PDA

View Full Version : Hok Pai clip

HOKPAIWES
09-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Hi,

Here is a fresh clip of a fellow classmate running through a Pak Hok Pai form. I figured I would share with the group, this was shot at a semi local tourney this year. It doesn't come thru on the dig camcorder but his swift striking skills were echoing on the overhead pa system, the lead judge was wearing a mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzSp4PP_i90

TenTigers
09-15-2007, 07:36 PM
nice stuff-got any more?

HOKPAIWES
09-16-2007, 01:01 PM
LOL, my tape with fights is out on loan so all I have is vids of myself doing form practice.

jdhowland
09-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Nice power. Is this from Ronald Dong's lineage?

HOKPAIWES
09-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Nice power. Is this from Ronald Dong's lineage?

Yes, R. Dong and Dr. Long taught Dr. Smith who taught Terry W where Haggiebear/Mario and myself take lesson.

diego
09-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Hi,

Here is a fresh clip of a fellow classmate running through a Pak Hok Pai form. I figured I would share with the group, this was shot at a semi local tourney this year. It doesn't come thru on the dig camcorder but his swift striking skills were echoing on the overhead pa system, the lead judge was wearing a mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzSp4PP_i90

I like your focus, but wanted to comment the hips seem a bit not too loose...practise the crane punches as low as you can (like dip the back knee to the floor and raise the rear heel like the boxers do) and as high as you can...make sure both feet land at the same time like the boxers do...don't walk, shuffle and STOMP every time your feet touch the ground to get more Whip!!!....that's what I've been told. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your training.

HOKPAIWES
09-18-2007, 09:14 AM
I like your focus, but wanted to comment the hips seem a bit not too loose...practise the crane punches as low as you can (like dip the back knee to the floor and raise the rear heel like the boxers do) and as high as you can...make sure both feet land at the same time like the boxers do...don't walk, shuffle and STOMP every time your feet touch the ground to get more Whip!!!....that's what I've been told. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your training.

Hi,

That is not me in the blue jeans but a classmate. One thing about these certain white crane "gum gong" forms is that the stomping is on purpose.

diego
09-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Hi,

That is not me in the blue jeans but a classmate. One thing about these certain white crane "gum gong" forms is that the stomping is on purpose.
purpose is a good thing...dude would get more power if he stomped everytime.

Steeeve
09-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Diego clear your private message box ur are full ....

Steeve

diego
09-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Diego clear your private message box ur are full ....

Steeve

All clear:)