PDA

View Full Version : No new member verification

NJM
09-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Several new members cannot post because, even after days of waiting, there has been no admin confirmation.

If I recall correctly, somewhere in the internet challenge thread, it was said that the verifying admin was away.

Could anyone clear this up?

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-15-2007, 10:14 AM
That was in the Latin thread.

FungFu2u2
09-15-2007, 10:22 AM
It does take a few days to get your account veified

lkfmdc
09-15-2007, 01:50 PM
dear lord, there must be a pile of anxious trolls sitting on their thumbs while they wait approval :rolleyes:

golden arhat
09-15-2007, 04:40 PM
its weird cos it took me bout 5 minutes to set it up

i entered the details
got a link
clicked said link

and i was away

no verification spoken of

:confused:

Oso
09-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Gene was gone for a while but I thought he was back.

GeneChing
09-17-2007, 03:09 PM
I didn't do any approval Friday, which means they had to wait until this morning (Monday) to get approved if they applied after Thursday morning PST. True, that is 'after days of waiting' but really, it's only one missed working day and we only approve on working days. Ordinarily we approve every morning of every working day. Occasionally, we miss a day. The funny thing here is that we've been on schedule for several years now. About two weeks ago, both Design Sifu and I were traveling, so we didn't approve any members for an entire week. It's funny that you'd have an issue with this later, NJM. BTW, how do you know there are so many people waiting?

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Well, we know my daughter is awaiting approval, because we were taking about it on the Latin thread.

So as soon as you approve Homura Kitsune you guys can all be entertained by her picking on me for sport.

David Jamieson
09-17-2007, 04:00 PM
~g

the guy wants his troll accounts so he can talk trash at someone without ruining his other online persona.

people are weird that way, but mostly, it's about not having to take responsibility for what you say and do. This is why anonymity is important to people I guess. lol, that and fear of retribution i suppose.

:p

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-17-2007, 05:23 PM
I already have 3 accounts here, and I am perfectly capable of trolling under my own name.

What I WANT is to fix my main profile, and merge my post count for this one into my main one so I can get back to posting as Royal Dragon again.

David Jamieson
09-17-2007, 05:25 PM
why not just use the chinese version of the name.

merging your stuff ain't gonna happen, that's a big pain in the ass for someone to do that.

I mean, software has limitations. Most of the time it's the end user. :p