PDA

View Full Version : Danny Bonaduce or how martial stupidity isn't limited to internet challenges

The Xia
10-05-2007, 06:09 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=b9wK2hFmxT4
Apparently, Bonaduce holds several blackbelts (not that I think what he did demonstrates any martial arts skills).

1bad65
10-05-2007, 07:24 PM
I think it's funny that Bonaduce found the ONE GUY who is more of an idiot than he is. And he knocked out some of his teeth too.

Bonaduce also named his son Count Dante Jean Michel Valentino Bonaduce. He apparently is quite into Martial Arts. :rolleyes:

jethro
10-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I heard Danny was going to be charged for this, but he didn't do anything wrong.

1bad65
10-05-2007, 07:31 PM
There was a police report made, but today they said no charges will be filed. If you see the video, it's obvious that Bonaduce did nothing wrong.

jethro
10-05-2007, 07:32 PM
THat guy with the curly hair is a weirdo. I saw him on one of those judge shows before. Someone brought him as a character witness!

The Xia
10-05-2007, 08:07 PM
I think it's funny that Bonaduce found the ONE GUY who is more of an idiot than he is. And he knocked out some of his teeth too.

Bonaduce also named his son Count Dante Jean Michel Valentino Bonaduce. He apparently is quite into Martial Arts. :rolleyes:
Now that you mention it, I see a resemblance between him an the old count. :eek: :D

The Xia
10-05-2007, 08:10 PM
If you see the video, it's obvious that Bonaduce did nothing wrong.
For starters, he was at a Reality TV awards show.
Then, he got up onto the stage to start some stupidity with Johnny Fairplay.
After that, he injured somebody for giving him a hug.

jethro
10-05-2007, 08:13 PM
That wasn't a hug Xia. Guys don't hug like that. Guys usually don't hug at all.

The Xia
10-05-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm not saying what Fairfly did was cool, but to react that way is just stupid in my view. After all, Fairfly wasn't trying to hurt him, and Bonaduce did start it.

jethro
10-05-2007, 08:22 PM
If a guy did that to me, I would throw him off of me as fast as I could. He started like humping him. It was sickening. And I don't think Danny started anything. There is nothing wrong with him pointing out the obvious to that weirdo.

The Willow Sword
10-05-2007, 08:26 PM
fairplay had it comin to him. the audience was booing him for some reason and it stopped fairplays little speech and then that is when bonaduce came out acting like a ***** saying " they are booing because they hate you", LOL!! and fairplay decided to throw himself at bonaduce thinking that he was going to play along with whatever weird skit fairplay had in his weirdo little mind, well bonaduce wasnt going for it and there you have it, hahahaha.

TWS

The Xia
10-05-2007, 08:29 PM
If a guy did that to me, I would throw him off of me as fast as I could. He started like humping him. It was sickening.
No more sickening then all the other crap that occurs in low-grade Hollywood entertainment, and that's exactly the arena Bonaduce was in. He could have just pushed him off frontways as opposed to hurting the guy.

And I don't think Danny started anything. There is nothing wrong with him pointing out the obvious to that weirdo.
Walking onto a stage in the middle of a show to further humiliate someone is "starting ****" in my book. In my view, Bonaduce was lucky he did that to a wierdo like Fairfly, as opposed to someone who'd sucker punch him.

The Xia
10-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't support what Fairplay did. Both behaved like asses IMO.

jethro
10-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Yeah but you don't start humping a guy. Since Bonaduce came up on stage and pointed out the obvious to Fairplay, Fairplay could have made a joke abotu Bonaduce, but he isn't smart enough to think of somehting like that. He deserves what he got. And Fairplay was up so high on Bonaduce that it was easier for Bonaduce to throw him over his head. Like I said, I would get him off of me ASAP. I honestly don't see a single thing wrong with what he did.

TenTigers
10-05-2007, 11:06 PM
yeah, they said it was a faceplant, but he simply hefted him off and he happened to land face first. It obviously wasn't Bonaduce's intent for that to happen so successfully. But it was a great throw.

1bad65
10-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Bonaduce said stuff first, that's correct. The law says 'mere words cannot start a fight'. Of course the few exceptions are threats, racial slurs, etc. But if you jump on a guy, you just initiated it. To be honest, if Bonaduce pressed charges on Fairplay he would have a good case.

The Xia
10-05-2007, 11:42 PM
All Fairplay did was jump on him in a pseudo-hump hug. That's hardly threatening IMO. After all, Bonaduce still started the BS, and Fairplay reacted to it stupidly, but why make it end in someone getting hurt and you looking like even more of an ass? I'm inclined to agree with TenTigers that he heaved him Fairplay over his head but it ended up into a face plant. But, when you heave someone over your head, even if it's not a faceplant that's a long way down.

The Xia
10-05-2007, 11:47 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hbPtFzKLAkI
He made a pre-show statement that foreshadowed the coming assclownery.

Shaolin Wookie
10-06-2007, 02:39 AM
Yeah but you don't start humping a guy. Since Bonaduce came up on stage and pointed out the obvious to Fairplay, Fairplay could have made a joke abotu Bonaduce, but he isn't smart enough to think of somehting like that. He deserves what he got. And Fairplay was up so high on Bonaduce that it was easier for Bonaduce to throw him over his head. Like I said, I would get him off of me ASAP. I honestly don't see a single thing wrong with what he did.

I disagree. Fairplay intended to shout: "Fu#k you!" in retaliation to Bonaduce's negative remarks, but decided that this was one of those defining moments, one of thos one-in-a-million-years kind of situations, in which you had to actually demonstrate the phrase.

jethro
10-06-2007, 02:49 AM
HA!!! Yeah, I am sure Fairplay actaully thought this through. You are giving him way too much credit. Bonaduce should have thrown him to the ground and kicked him in the face or something, but he didn't. Good for Bonaduce. Fairplay got exactly what he deserved.

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 03:52 AM
Bonaduce comes off looking like a jerk to me because he escalated what an idiot was doing for attention into an avoidable injury to a guy who obviously meant no harm.

jethro
10-06-2007, 04:04 AM
well I suppose maybe in the gay community Fairplay did something that meant no harm, but I found it very offensive. If someone rubbed their junk on me I wouldn't stop punchign that person until people dragged me off. I guess we just see this differently. I thought Bonaduce handled it very well. Fairplay had his hands around him. It was very sick to look at. If Bonaduce tried to push him forward Fairplay would have just held on and probably tried to kiss him or something. Bonaduce did the right thing by throwing him over his shoulders.

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 04:28 AM
I'm coming at it from the perspective that they knew each other and were already joking around. It wasn't the case of a stranger jumping on some guy randomly. Also, it was on the stage of some kind of entertainment venue, Bonaduce and Fairplay are entertainers, and goofy behavior is not so unusual in this situation as it might be off the stage.

In other words, I look at it like two people who knew each other were goofing around and one of them really overreacted. I don't look at it like any kind of assault, although it was obvious Bonaduce did not *invite* Fairplay to do something so silly, I think it was the extended time Fairplay stayed attached to him that riled him.

And it's stupid to hurt harmless goofballs. :) I mean, look at Jacka$$. :eek:

Shaolin Wookie
10-06-2007, 05:20 AM
I mean, look at Jacka$$. :eek:

But I mean, come on, there's undercurrents of rampant ****sexuality all over Jacka$$. Are you telling me if that stripper dude pulled off his pants, turned on his radio, and started bumping and grinding all up on you that you wouldn't sock him in the gut?

TenTigers
10-06-2007, 05:58 AM
They're both di(ks. It's like watching two crackheads fight. Bonaduce is a has-been, who has been given so many second chances and blown them, that anything he does to get in the limelight, or People magazine is all he can hope for at this point. He should hook up with Britney Spears. Charles Darwin would roll over in his grave if they had kids.

Shaolin Wookie
10-06-2007, 06:11 AM
Either that, or he'd be overjoyed at finding they'd bred a new species, and have a field day classifying them as a species of lower ape.

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 08:13 AM
But I mean, come on, there's undercurrents of rampant ****sexuality all over Jacka$$. Are you telling me if that stripper dude pulled off his pants, turned on his radio, and started bumping and grinding all up on you that you wouldn't sock him in the gut?
I'm not going around looking for reasons to punch anyone out, justified or not. It's pretty easy to find reasons to sock someone if you want to, but it doesn't get you anywhere. Once in a while, you have to put up with an idiot or two. It's not that big a deal. When I was younger, people tolerated my nonsense without socking me. Usually. :D

Shaolin Wookie
10-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Yeah, but then you're the guy that lets jacka$$es dry hump his leg. Before you know it, you're the guy dry humping other people's legs.

It's a vicious cycle. I've seen it a thousand times. It's a story as old as the Bible.

Don't let it happen to you.

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 09:05 AM
OMG, you're right! Fairplay was trying to "turn out" Danny Bonaduce into being a leg dry humper and if he didn't fight off the first attempt, everyone else would always label him that way for the rest of his time in the joint. Pretty soon, all kinda fools 'd be selling dry humps on Danny Bonaduce's leg for a pack o' smokes. Makes perfect sense now. :p

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Looks like all he did was throw the guy off of him. It's Fairplay's fault for not knowing how to fall right.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Basically Bonaducci was sexually attacked on Live TV. He responded with the minimal force necessary to stop the assault.

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Interesting perspective, RD. Bonaduce has loads of MA experience, and Fairplay may not have any. I think I would expect the average person to get injured falling in that scenario if they didn't have training or experience. I blame Bonaduce for acting that way and probably knowing an injury was likely. More knowledge equals more responsibility.

Shaolin Wookie
10-06-2007, 09:19 AM
I figure Bonaducci should have just stabbed Fairplay in the throat with a shiv. If Fairplay doesn't know how to properly take a stabbing and apply a tourniquet, it's really just his fault.

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Likewise Fairplay's inability to spontaneously suspend the effects of gravity are a reflection on his overall shortcomings as an MC. Every MC should be able to fall uninjured from 2 meters while holding a microphone; apply a tourniquet to his own throat; counteract gravity for 5, no make it 10, seconds; and run a mile in under four minutes. Minimum. :D

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Basically Bonaducci was sexually attacked on Live TV. He responded with the minimal force necessary to stop the assault.
Sexual assault or a very bad joke done to amuse the audience?

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Sexual assault or a very bad joke done to amuse the audience?

Reply]
Both.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Look at it this way, if Fairplay had done that to a female on stage becasue she came out and told him the same thing Danny did, what would everyone be saying about him?

If she threw him down in self defense, how would everyone react to that?

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 09:41 AM
I know what you're saying. I think escalation is always a mistake and if Bonaduce takes flack over this, I think it will prove my point. Maybe any publicity is good for Bonaduce, but I respect someone more if they properly identify a real threat and act with truly minimum force. Tossing someone over your shoulder is not minimum force just because you didn't strike or kick.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-06-2007, 09:46 AM
You know, if some guy Jumped up on my like that, I wold assume they had the physical skills for that kind of play and done the same thing.

If he didn't, he should not have been jumping on someone as if he was a pro Wrestler.

Fairplay brought it on himself.

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Look at it this way, if Fairplay had done that to a female on stage becasue she came out and told him the same thing Danny did, what would everyone be saying about him?

FYI, we're cross-posting a bit. No worries.

Hypothetically, it would depend. Does anyone think Bonaduce really felt threatened by Fairplay? If a woman felt threatened and reacted as such, it would be more justifiable assuming she was overwhelmed by the size and weight difference. Bonaduce was obviously strong enough to deal with things. I think Bonaduce has the right to stop him using minimal force, but tossing him over the shoulder was negligent because he could expect an injury to occur. Bonaduce had other options.

If you want to get into 'what if', then what if Fairplay had broken his neck?

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 09:50 AM
You know, if some guy Jumped up on my like that, I wold assume they had the physical skills for that kind of play and done the same thing.

If he didn't, he should not have been jumping on someone as if he was a pro Wrestler.

Fairplay brought it on himself.

Would you feel bad if you hurt someone who had no intention of hurting you, but was just being an idiot? I would.

Yeah, I agree Fairplay brought this on himself, but I don't think he deserved to get his teeth knocked out.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Sexuall assualt is not about a threat of harm, but of sexual invasion.

As for the neck breaking comment, well you do have a point there.

But again, if Fairplay is going to be jumping on people like a pro wreslter, has has no rights to complain if he gets tossed like one.

When you attack someone like that, especially sexually as is the case here, you are taking your own safely into your own hands.

All Danny did was toss him off. He didn't pile drive him head first into the hard floor.

Shaolin Wookie
10-06-2007, 09:55 AM

Yeah, but what if she liked it? What if she got really into it and started moaning and stuff, then Fairplay's wife bumrushed the stage and flipped him on his face, how would everyone react to that?

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-06-2007, 10:04 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-q5raELYD9c&mode=related&search=

looks like fairplay had his hands on Boniducci's throat. 1:56

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 10:06 AM
RD, you make good points, too. Jumping on someone could suggest that throwing them off is not a big deal to them. To me, it's just so obvious that it wasn't a sexual or physical assault, and although I can't read anyone's mind, I think Bonaduce knew that. He let Fairplay hang around his neck a few seconds waiting for him to drop off of his own, and I think Bonaduce should have done something else when he got tired of him hanging there and humping on him.

If Bonaduce wants to argue it was a sexual assault and use that as a defense to criminal charges, he's got a good position, but I still think most people (who unlike MA'ists, don't deal in violence all day long) will believe he over-reacted. Just to mix it up a bit more, I think Bonaduce would lose a law suit on this one, especially if there's any prior acquaintance between him and Fairplay to suggest it would be unreasonable to interpret it as a sexual assault.

If something like this happened in a martial arts class, or in a bar, or in any environment where there's a lack of safety, I would be saying something different. The stage of some comedy show, or whatever that was, to me that's an important part of what was happening. Two people who know each other on the stage of a comedy show is very different than two strangers on the street.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I agree Fairplay brought this on himself, but I don't think he deserved to get his teeth knocked out.

Reply]
When one acts in a reckless, and irresponsible manor, injuries occur.

Also, what of Danny had a bad back? Having torn disks my self, I can tell you 100% that if some one had jumped on me like that before I fully healed (a process that took years), I would have been bed ridden for days, if not weeks, and certainly hospitalized. Worse yet, If Danny did have a back problem, this knob could very well have made something that *Was* fixable into an perminant life long injury by doing that.

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 10:17 AM
That's a good point, but the way I watch the tape, it doesn't apply. It looks like Bonaduce is totally capable of supporting the weight. But he may just be putting up a good front or riding some great pain pills. It would be a strong mitigating factor to me, but may I suggest that you don't exaggerate it into a "lifelong injury". I know about back problems and once they get that bad, you can't blame life's little mishaps for making them worse because if it's that bad, you can stay home in bed in "safety" (which actually makes you weaker), or risk real life.

1bad65
10-06-2007, 10:24 AM
I don't agree with RD much, but he is right. Jumping on someone and rubbing your junk in his face could easily fall under a sexual assault. Had I been Bonaduce, they would still be trying to drag me off that Fairplay moron.

As for it being planned, Fairplay had a police report filed. Filing a police report over a staged incident is a great way to get charged with a crime yourself.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Keeping in mind that we are in the "What if" context.

Bonnniducci was acousted by and uninvited attack. It was not by any means one of life's little mishaps. It was an intentional physical attack...and arguably sexual as well.

Although with the interview where Bonniducci claims he was actually worried about the guys hands on his throat, we may be mistaking the shaking motion for a sexual act, when he was in fact trying to strangle him.

1:54 http://youtube.com/watch?v=-q5raELYD9c&mode=related&search=

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 10:31 AM
I didn't mean it was staged, as in planned, just that it happened on a literal stage, and not in a bar, MA class, or dark alley. Filing the police report was probably just a part of his civil lawsuit checklist. This is what I mean about not escalating things. If possible, it's better to avoid trouble. If you really think you're in danger or being sexually assaulted, that's one thing, but if Bonaduce had got him off with no injury, everyone would talk about what an idiot Fairplay is and nothing bad about Bonaduce.

RD'S Alias - 1A
10-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Well gents, this has been a fun conversation, BUT it is just too nice out to sit in here and play on the internet.

I'm going Hik'n !! See Yah!! :p

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Keeping in mind that we are in the "What if" context.
It was not by any means one of life's little mishaps.

I don't think it's that unusual to have someone jump on you when you're goofing around with friends. I had a girl half my size carry me downhill a few days ago. Uninvited is another story, but I've seen plenty of drunks do stuff like that at parties and clubs. That's why I put it into the "life's little mishaps" category.

Michael Udel
10-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Don't think the strangling thing holds water 'cause the guy is still holding the microphone.

jethro
10-06-2007, 01:15 PM

I gotta be honest. If that guy from jackas did that to me all I would be able to do is laugh. Fairplay on the other hand is not funny whatsoever.

Now if the guy from jackas jumped on me and put his arms around me and humped me, then I would have a problem.

mattb
10-07-2007, 12:11 AM
That guy should have tucked and rolled. His own fault. :cool:

TenTigers
10-07-2007, 03:30 PM
"Yeah, I agree Fairplay brought this on himself, but I don't think he deserved to get his teeth knocked out."
He didn't "get his teeth knocked out," he fell on his face.
He was being a total jerk, and he bought it, and now he's crying a s s a u l t.

Knifefighter
10-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Bonaduche was within his legal rights to do what he did. Somebody jumped on him and he pushed him off the only direction he could have- over his head.

If he would have followed him and punched or kicked him once he was on the floor, THEN it would be considered assault.

If anyone would be able to file charges or a civil suit, it would be Bonaduce, as the other person was the one who was putting him in a compromising physical position.

GeneChing
10-11-2007, 10:23 AM
That's so messed up. How old is the kid? But I guess if I was the punk kid on the Partridge Family, I'd be messed up too.

I just had this Count Dante article cross my desk and thought I'd share it here:

Self Defense
The Martial Arts Industry (http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/182)
By Chris "Lt. X" Pizzo Thursday, October 11, 2007

The martial arts industry is highly competitive, and to stay ahead you need an image that you can market to the public. Misrepresentations and outrageous claims have done a lot of damage to the martial arts industry, though, and Count Dante is a primary example.

In 1964, there were only 13 martial arts schools in Chicago, and two of them were owned by local boy John Keehan. Keehan trained as a boxer; after graduating from high school he joined the Marine Corps Reserves and later the Army, where he learned hand-to-hand combat and jujitsu techniques. After completing his service he trained with Robert Trias, who had opened the first karate school in the United States. After earning his black belt Keehan began marketing martial arts to everyone, not just soldiers and police officers.

In order to attract students Keehan put on tournaments, and trained anyone who wanted to learn practical martial arts meant for street fights. His students became members of his Black Dragon Fighting Society, and trained in either karate or judo. In 1967, Keehan changed his name to Count Juan Raphael Dante and began promoting himself in comic book ads, declaring himself the “Deadliest Man Alive.” Keehan told friends that his parents fled Spain during the Spanish Civil War and changed the family name; in reality, though, his family was Irish. Keehan had always been a dedicated martial artist, but he soon began to believe he was the comic book hero.

Controversy would follow Keehan for the remainder of his martial arts career as he made more outrageous claims. He said he had become a martial arts master by killing other masters in “death matches,” and reportedly challenged Muhammad Ali to a bout, a challenge the boxer’s camp ignored. He had kept a lion as a pet, and claimed to be a hairdresser for Playboy magazine. Some sources even say he trained gang members, and had ties to organized crime. During Chicago’s “dojo wars,” Keehan was charged with attempted arson when he tried to blow up a competitor’s dojo. Later he and some of his students attacked Black Cobra Hall dojo, and during the bloody fight Keehan’s best friend would be killed. By the time of his in death in 1975 from a bleeding ulcer, the infamous Count Dante was a burned-out and broken man.

Keehan’s story is a tragic one not just because he died so young, but because he had the potential to be a good martial artist. The problem was he began believing his own hype, and what started out as an over the top marketing campaign turned into a destructive lifestyle. He was among the first to teach combat martial arts and practical self defense techniques in the United States outside of the armed forces, but he made things overly complicated. He claimed he created many moves when he only renamed traditional moves. A martial arts instructor doesn’t have to be serene and calm all the time, and there is nothing wrong with making money, but an instructor should never sacrifice integrity or misrepresent martial arts. In the end, Count Dante damaged the reputation of lethal martial arts training and turned the title of martial arts instructor into a joke, simply because he wanted to feed his ego.

Shaolinlueb
10-11-2007, 12:14 PM
i have a new fond respect for bonaduce

chud
10-11-2007, 09:49 PM
I remember barely being able to watch his reality show Breaking Bonaduce (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_Bonaduce). At the time of that show he was a raging alcoholic and was losing his second wife; I hope that things have gotten better for him. I wouldn't wish the stuff I saw in that show on my worst enemy.

BM2
10-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Does anyone else recall when Danny picked up a hooker and it turned out to be a man? He beat the guy half to death. Someone called the cops at the apartment bulinding and the police found him hiding, butt naked, in the closet:D
Man, I think it happend back in the '80s, maybe early 90s.