PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Kung Fu Magazine and it's Members

Anthony_ATT
10-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Thank to KFM, Gene, and Mods for your hospitality for hosting the fight thread, and not shutting it down.

I can't say I'll be here more often, but I can say that I come away impressed by some of your posters. No Royal Dragon, you are not in that list.

I hope one day to see under the Style Field for a UFC Fighter:

STYLE: KUNG FU

My best to you all. Even Royal Dragon.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks Anthony!!

I think the way this turned out was very good. You showed class and conducted yourself in an honorable way. You definetly gained my respect.

Indestructible
10-03-2007, 11:17 AM

Not the UFC of course, but not too bad either.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDVdH3e79CQ

xcakid
10-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Well Cung Le is a San Da champ. So I guess that is considered Kung Fu. :D

Good fight Anthony. Good sportsmanship. Good technique. I viewed the vid. Although I did not post much in that thread, I did follow it along as much as possible.

Shaolinlueb
10-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Well Cung Le is a San Da champ. So I guess that is considered Kung Fu. :D

Good fight Anthony. Good sportsmanship. Good technique. I viewed the vid. Although I did not post much in that thread, I did follow it along as much as possible.

oh please i dont think cung le studied a lick of kung fu. it was all tae kwan do and san shou, which technically is a part of kung fu.

xcakid
10-03-2007, 01:28 PM
-snip- san shou, which technically is a part of kung fu.

Well there you go :p

GeneChing
10-03-2007, 01:35 PM
If you *really* want to show you're gratitude, here's what the genuinely grateful do. (http://www.martialartsmart.net/19341.html)
:)

rogue
10-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm surprised you didn't have Abel wearing a Got Gi t-shirt with the Got Gi Girls carrying him into the ring while Iron Crotch did a pre-fight demo.:D

Good fight Anthony and Abel. It was interesting enough that I actually was hoping to see it go longer.:)

Asia
10-03-2007, 02:26 PM
If you *really* want to show you're gratitude, here's what the genuinely grateful do. (http://www.martialartsmart.net/19341.html)
:)

I actually got a bone to pick with Gene. Back when you used to have offers for free tapes in the magazine there was several times I didn't get my tape after paying the S/H for it.:mad:

Yeah its about 7 years late but still........

GeneChing
10-03-2007, 03:37 PM
I wasn't even here seven years ago (unless you count my freelance work, but then I worked for IKF and BB too). What tape was it, Asia? Did you ever get it?

We still offer free videotapes although not many are still watching them. Most have moved to DVD. We've been slowly discontinuing our VHS line and transferring it to DVD. I'm not sure what we're going to do with the free offer in the magazine yet. We've been discussing that very subject lately.

If the got qi girls are going to carry anyone anywhere, it's not going to be Abel.

Asia
10-03-2007, 04:02 PM
I wasn't even here seven years ago (unless you count my freelance work, but then I worked for IKF and BB too).
A likely story!!!!!:p:p:p:p

What tape was it, Asia? Did you ever get it?
I thin it was Chung I Chuan (or something like that) I never got it. I did get others but not that one and one about Ninja sword fighting by someone who has now been revealed as a fake ninja. :o

We still offer free videotapes although not many are still watching them. Most have moved to DVD. We've been slowly discontinuing our VHS line and transferring it to DVD. I'm not sure what we're going to do with the free offer in the magazine yet. We've been discussing that very subject lately.
To be honest one of the reasons I subscribed to the magazine was for the free video offer. So I wouldn't do away with that, but VHS is going the way of the dodo.

GeneChing
10-03-2007, 04:06 PM
If we still have those in stock here, I'll see what I can do. No promises, especially after seven years... :rolleyes:

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-03-2007, 04:23 PM
I thin it was Chung I Chuan (or something like that) I never got it. I did get others but not that one and one about Ninja sword fighting by someone who has now been revealed as a fake ninja.

Reply]
I have it. Maybe on my next copy fest I can burn you a copy. That is assuming Gene doesn't fix things first.

SanHeChuan
10-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Which of the 200+ pages has the fight link on it? :confused:

Yao Sing
10-03-2007, 04:45 PM
A level headed MA brother like yourself is welcome anytime. It's the fringe kooks, on both sides, that grate on the nerves and waste everyone's time.

I fully expect to see some stand-up improvement in your next fight. You have plenty of feedback to assist you complete with video and that's about the best you can get.

You seem to be the type to fully take advantage of all that. Good luck in your future fights (unless it's with me :D).

WinterPalm
10-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Where's Sifu Abel in all this?

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-03-2007, 04:56 PM
He is still in Florida. When he gets back, he's going to up load his angle of the fight, and remove the tombstone.

rogue
10-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Is he OK? :confused:

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-03-2007, 05:31 PM
His ear is sore, and he messed up his finger punching Anthony in the head. Which is a testament to how hard Anthony is. Other wise he is fine.

No worse for the wear really. I am sure he's no worse off than Anthony is.

SanHeChuan
10-03-2007, 05:34 PM
No really, where is the video?

rogue
10-03-2007, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtl1myuoDH0

SanHeChuan
10-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Sweet your the man.

So did he catch that knee in his ear?:eek:

rogue
10-03-2007, 05:47 PM
I think he hurt his ear before the knee.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-03-2007, 06:12 PM
His ear got dragged and folded on the mat right before the knee strike. Rudy said the way it hurt, he thought it had ripped, which is why he tapped.

San Soo Sifu
10-03-2007, 11:28 PM
It's the fringe kooks, on both sides, that grate on the nerves and waste everyone's time.

Word! (Truer words have never been spoken.)

diego
10-04-2007, 04:06 AM
Thank to KFM, Gene, and Mods for your hospitality for hosting the fight thread, and not shutting it down.

I can't say I'll be here more often, but I can say that I come away impressed by some of your posters. No Royal Dragon, you are not in that list.

at the 40 to 50 second mark what went down Anthony, like did he have you at all, or did you stop cuz the ref said break?...kinda grainy footage....good showing Abel, sorry to hear you gassed or your ear got caught:) dude has a lot of heft on you, like how you kept him off with the whole grab his arms and throw him into the wall and punch a lot technique.

Yao Sing
10-04-2007, 06:47 AM
Ear twist on the mat when he twisted out from under Anthony gave him a sharp pain and, thinking it was worse than it was (and in a bad position) he tapped. Seems he had a limit on what the fight was worth to him.

The knee came after the tap according to Anthony (with apologies). From my perspective I didn't see the tap but saw the knee and Anthony immediately letting him up. It looked a little funny at the time but now I know why. The knee might have caught the ear too which just made it worse. That's what Rudy was trying to avoid with the tap.

Both fighters have a lot to evaluate and learn from this encounter and I'm sure there will be changes in their training now.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-04-2007, 07:40 AM
Ear twist on the mat when he twisted out from under Anthony gave him a sharp pain and, thinking it was worse than it was (and in a bad position) he tapped. Seems he had a limit on what the fight was worth to him.

Reply]
This is what I have gotten form phone conversations with him as well.

The knee came after the tap according to Anthony (with apologies).

Reply]
Rudy says the same.

From my perspective I didn't see the tap but saw the knee and Anthony immediately letting him up. It looked a little funny at the time but now I know why. The knee might have caught the ear too which just made it worse. That's what Rudy was trying to avoid with the tap.

Reply]
Correct.

Both fighters have a lot to evaluate and learn from this encounter and I'm sure there will be changes in their training now.

Reply]
Anthony has already stated he going to do more work on his striking game. I don't know about Rudy. I think he's going to finnish his vacation and make whatever evaluations are needed when he gets home.

He has mentioned he is going to "Retire" from posting now that this is done though. I think that after all the years of arguing and what not, he finnaly proved his point. Time to move on.

Mr Punch
10-04-2007, 07:51 AM
He has mentioned he is going to "Retire" from posting now that this is done though. I think that after all the years of arguing and what not, he finnaly proved his point. Time to move on.

His decision, but that would be a shame. I have enough disagreements with him, but he's got style, and he sure as **** hasn't got anything to be ashamed of. All this bull**** about having ducked loads of fights is just that: internet bull**** - people get hot under the collar and accuse other people of all kinds of things. Means nothing. How many of those 'challenges' were 'real'?

Who cares anyway? He has more useful things to say than a lot of this board.

Mr Punch
10-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Gotta stop lurking then quoting this ******* I ignored!

:D

Badger
10-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Lots of "P!ss and Vinegar" in that fight!!! Rudy and Anthony are some tough bastiches!!

Mr Punch
10-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Lots of "P!ss and Vinegar" in that fight!!! Rudy and Anthony are some tough bastiches!!Two, to be exact. They don't learn past one in Texas math then? :p