PDA

View Full Version : isometrics Vs weights

desciple
04-25-2001, 06:54 PM
Hey a question is troubling me for months!

We know Bruce lee was an Isometric freak . So his muscles were astonishing, powerful, conspicous etc!etc. but he also used weights and on the net as i read through many articles, i found out that he had a dumbell almost all the time with him at his house . And he also exercised with barbells . So how come all that pumping didn't make his muscles bulky? Does isometrics prevents your muscles from gaining bulk even if you use weights?

If any of you know what's going on please shed some light on the matter will you.

Thanks! :confused:

SevenStar
04-27-2001, 11:34 PM
Lifting weights does not guarantee that you will be big. Bruce Lee had an ectomorph body type - because of his genetics, he couldn't get too big anyway. As for lifting weights, he more than likely lifted light to moderate poundages for fairly high reps. Lifting in this manner builds muscular endurance, not size. In order to get bigger, you need to train with heavier poundages with fewer reps, less sets and more rest between sets.

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A fool speaks because he has to say something."