PDA

View Full Version : the bruce lee/ ashida kim connection

mild7
10-10-2001, 05:37 PM
hi my friends, this is grandmaster mild7 here again. With the recent reemergence of that wonderful and deadly art of espionage, ninjutsu, I will share with you a story of mine.

back in the 80s, I took a break from the art of monkey magic midair fist(a variation) and went to train in the woods with my old friend Chris Hunter. Or as you now know him, the fearsome and incredible Ashida Kim. I asked him, "chris, why do you wear that mask, and not go by your real name?"
In between throwing his shuriken at specailly targeted trees, he answered, "do you know why Bruce died?"
I said, "yes, from a brain hemmorhage".
Chris laughed at this, and with a flick of his shiny ninja-to replied, "bruce's death lies in the hands of the Lin Kiu clan".(note; ashida kim later had behind the scenes involvement in the game Mortal Kombat, hence the character Subzero).

I was shocked at this revelation. Chris continued, "Every century, the Lin Kiu clan selects a few individuals who have mastered their art, and kills them. a form of darwinism", he explained. "the only solution is to change your name so you do not receive full credit for it".
And with that, the legendary ninja master took off his shirt, revealing his manly chest, and said the famous words....
"and this is why, I remain.... Ashida Kim".

With that, the elusive warrior jumped off to the netherwoods and disappeared into the shadows.

"may the chi forces be with you!"
- Grandmaster Mild7(founder of mild-style monkey triangle gung fu/chi-force improved Chi Kune Do)

Cyborg
10-11-2001, 04:37 AM
Major mistake, mild7, you gave away Ashida Kims real name and now the Lin Kiu clan will kill him! Chris Hunter is as good as dead. I'm going to the courthouse tomorrow to change my name.

Any body wanna spar?

Mokujin
10-13-2001, 02:52 AM
"THE BEST FORM OF DEFENSE IS ATTACK"

The best form of defense is attack and the most vital element of attack is surprise. Therefore the best way to protect yourself against any assailant is to attack him before he attacks you or better before the thought of doing so has even occurred to him. The ultimate is to render your assailant unconscious before he is even aware of your very existence.

Zen Chi Fa (http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/2477/index2.htm)

Note - this was shamelessly ripped from the Wing Chun forum. Enjoy!

Peace
:D

old jong
10-15-2001, 03:37 PM
We are ready for your teaching Master!
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/SimpHomer.gif

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

mild7
10-15-2001, 08:48 PM
greetings again my wonderstudents.

Oldjong, nice to see you, why did'nt you drop by my kwoon before I closed it down? And I still don't understand why you have the homer simpson icon there. But it is very apt, there is a little homer in all of us.

Mokujin, a wonderful insight there indeed! I will incorporate this form of killing in my CKD. TO kill one before he thinks of killing you. Incredible, it is things like these that is philosophy in it's truest! When the yin and yang combine there is no stopping the eternal force of the nethers.

Cyborg, to clarify, the Lin Kiu are a mysterious bunch of ninjas. They will do no harm to Chris so long as he refers to himself as Ashida Kim, and continues to wear that mask. As you can see, he is bound to the true ways of the ninja and so he is immune to them.
I myself once donned the mask of secrecy. But upon removing it(my monkey sifu told me I looked ridiculous and complained of the smell) I was forced to face up with my former Shidoshi who demanded my death. And so resulted in the Shinbu Koga ninja massacre of 84'. It was the first time I put my midair skills to practice and it worked. This convinced me of the effectiveness, these were REAL ninja, not the Scott Morris variety! The thing that always stands out in my mind was how afraid I was, I had to play the 1984 album through my walkman(oh yes, I had one at the time!) to put my mind at rest. The song 'Jump' was what I listened to as I leapt through the skies and broke the necks of my ex-ninja colleagues.

Ok, I have to run now. Nepal is not a safe place and if they find me with my laptop I may be forced into violence. My objective now however, is to tap into the mystics of the Tibetans.

Hope to see you all in America soon!

"may the chi forces be with you!"
- Grandmaster Mild7(founder of mild-style monkey triangle gung fu/chi-force improved Chi Kune Do)

Cyborg
10-17-2001, 04:38 PM
Don't bother looking for me when you get back, I'll be in Afghanistan. Found some part time "work" over there. I'll be practicing my chi extension. It'll go to 1,000 yards quite reliably. :cool:

"Box a fighter and fight a boxer". Bruce Lee