nor would it work

they embarrassed themselves
on TV no less

this gives all MA a bad name

:o i feel sorry for them

xcakid
10-08-2007, 02:43 PM

I would not really classify contemporary wushu as a martial arts. Its more acrobatics. ;) Which in this case was appropriate since they are doing a demo.

SanHeChuan
10-08-2007, 02:48 PM
I hear Ohio state has a good shuai jiao team. I also hear that UT might start one "soon" and start a rivalry or something.

Arsehat

You are :rolleyes:

Laukarbo
10-08-2007, 07:08 PM
that display was so terrible i almost topped myself

it didnt look good

nor would it work

they embarrassed themselves
on TV no less

:o i feel sorry for them

first of all Im not a friend of modern wushu

BUT

u are starting to be one annoying twat man..
we all know u do mma and it works for u and sorry that u had a
teacher before that taught u crap...it happens and not only to u..
get it over with...if u had chosen Jim Uglow for Hung Gar u probably still be there bpractising hung kuen..but hes in london so too far from ur place but I hope u catch my drift..now pull ya head out ur arse and u see the light again:D

B-Rad
10-08-2007, 08:37 PM
I used to train with that club. It's an amateur club with no professional coach, and most are there for fun and had relatively little experience. I recognized only two people from that group, and I think my old classmate is teaching them. Most of these kind of college groups are going to have a pretty high turnover rate with kids graduating, dropping out, being more interested in studies (or partying), etc. They actually looked like pretty good, and showed a pretty good amount of skill (in relation to their overall experience level) compared to other professional schools, imo.

Shaolinlueb
10-08-2007, 10:13 PM
after teaching a college club for 2 years. i would agree. turn over is high. i had about 4 loyal people who showed up. and if its just for fun you can kinda tell. but hey if they enjoy it more power to them. i only watched 10 seconds of it.

golden arhat
10-09-2007, 04:32 PM
first of all Im not a friend of modern wushu

BUT

u are starting to be one annoying twat man..
we all know u do mma and it works for u and sorry that u had a
teacher before that taught u crap...it happens and not only to u..
get it over with...if u had chosen Jim Uglow for Hung Gar u probably still be there bpractising hung kuen..but hes in london so too far from ur place but I hope u catch my drift..now pull ya head out ur arse and u see the light again:D

i'm sorry mate did we just watch the same viedeo ?

this has nothing to do with my experience

i simply think in relation to other contemporary wshu that i have seen it looked terrible
not in time etc

personally at half time i'd prefer to hear gary linneker talk then have a bunch o ppl dance around to fort minor

if you find me annoying then dont read my posts
in fact stick me on your ignore list see if i care

it didnt look good IMO and if it didnt look good which wushu is designed to and it doesnt work then whats the point :S

Laukarbo
10-09-2007, 05:31 PM
i'm sorry mate did we just watch the same viedeo ?

this has nothing to do with my experience

i simply think in relation to other contemporary wshu that i have seen it looked terrible
not in time etc

personally at half time i'd prefer to hear gary linneker talk then have a bunch o ppl dance around to fort minor

if you find me annoying then dont read my posts
in fact stick me on your ignore list see if i care

it didnt look good IMO and if it didnt look good which wushu is designed to and it doesnt work then whats the point :S

well,no i didnt even watch the clip...

read ur last 100 posts and count how many times u said u do mma or suggest ppl to do mma cos only that works...

i couldnt care less about modern wushu

but we all know its not for fighting..

i wont put anyone on my ignorelist ..*(like forums are important)
besides from that I dont hold any grudges agains u even u are a c o c k n e y in mancland :D

doug maverick
10-09-2007, 05:37 PM
"you can argue all you want, but if I knock you on your ass you have no point." sifu mark ho

golden arhat
10-10-2007, 12:31 AM
well,no i didnt even watch the clip...

read ur last 100 posts and count how many times u said u do mma or suggest ppl to do mma cos only that works...

i couldnt care less about modern wushu

but we all know its not for fighting..

i wont put anyone on my ignorelist ..*(like forums are important)
besides from that I dont hold any grudges agains u even u are a c o c k n e y in mancland :D

i dont say only mma works

i just think mma works better :D

and yeah i'm from islington originally

****ney indeeed haha

SPJ
10-10-2007, 07:52 AM
It is nice to see some wushu demo in between the games.

This would highten the attention of the public. however usually the demo is cut off for commercial on TV.

well at least to the audience, there is some "effect".

--

In the late 90', my friends were telling me if I put/package some CMA stuff into karate or MMA formats. I may have more audience or readers. And then may be convert the crowd to be interested in CMA in general.

--

I was called a sellout, traitor, etc etc

--

to each his or her own.

--

I stay away. we are just different crowds.

--

this is a piece of music from Han dynasty. not many people care. but some or a few still do. and carry on the old stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-yOBjJFZNk

Gu Zhen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkwjqWuHzRE

a trade school band from Yi Lan Taiwan.

:D:)

Wong Ying Home
10-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I highly reccomend Jim Uglow, in England he is probbaly the best you can get for Hung Gar, very deep knowledge, very high skill level, and can use everything in a TCMA way for fighting etc, train with him anyday over MMA.

One of the efw SiFu's who can apply old sytyle skills to a modern environment

Top Notch,

anybody walking away from his school is a complete mullet :D

golden arhat
10-10-2007, 01:22 PM
I highly reccomend Jim Uglow, in England he is probbaly the best you can get for Hung Gar, very deep knowledge, very high skill level, and can use everything in a TCMA way for fighting etc, train with him anyday over MMA.

One of the efw SiFu's who can apply old sytyle skills to a modern environment

Top Notch,

anybody walking away from his school is a complete mullet :D

lol i'l stick with MMA cheers

but i've never trained with him before

so i'll give him a try some time

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-10-2007, 02:24 PM
i agree with arhat ... it looked like poo.

Shaolin Wookie
10-14-2007, 03:20 PM
I used to train with that club. It's an amateur club with no professional coach, and most are there for fun and had relatively little experience. I recognized only two people from that group, and I think my old classmate is teaching them. Most of these kind of college groups are going to have a pretty high turnover rate with kids graduating, dropping out, being more interested in studies (or partying), etc. They actually looked like pretty good, and showed a pretty good amount of skill (in relation to their overall experience level) compared to other professional schools, imo.

Um, the cheerleaders punch harder than that when they're pumping their pompoms. Seriously..........