!