PDA

View Full Version : Running chainpunches.

Tvebak
10-04-2001, 11:08 PM
I was visiting a JKDclub and they used a lot of running chainpunches, and i just windered if there is any rules for how to do them in rythm with the steps you are making? One punch pr step two? three?

Cyborg
10-05-2001, 02:15 AM
Not from what I've seen. Make sure you look at the post "Wing Chun chain punching and JKD's straight blast".

My personal experience is that you don't want to do that. If you have to run it puts you in a bad position for developing power. Once you catch up you need to stop and put your hip into it.
But what do I know! :)

Any body wanna spar?

LEGEND
10-07-2001, 05:38 PM
I think the running chainpunches was developed by paul vunak. U don't really see BRUCE doing it...Paul Vunak wants to do the running chainpunches as a distraction to use elbows and knees...as I seen in BRUCE LEE training and understand DAN interpretration...Bruce would chain punch and trap then flow into a arm lock sweep.

A

Jeff Liboiron
10-26-2001, 06:36 AM
Did they actually run while chain punching? If they did they should keep the same foot forward while advancing, not running.

While advancing in Wing Chun, you want to keep the same foot forward, and when retreating as well.

The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you

LEGEND
10-29-2001, 06:00 PM
Jeff...they run dood! It's kinda wierd seeing it...but it's not design for what u might think...they use the chain punches to get in clinch range and use knees and eye gouges and elbows to finish the fight...

A

S.Teebas
10-29-2001, 06:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> While advancing in Wing Chun, you want to keep the same foot forward, and when retreating as well. [/quote]

This is not true, of all WC schools.

Jeff Liboiron
10-29-2001, 10:48 PM
what i mean is that WC does not advance like karate (ex: lunge punch). Well at least not from any WC footage i've seen. :D

Peace

rogue
10-30-2001, 04:33 AM
Uhhh, karate doesn't do that either.

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban

There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' Patton

Jeff Liboiron
11-01-2001, 12:10 AM
you mean there's no lunge punch in karate?

rogue
11-01-2001, 06:25 AM
Yes there is, but movement in karate should be based on tai sabaki, which should provide a means of avoiding an aggressive action in such a way that one is in a position of advantage which permits immediate redirection of the aggressive energy or, if necessary, effective counter-attack. This is a very different way of moving from the way a fighter may move in a contest.

We were taught RCP were to give you room. Never felt comfortable with them myself.

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban

There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' Patton

Jeff Liboiron
11-01-2001, 08:57 AM
I was only in karate for like a year and a half when i was a kid so i don't know what RCP stands for and i don't know what Tai Sabaki is either, so could you please explain? :) thanks :)