PDA

View Full Version : Almost got into a fight tonite

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Him armed with a big stick, me empty hand (well, I had pepper spray, but didn't think to use it).

S0, my Neighbors dogs chase this little kid. they were playing, but the Kid got spooked and ran. The girl who owns the dogs called them off, and they stopped on a dime and returned directly to her. AFTER the dogs were retreating to her, the kid falls and skins his knee.

The Father of the kid then yelled at her, and she apologized profusely about the incident, and tried to explain they were just playing.
Then he proceeds to ignor his kids, go to his car and get a big branch he had inside his car (What?) and started yelling at her. Didn't tend to the skinned knee from the fall, or anything.

At this point, I thought he was afraid of the dogs, Although I can't imagine why, they are silly playful dogs, and not all that big...I have seen his kid playing with them before too.

Next, he opens the trunk of his car..I figured he was done yelling, and returning to getting Groceries or whatever and it was all over...NOPE!!! out comes a much thicker, and BIGGER tree branch....a really good 4 foot club sized tree branch!

He then starts yelling at the girl again, who by this time had retreated with her dogs (Who were all scared and on the run at this point), behind the building.

Then he gets this enraged, almost murderous look on his face, like a Psyco about to beat someone to death, and takes off around the building going after the girl.

At this point, I knew he was out to seriously beat her with the tree branch. I was over my balcony (jumped it) , barefooted and booked around the building where he was. When I got there, he looked like he was about to take a swing, But I yelled "Don't you F'n try it *******!!", and he diffused his demeanor a bit, but continued yelling at her.

By now, 2 of the bikers that live in my building were also making thier way to the scene. I basically stood between them, so he had to go trough me to get to her. I kept telling hi to Back off, drop his weapon, or he would be in a world of hurt over and over again. When he wasn't listening, I took a few steps towards him, and told him I was NOT playing around. He finnaly got the message and backed down.

He went back to his car, still yelling, and broke the tree branch in half, and threw it over the fence into the trees. Then he gathered his kids and left as me and the two bikers stared him down.

Of course, about 20 minutes alter, the cops are there, at HIS request over the dog issue. He actually thought he was in the right, going after a girl behind the buildings where he thought no one would see what he was going to do to her!!

It's all diffused now, but by the time it was over, he almost went to jail himself.

Believe it or not, he was going on, and on to the neighbors, the bikers, and anyone who would listen as if he didn't do anything wrong, and was trying to convince everyone he was the good guy!!

Anyway, now that the adrenalin has calmed down, I figured I share.

It didn't occur to me till later that he may have had a gun in the trunk...Although I really didn't act while he was at his car. I thought at that pint the stick was out of his own fear of the dogs coming back, not to go hurt her.

This guy was twice her size too...what a F'n coward!!

GreenCloudCLF
09-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I would have beat her to death. Obviosuly she put my child's life at risk by employing a dangerous weapons (an unleashed dog). The only way to save my child would be to kill the attacker (the girl commanding the dog).

That's just my opinion...my kids come first.

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Dogs were just playing. This kid has played with them before, he just got spooked. They stopped instantly at her command and went to her side. The incident was done, and over with.

The kid actually fell when his father called him with a loud booming voice and he turned around really fast...after the fact.

The kid was never in any danger at all ever. The fact that they [dogs] responded instantly to her commands while a good 16-20 feet from the kid was proof of that.

The dogs NEVER left the grass. The kid ran into the parking lot. They stopped at the edge of the grass.

Also, she apologized profusely, and then took her dogs around the back of the building away from everyone. Then *AFTER* that he got more, and more enraged, dug out not one, but 2 weapons, yelled at her some more, and THEN charge off around the building and went after her.

The incident was remarkably over when he did it.

The kid didn't even start getting really scared, till his Dad started yelling.

Not to mention, he just left the kid sitting on the ground in the parking lot, and didn't even THINK to attend to him...or maybe move him out of the way of potential traffic...All he cared about was getting violent on a girl half his size.

His Kid was the last thing he was thinking of.

GreenCloudCLF
09-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Any unleashed dog, anywhere near where kids play is an accident waiting to happen. Even the best trained dogs only need 1 think to spook them and attack the nearest "threat" which may be my 8 year old, or my 6 year old, or my 3 day old (shameless I just had a kids plug).

This is why I call 911 whenever I see unleashed dogs...or beat there owners wih a 4 foot branch I keep in my car.

Yum Cha
09-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Yea, What he said.

WTF is it about dog owners? Or should I say "irresponsible" dog owners. Let their animals run loose, terrorise children and than say, "Oh, they just wanted to play..."

Oh no, not my little puppy, he would never bite anybody...

Oh, don't worry, he's just trying to get to know you....

He only nipped the kid, what's the problem....

Its the kid's fault, he shouldn't have gotten scared....

Maybe the twit will keep her dogs on a lead now.

And besides, what kind of dogs were they to book when their master was threatened. Any dog I ever had would have stood my ground.

Sorry, no sympathy, at all...for her. Seen too much of that sh1t from dog twits.

But you RD, you're a big strong he-man. Maybe you'll get laid. ;) :D

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Both dogs are not even fully grown, and the silliest, playfull dogs you can imagine. There was no biting, or niping, or even anything like a tackle or a jump. They really were just playing, and being silly.

The kid got spooked, and ran. they thought it was a game, and followed up to the edge of the grass, and STOPPED there to wait for the kid to come back (although that was about the exact time she called them to her too)

This situation hardly warrants grabbing a frik'n TREE branch out of your trunk and going to beat the girl.

The dogs didn't even harm the kid. His Father yelling is what made him turn so fast he fell.

NJM
09-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Yea, What he said.

WTF is it about dog owners? Or should I say "irresponsible" dog owners. Let their animals run loose, terrorise children and than say, "Oh, they just wanted to play..."

Oh no, not my little puppy, he would never bite anybody...

Oh, don't worry, he's just trying to get to know you....

He only nipped the kid, what's the problem....

Its the kid's fault, he shouldn't have gotten scared....

Maybe the twit will keep her dogs on a lead now.

And besides, what kind of dogs were they to book when their master was threatened. Any dog I ever had would have stood my ground.

Sorry, no sympathy, at all...for her. Seen too much of that sh1t from dog twits.

But you RD, you're a big strong he-man. Maybe you'll get laid. ;) :D

I'm not a fan of dogs, but the kid HAD been playing with them before. And the injury occured after the dogs had left him.

GreenCloudCLF
09-24-2007, 07:14 PM
My neighbor at my last apartment had 2 dogs, a pitbull and the Taco Bell little Sh!t. The pit would sit on the grass (leashless) and the little crap dog would run into our driveway and bite at my kids...the day I kicked the dog was the last day it was out in the front without a leash.

The moral is is doesn't matter how big the dog is...it is the agressiveness and the comparative size to the child...I'll be ****ed if my kids are going to so much as even cry for a "little harmless" dog "nipping" at them./...

Buy a FU#KING LEASH YOU LOSERS!!!!!

GreenCloudCLF
09-24-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm not a fan of dogs, but the kid HAD been playing with them before. And the injury occured after the dogs had left him.

So if the dog bit the kid, it is the kids fault for playing with a the dog?

NJM
09-24-2007, 07:20 PM
So if the dog bit the kid, it is the kids fault for playing with a the dog?

It would have been the dog's fault in that case, just not the one RD was talking about.

GreenCloudCLF
09-24-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm a big fan if "If we played the 'what-if' game nothing would get done", but the fact is, it only takes 1 dog bite to be portrayed as an attack, to bring a media frenzy over something so stupid, cause by a retard who shouldn't be allowed to own a dog in the first part...sh!t I think people who own dogs and keep them off their leashes in public places shouldn't even be allowed to breathe...

NJM
09-24-2007, 07:34 PM
I think people who own dogs and keep them off their leashes in public places shouldn't even be allowed to breathe...
That ****es me off on a daily basis, I know where you're coming from.

Yum Cha
09-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Sorry RD, your heroics seem to pale into insignificance on the topic of dumbhass dog owners. (all due props to responsible dog owners, the ones that keep their dogs on lead, pick up their droppings)

The drivel that comes out of some dog owners mouths about their "babies". They are pack animals, not 'family members" - puke)

Is there an emoticon for puke? ;- 0==(#)

Here in Oz, last year, I think I remember 4 cases of children having their faces ripped off by dogs, and than there was the old lady who got eaten by her 9 mutts (poetic justice!).

Universally, the owners said the same thing, poor Satan, he never did anything like that before, he was always such a nice doggie. And it wasn't just neighbourhood kids, at lease a couple of times, it was the family kid. One Malamute just mauled "the new baby" couple of months back, gave it the big shake and chuck. Didn't like the competition. Copped the dirt nap for that one, as most of them do - too late.

Jeong
09-24-2007, 08:37 PM
All fault aside, props for stepping in and diffusing the conflict. Way to do the right thing and not let things escalate to violence.

SAAMAG
09-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Actually, the dogs were on her property were they not? Additionally, they are trained to respond to their master--and quite well from the testimony of RD. These apparently weren't killer dogs and weren't in some wild frenzy. But what I fail to understand though, is why the kid started running away if he was just playing with the dog--did the Dad call him back and that's when he ran off--only to realize the dogs were following him to the grass?

And for those of you who don't know anything about dogs (which are the majority of the repling people in this thread)...Dogs WERE pack animals, and there is a scientificially proven difference between wolves, and the modern day domesticated dog. The modern day dog has been bred to depend on and serve humans; some scientists have said we actually bred "love" into them.

The fact remains that this guy was about to attack a girl with a weapon, noticeably after the "incident" occurred. RD was in the right by stepping up and making sure no harm came to her. The kid didn't even get hurt, until he fell of his own accord.

The dog haters--seriously need to gain some perspective on the situation.

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-24-2007, 09:39 PM
did the Dad call him back and that's when he ran off--only to realize the dogs were following him to the grass?

Reply]
I was still on my lawn chair at that time, but he was calling the kid just before it happened. He wanted him in the car to go I think. I think this is a Father picking his kid up for a dinner visitation. He does not live here, only the Kids do.

He actually got madder, when she told him the kid plays with her dog frequently.

woodendumby
09-24-2007, 09:42 PM
I would have beat her to death. Obviosuly she put my child's life at risk by employing a dangerous weapons (an unleashed dog). The only way to save my child would be to kill the attacker (the girl commanding the dog).

That's just my opinion...my kids come first.

Wow... beat her to death ? the dogs playfully run after the girl on the dog owners property, and the only way to save your child is to pass up the "vicious" dogs and kill the owner. makes sense to me. :confused:

Good job Alias....you showed good poise. The man in question deserved an a$$ beating for sure.

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Actually, it was in the common area at our apartment complex.

Also, the child was a boy. The dog owner was the girl.

Chosen-frozen
09-24-2007, 10:19 PM
I love kids. I love dogs. The saftey of a child always comes first over and above that of a dog......but all that being said, I`d much rather have to spend the afternoon with someone else`s dog than thier kids.

And those of who think of any dog off leash as a potential weapon, get a life. Unsupervised kids cause much more dangerous situations and damage than unsupervised dogs any day of the week. Back when I lived in the states I remember a big news story about some kids tresspassing at an apartment complex. They ignored the "No Tresspassing" signs,climbed the locked fence around the pool, removed the cover, dove in and drowned. The owner was being taken to court by the city. Not the absentee parents. Not the negligent babysitters who said "Sure, go break the law".

I keep my dogs on a leash or behind a fence not for your safety, but for thiers. I`ve put down dogs I loved because they were too territorial.And I`d be the first oneto dive in to save your child from a bite. But I`d also be the first to send your kid home with a sore behind if I catch him hitting my dog or throwing things at him. I train my dogs to be social, do the same with your kids.

Props to Alias for getting involved. You sound like a good neighbor.

Okay, I`m ready. Flame away

SAAMAG
09-24-2007, 10:26 PM
I think that if the dogs' were indeed "attacking" the boy, than of course the father had a right to be upset, but I don't think either he or the owner of the dogs "deserved an ass beating".

I think his real intention with the stick was to go after the dogs and that she probably got in the way and told them to go -- and this is where the guy probably threatened her with the stick to get out of his way. <In steps RD>

I also think that if the common area was in an apartment complex that the dogs should have been put on a leash. But keep in mind that a leash--doesn't protect a child that comes within it's length to play with a dog. No doubt that if the child had gotten bit by a loose dog that the owner would be (and should be) liable--if the dog was under leash however, and the child entered it's domain, than it would be his own fault.

The only thing that upsets me in this thread is the over-dramatic responses from some of the ignorant people. I love my dog more than I even like some humans, and if anyone felt they had a right to kick my dog--they should be prepared to have the same thing happen to them. I protect my dog just like he protects me. Dogs are actually more helpless than people, and lack the concious awareness and the ability to "think" like we do. Therefore it is OUR responsibility as owners and bypassers to act intelligently around them.

GreenCloudCLF
09-25-2007, 05:12 AM
I also think that if the common area was in an apartment complex that the dogs should have been put on a leash. But keep in mind that a leash--doesn't protect a child that comes within it's length to play with a dog. No doubt that if the child had gotten bit by a loose dog that the owner would be (and should be) liable--if the dog was under leash however, and the child entered it's domain, than it would be his own fault.

That's what I'm saying.

The only thing that upsets me in this thread is the over-dramatic responses from some of the ignorant people. I love my dog more than I even like some humans, and if anyone felt they had a right to kick my dog--they should be prepared to have the same thing happen to them. I protect my dog just like he protects me. Dogs are actually more helpless than people, and lack the concious awareness and the ability to "think" like we do. Therefore it is OUR responsibility as owners and bypassers to act intelligently around them.

Worrying about my kids being attacked by a dog off a leash is hardly "over-dramatic". Don't read me wrong, I love dogs, it is the irresponsible owners that should be put to sleep.

[QUOTE=Chosen-frozen;798998]
And those of who think of any dog off leash as a potential weapon, get a life. Unsupervised kids cause much more dangerous situations and damage than unsupervised dogs any day of the week. [QUOTE]

I agree...if you think my opinion of what we should do to irresponsible dog owners is harsh, you should hear my opinions on what we should do with parents...it generally involves a razor sharp katana and a rectum...

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-25-2007, 07:54 AM
I think his real intention with the stick was to go after the dogs and that she probably got in the way and told them to go -- and this is where the guy probably threatened her with the stick to get out of his way

Reply]
No, unfortunately this was not the case. The Dogs are young, not pups, but not full grown. They ran in fear of him. He was 100% going after her.

golden arhat
09-25-2007, 09:46 AM
i agree with RD

sure iits not good to let ur dog of the leash

but its not about that

the dogs didnt do anything they didnt injure the child the child INJURED HIMSELF BY FALLING OVER !

its got bollocks all to do with the dogs
its more to do with the fact that the guy just wanted to bully someone and feel like a man

if the dog had bit my child and injured him severly i would have beat her head in sure BUT ONLY AFTER I HAD ATTENDED TO MY CHILD

Becca
09-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Any unleashed dog, anywhere near where kids play is an accident waiting to happen. Even the best trained dogs only need 1 think to spook them and attack the nearest "threat" ...
Absolutely true. The fact is, dogs didn't attack. I bet they would have if he'd actually hit the woman with that tree branch, though. They were still not leashed by the sound of it. Any dog will defend thier owner. And taking a tree branch after someone for having thier dogs off a leash is overkill. Period. If it was really about the kid, the dad would have check on him first. Sounds more like a bully thought he found an "exceptable" excuse to be a bully....

Becca
09-25-2007, 09:58 AM
So if the dog bit the kid, it is the kids fault for playing with a the dog?No. It would have been the owner's fault for not keeping controll of her animals. Still not sure how that justified the dad's actions. A temper tantrum with a tree branch isn't any different that dogs being alowed to run loose. Except the dogs don't know any better and the dip sheit father did...

golden arhat
09-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Wow... beat her to death ? the dogs playfully run after the girl on the dog owners property, and the only way to save your child is to pass up the "vicious" dogs and kill the owner. makes sense to me. :confused:

Good job Alias....you showed good poise. The man in question deserved an a$$ beating for sure.

ah ah ah

go answer mr punch's questions on the other thread

Lucas
09-25-2007, 10:59 AM
the guy carries not one, but TWO branches in his car just to pull out to beat women with.....

thats all you need to know to know who is in the wrong here.

GreenCloudCLF
09-25-2007, 11:02 AM
the guy carries not one, but TWO branches in his car just to pull out to beat women with.....

thats all you need to know to know who is in the wrong here.

Now now, let's be fair, we don't know it was tobeat WOMEN with...that one girl, yes...but maybe it was for beating men also.

Lucas
09-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Now now, let's be fair, we don't know it was tobeat WOMEN with...that one girl, yes...but maybe it was for beating men also.

lol, touche'

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-25-2007, 03:26 PM

Reply]
Well, when *THIS* man ran up to him, he didn't seem to have what it takes to use a stick on a man....his demenur tamed down significantly when I got on the scene. If the stick was for beating men, I would have gotten a face full of tree branch....or at least an attempt at doing so. I charged on to the scene, fully ready to rock without even slowing down. He knew I was not playing around, and meant serious business if he did not comply with my commands.

When he was behind the building alone with the girl however, he was ten feet tall and bullet proof to her.

This guy is a *****, and can only be the big man when he is physically twice the size of the girl he's dominating at the time.

You put someone who is an actual threat to him, and he got all sweet and nice and friendly...you should have seen him with the cop!

GreenCloudCLF
09-25-2007, 03:49 PM

Reply]
Well, when *THIS* man ran up to him, he didn't seem to have what it takes to use a stick on a man....his demenur tamed down significantly when I got on the scene. If the stick was for beating men, I would have gotten a face full of tree branch....or at least an attempt at doing so. I charged on to the scene, fully ready to rock without even slowing down. He knew I was not playing around, and meant serious business if he did not comply with my commands.

When he was behind the building alone with the girl however, he was ten feet tall and bullet proof to her.

This guy is a *****, and can only be the big man when he is physically twice the size of the girl he's dominating at the time.

You put someone who is an actual threat to him, and he got all sweet and nice and friendly...you should have seen him with the cop!

He obviously didn't want to mess with you, because you hand the glow...Bruce Leroy...but if you showed up and weren't the master...he would have swung.

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-25-2007, 03:54 PM
I guess it was Obvious who the Alpha was. :D

diego
09-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I guess it was Obvious who the Alpha was. :D

Tell me you jumped into a cat stance and shouted "Step away from the dog"

CAT STANCE STEP FROM DOG.....

:D

yeah, some people are just aggressively crazy for no reason, good job being a citizen...many people wouldn't!.

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Yeah, that is just about what happened!!

SevenStar
09-27-2007, 03:03 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, but let's skip to the important question... did you get rewarded by the woman?

golden arhat
09-27-2007, 03:27 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, but let's skip to the important question... did you get rewarded by the woman?

u cut right to the core of things

Shaolin Wookie
09-29-2007, 06:26 AM
This reminds me of a situation I was involved in when I worked for a movie theater at Town Center Mall (during the summers) when I was a senior in college. There was a urinal overflow in the side hall restroom, so there was water all over the floor. And something else as well. When I walked in and noticed it, I set up two wet floor signs and an orange cone. One right after you opened the door, and another one right before the water started. Then I put a cone in the middle of the mess.

So then I walk back out, go fill up a mop bucket, and come back to do the dirty deed.

While I'm walking to go get the bucket, I see two kids dart out of one of the theaters and run towards the direction of the bathroom. I don't make the connection because I'm ****ed I'm about to be stepping in and mopping up ****, but I tell them not to run. Their dad follows behind, but he's walking.

So I finish making up the mop bucket in the back room, then come back into the bathroom. One of the signs is knocked over, and when I turn the corner, I see a kid sitting in the middle of the diluted ****water crying, holding a scraped knee, with an irate father standing over him. Only, he's not irate that his kid just sprinted into the bathroom, knocked over the first wet floor sign, ignored the second, sprinted past the orange cone, and then slipped into the ****water---he's ****ed at me!!!!

"What took you so long?!!" He starts yelling at me. "My son scraped his knee and fell into god knows what filth this is!!"

Me, I'm stoic, unsurprised, unsympathetic. I say: "I went to go get a mopbucket so I could clean it up. I can't be in two places at once."

He asks me what I was thinking leaving the mess there.

I say: "I put up three signs. Your kid is old enough to read them. Plus, he's the one I told to stop running in the hallway."

I admit, I know I'm feeding his anger, but I'm an in-your-face mf'er, when push comes to shove.

The dad says: "He wasn't running."

I said: "Then he had plenty of time to read the signs. And there's no reason teh first one would be knocked over."

The guy demands to see a manager.

The manager writes me up.

I still don't see his point. If your kid does something stupid, you should either laugh or chastise him.

For instance:

My brother, mother, and I are walking out of Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi, Michigan. They're replacing the panes of glass in the outside doors. My brother opens up the first door. Then tries to "butt-bump" the second set open. Only, there's no glass in the doors, and no signs to announce their absence. He goes flying through the door butt-first, hits the ground, scrapes his butt and bruises it, and scrapes his hands when he catches himself.

My mother and I fell down laughing, because it was the funniest thing we'd ever seen. He got up and gave me a beatdown on the spot, until my mother caught him up and spanked his bruised, scraped ass.

That's tough love. But that was a lesson learned.

Shaolin Wookie
09-29-2007, 06:33 AM
There's no reason to blame a dog for being a dog. If the kid is playing with the dogs, fine. He runs, he falls, that's his issue. He needs to learn how to run. The dogs weren't going Cujo on him.

My best friend's dog had to be put down after he broke his chain and bit a kid that was throwing rocks at him from next door. We found at least thirty rocks strewn around his stake.

That kid deserved it.

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-29-2007, 07:15 AM

Reply]
I got a thankyou from her, and her boyfriend the next day.

He seems a bit nervous around me now though. It must suck to have the guy in the next building save your Damsel in distress....

On another note, she seems much more talkative to me now. :)

She is very attractive, but also kind of young for me. With all the female drama I have blundered into since Theresa left, I am pretty reluctant to get involved with someone in the building, even if she offered.

Besides, compared to the last guy she had living with her, this one is really good for her, and it's best not to try and mess that up.

All the potential drama is just not worth a Thank You.

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-29-2007, 07:17 AM
My best friend's dog had to be put down after he broke his chain and bit a kid that was throwing rocks at him from next door. We found at least thirty rocks strewn around his stake.

That kid deserved it.

Reply]
I'd never allow that to happen myself. The Kid deserved it for throwing rocks at the Dog. He was just protecting himself from a bully. No way I would put him down under those conditions.

Becca
10-02-2007, 08:42 AM

That kid deserved it.

Reply]
I'd never allow that to happen myself. The Kid deserved it for throwing rocks at the Dog. He was just protecting himself from a bully. No way I would put him down under those conditions.

Agreed. My 11-year-old slammed the tail of our oldest dog in the door letting him out yesterday after noon. He came crying to me about being bit. So I tended the wound, kept fresh bandaids and ice on it till it quit bleeding... and told him I'd have bit him too if it had been part of my body being slammed in a door.:rolleyes:

IronFist
10-02-2007, 10:35 AM
i only read the first page.

RD you did the right thing. that guy sounds like a ****up who cant control his emotions and shouldnt be allowed in society, much less be allowed to have kids.

his kid's wellbeing should have been his number one priority... not going after the owner. wtf? sounds like a ****ty parent with aggression issues. i feel bad for the kid both because 1) his dad is an aggressive, emotonally-driven ******* and 2) because he's watching his dad set bad examples and no doubt learning from them.

sorry for any typos. i'm posting from a blackjack.

Yao Sing
10-02-2007, 11:03 AM
I haven't read the whole thread, but .....

i only read the first page.

Wow, you guys are risking getting slammed for posting without reading the whole thread.

I got reamed for it by multiple nutjobs, I mean peeps, for posting a comment without reading the entire thread beforehand.

Guess it's just me.

IronFist
10-02-2007, 12:03 PM
i've been a member since dec 1969 so i can get away with stuff like only reading the first page. :) of course i'll read the rest later.

Becca
10-02-2007, 01:43 PM
i've been a member since dec 1969 so i can get away with stuff like only reading the first page. :) of course i'll read the rest later.You also make good guesses about what has already been posted and don't make moronic comments that could have been avoided if you had read the whole thing.

TenTigers
10-02-2007, 02:43 PM

That kid deserved it."

I would've bought the guy a new Rottweiler puppy.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-02-2007, 03:22 PM
You could also throw rocks at the kid next door, and then when he attacks and bites you, you can demand he be put down.

Asia
10-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Him armed with a big stick, me empty hand (well, I had pepper spray, but didn't think to use it).
In the other thread you said you always carried a knife. Note what I said about carrying and employing being two different things. You just helped me proved that.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-02-2007, 04:11 PM
What ever dude....I had him empty hand if need be, and backed up by both pepper spray, and my knife if it needed to go that far (Which it don't think it would have)....Keys were in my hand, so the pepper spray was already deployed.

specialed
10-02-2007, 04:18 PM
What ever dude....I had him empty hand if need be, and backed up by both pepper spray, and my knife if it needed to go that far (Which it don't think it would have)....Keys were in my hand, so the pepper spray was already deployed.

RD, if you had fought the guy and it went to the ground, what would you have done?

Lucas
10-02-2007, 04:27 PM
bit his ear off !!!

ala tyson!

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Same thing I have allways done when a fight goes down, get back up as fast as I can, and pound him as hard as I can from as close to a standing position as I can.

I have enough crappy HS wrestling skills to pull that off and get back to my feet.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Actually, the fight very well may have gone down. The position I was in gave me an advantage to go into several takedowns from my system. One of which I had been recently working on with a freind of mine, who enlightened me to the fact that i had a wicked armbar right there, that I could do as a follow though, but still remain standing from the throw.

specialed
10-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Actually, the fight very well may have gone down. The position I was in gave me an advantage to go into several takedowns from my system. One of which I had been recently working on with a freind of mine, who enlightened me to the fact that i had a wicked armbar right there, that I could do as a follow though, but still remain standing from the throw.

interesting. since kung fu magazine forums are now sub forums of bullshido, would you consider attending a throwdown to test that? maybe south florida so you can fight the drama queen larper.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-02-2007, 04:50 PM
let me get better with the technique first. It still needs a bit more pressure testing to get it reliable.

Do you ever have throwdowns In Chicago?

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-02-2007, 04:58 PM
interesting. since kung fu magazine forums are now sub forums of bullshido

Reply]
I seriously hope that does not happen.

Asia
10-02-2007, 05:03 PM

You are contradicting yourself. First you said you had it (carried not in hand) but didnt' thing to use it. Now you saying its was deployed. Deployed mean's its ready for use not sitting in your pocket. By your words you were empty handed. Therefore I am still correct in saying you help me prove that carrying and employing are two different things especially when you admit you didn't think to use the item you said you had with you.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-02-2007, 05:11 PM
I had it in my hand, on my key chain. I wasn't thinking about using it though. I actually put in back in my pocket when I thought it was going to go down so my hand was not tied up.

My thoughts were towards an empty hand encounter where disarming him from his tree branch was the first priority after establishing good position (Which I made sure I had right away), not any sort of weapon I had for potential back up.

I would have remembered it was there if I found myself in trouble though.

Becca
10-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Dang, the trolls found this thread. Time to stop watching it; I have no interest in spending my luch reading through oodles of posts of morons who either have no reading comprehension or think it wasn't obvious they twisted someone else's post...:mad:

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Don't worry, if this one goes too far down hill, I will just delete it.

Asia
10-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I had it in my hand, on my key chain. I wasn't thinking about using it though. I actually put in back in my pocket when I thought it was going to go down so my hand was not tied up.

My thoughts were towards an empty hand encounter where disarming him from his tree branch was the first priority after establishing good position (Which I made sure I had right away), not any sort of weapon I had for potential back up.

I would have remembered it was there if I found myself in trouble though.

So you had it in hand and then put it away against someone who was still armed!?!?!:confused:

Anways here is what I mean bout carrying and employing being two different things:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0i7N6Y7OYwI
Note how it during the knife sequence it was hard for the defender to employ his firearm when he was continuously attacked by he knife wielder.

Asia
10-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Dang, the trolls found this thread. Time to stop watching it; I have no interest in spending my luch reading through oodles of posts of morons who either have no reading comprehension or think it wasn't obvious they twisted someone else's post...:mad:

You're a troll Becca?

Sad.:(

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-03-2007, 03:29 PM
So you had it in hand and then put it away against someone who was still armed!?!?!

Reply]
Yeah, It sounds dumb, I know. I was worried that by having it in my hand I would not be able to controll him due to that hand being tied up. I wanted to be free to grab and controll him.

Looking back I should have handed it off to the girl, or just sprayed him first and let the cops sort it out later.

Yao Sing
10-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Looking back I should have handed it off to the girl, or just sprayed him first and let the cops sort it out later.

Smartest thing you said yet, IMO.

AJM
10-04-2007, 09:39 AM
After the problem was already resolved and sister boy picked up a branch and challenged a female you should have treated him to a concussion. What a miserable pathetic sissy prat. why wasn't sister boy watching the kid in the first place?