PDA

View Full Version : a serious Q

woodendumby
09-20-2007, 04:19 PM
To make a long question short....I have found myself in violent situations before , sometimes my awareness has tipped me off to the coming danger, only to start a huge rush of adrenaline. Not always a good thing for me.

This huge rush often leaves me half defeated prior to the first strike, shakiness and weakness sets in ... this could be deadly, for sure.

I suppose to a ring fighter, or someone who likes to fight this would not be a problem...because they fight all the time. can anyone give some guidance on this.... Perhaps this effects me more than others, but surely there are ppl here that have experienced similar things. I often think my body dumps too much adrenaline into my veins....but more likely I just need to learn to controll it.

any advice will be appreciated. thanks

bodhitree
09-20-2007, 04:29 PM
I think it's natural and happens to a certain extent to everyone, ring fighters just have more experience dealing with that kind of energy. A person who deals with this stress regular in training (sparring) will have a slight edge in the fact that they've felt similar, but I don't think there is any solution, it's ingrained in our genetics, fight or flight...

GiggityZZ
09-20-2007, 05:28 PM
wat bodhitree says is somewhat IMO true. its ones natural body reaction to shake, and be filled with rushing adrenaline when faced with a fight. i, myself, have this same problem as u.

one way u can attempt to deal with it is change ur minds perception of the fight. when ur shaking, filled with adrenaline, ur probably thinking "omg i hope i dont lose, i want to win"
well get rid of those thoughts, instead u should not be worried about losing OR winning.
just be aware that u are in a fighting environment and concentrate on the situation at hand.

that may sound weird but.. that how i deal with it :)

uki
09-24-2007, 12:24 PM
beer balls without the beer.