PDA

View Full Version : Hand taping resources?

MasterKiller
09-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Anyone know of a good primer on taping hands for MMA?

monji112000
09-26-2007, 01:13 PM
trapping hands or taping up/wrapping your hands for a fight...?

lkfmdc
09-26-2007, 01:42 PM
ringside sells a video/DVD on how to tape hte hands for like $10

bodhitree
09-26-2007, 03:01 PM
I think everlast tape (that I saw at the sports store that resembles scrotuum) had instructions with it?

Pork Chop
09-26-2007, 11:52 PM
I've got the ringside video.
if i ever make it up i'll give it to you

stricker
09-27-2007, 03:54 AM
one thing is theres different styles of hand wrapping even in boxing or thai boxing and its different for a fight and for training. eg fight wrapping would be with gauze and tape or thinner wraps than a training wrap. also for training theres a bunch of new products out like the adidas gel things, inner glove\speed wraps etc.

but you asked about hand wrapping for mma now there is a specific way of doing this as the hand has to be able to be used for gripping when wrestling etc so its different to a boxing or thai boxing method. dont know if its on video or the web anywhere though, and i dont actually know how to do it myself...

personally i wrap my hands (or not) differently depending on what i'm doing

MasterKiller
09-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I'm looking specifically for MMA, preferably using gauze and tape, and showing both with the thumb taped and w/o the thumb taped.

Pork Chop
09-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Used to sit backstage at a lot of mixed events: mma and muay thai.
I've seen mike easton fight mma few times out of the lloyd irvin camp.
i believe he had either a normal hand wrap, or a full gauze boxing wrap without the extra knuckle padding.
i have seen folks just use the non-mexican style hand wraps and do a knuckle wrap (nothing over the palm) to fight mma.
and i could've sworn at least one of the virginia shows said no tape on mma wraps.
lemme ask around and I'll get back to you

SevenStar
10-13-2007, 06:35 PM
but you asked about hand wrapping for mma now there is a specific way of doing this as the hand has to be able to be used for gripping when wrestling etc so its different to a boxing or thai boxing method.

the first boxing wrap I learned was open palm - you can grip and such with the hands wrapped that way. If I remember correctly, the ringside vid shows the open palm wrap.

Nonetheless, that is not mma specific...

stricker
10-15-2007, 09:30 AM
the first boxing wrap I learned was open palm - you can grip and such with the hands wrapped that way. If I remember correctly, the ringside vid shows the open palm wrap.

Nonetheless, that is not mma specific...yeah it might just be the exact same way... its definitely open palm though...