PDA

View Full Version : CLF History Documentary

extrajoseph
09-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Frank the CLF historian may be interested in this one made by CCTV, it put a historical background to the founding of CLF:

http://www.56.com/u84/v_MTg3NTQ1NDU.html

CLFNole
09-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Wish it was in Cantonese so my wife could translate.

extrajoseph
09-24-2007, 12:27 PM
She may be able to do it, cos these CLF guys all spoke Mandarin with a heavy dose of Cantonese accent, so their words have to be repeated in writing on the screen! :)

CLFNole
09-24-2007, 12:35 PM
I thought I recognized quite a bit of the terminology but wasn't sure since I thought they were speaking Mandarin, I was more interested in the history which if it is the narrator speaking is definately Mandarin.

Is this all filmed at the school in King Mui?

Also who is the Sifu that talks about the bow sequence (kin lai)?

CLFNole
09-24-2007, 12:45 PM
They also filmed in Futsan I believe that is Sifu Leung.

extrajoseph
09-24-2007, 01:12 PM
I thought I recognized quite a bit of the terminology but wasn't sure since I thought they were speaking Mandarin, I was more interested in the history which if it is the narrator speaking is definately Mandarin.

Is this all filmed at the school in King Mui?

Also who is the Sifu that talks about the bow sequence (kin lai)?

The Sifu's name is Pang Zheng-Ting, he is the head of the Guangzhou CLF Association.

extrajoseph
09-24-2007, 01:14 PM
They also filmed in Futsan I believe that is Sifu Leung.

Frank should be happy, they showed Futsan as well as Kingmui and Guangzhou.

CLFNole
09-24-2007, 01:17 PM
XJ:

Who did Sifu Pang learn from? I saw a lot of similarities in movement from my line so I was curious.

extrajoseph
09-24-2007, 01:40 PM
His sigong is Fong Yuk-Shu from your line. His Sifu Dong Deqiang was the head of Guangdong Wush and was the driving force behind making Nanquan Wushu mostly CLF.

CLFNole
09-24-2007, 01:41 PM
I am not directly from Fong Yuk Shu's lineage but since he would be Hung Sing (Chan Koon Pak's) I guess overall it is the same line. Some of his combo's were very similar to ours that is why I asked.

Once again thanks for the info.

hskwarrior
09-24-2007, 03:39 PM
joseph,

thank you.:) i thought it was pretty good. and yes, i am pleased, because i learned some of my gung fu in that building they were in.

again, thanks joseph. that was kind of you.

frank

hskwarrior
09-24-2007, 03:41 PM
but yeah, the bow part was interesting. i've known about it, and know that its connected to the Hung Mun, especially when you bow to the front and bow left, right and center....sorry i may be off on the sequence......anyways its connected to the hung mun, and the lau bun lineage always used that bow.

extrajoseph
09-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Frank,

We all use the same solute because we allL have the same root. Lets stay together and that was how we survived and grew in the past and how we will survive and grow in the future. CLF is more than just a style of fighting, it is a social and cultural phenonenon and you are part of it.

XJ