PDA

View Full Version : video: htowndragon san shou fight

htowndragon
10-08-2007, 09:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTs7b3Kh8sY

it was sloppy, after the first two takedowns, i kinda just said **** it, and stopped paying any attention to what i was doing. but i won, and he forfeited the second round.

SanHeChuan
10-08-2007, 10:08 PM
That dudes head gear was ridiculous. People need to come prepared for this stuff. Next time, I'll bring extra gear.

I don't know what happened to round 2, I guess one of us accidentally deleted it.

htowndragon
10-08-2007, 10:09 PM
there was no round 2, he forfeited the match

SanHeChuan
10-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Oh....:cool:

diego
10-08-2007, 11:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTs7b3Kh8sY

it was sloppy, after the first two takedowns, i kinda just said **** it, and stopped paying any attention to what i was doing. but i won, and he forfeited the second round.

you should have just gave him a cheap shot the next time his gear flipped...lol, musta been annoying as hell.

Was it cuz he had long hair?

htowndragon
10-09-2007, 12:27 AM
i think he was wearing a TKD point sparring helmet.

btw, go to 5:08, i do a hop gar combo, kick, step back and with each step throw a "ko choi" hooking punch to his head.

Eddie
10-09-2007, 02:11 AM
Good fight. One thing I just noticed from both fight videos…. Under IWuF San shou rules. Once you are in a clinch, you cant score any points unless you throw. While random punches could injure the guy if he didn’t cover up, its unlikely to happen and it will only tire you out.

How does the san shou rules work under that body you competed on?

Just to be clear, my comments wasn’t meant as criticism, just an observation of the rules.

htowndragon
10-09-2007, 03:54 AM
well obviously when we were in the clinch, i wanted to throw him, which worked twice. then after that i didnt really try too hard for the throw. his hits didnt do anything, even when they landed before the clinch. it was kinda like whatever. my punches landed harder, and his headgear was ****ing me off. body shots really didnt do much in the fight, or wouldnt with gloves on period.

it wasnt much of a fight, i didnt feel like i really worked for it. i really hope to attend another tournament more akin to jimmy wongs tournament, with 80 fighters, etc. and a real venue.

hskwarrior
10-09-2007, 07:29 AM
nice job htown...............

xcakid
10-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Nice job htown

That dude is pretty funny. His guard is typical of a point sparrer. Also wearing your cup on the outside screams: I'm the biggest d0rk around here. :D

But the dude can probably kick my ass, so I will shut up now.

diego
10-09-2007, 01:43 PM
i think he was wearing a TKD point sparring helmet.

btw, go to 5:08, i do a hop gar combo, kick, step back and with each step throw a "ko choi" hooking punch to his head.

you definatly had better attitude from stance training, you had a stronger stance than he did...spun him like a pinyata and lmao at his helmet looking like a soccerball at a concert and ****

reminds me of how they say the meteor fists of the tibetan monks are similar to the prayer drum with the two strings and the beads at the end...his helmet was like the drum's surface:D You could hear the Belltower...

3:25 i like your form on the grab and rear uppercut to gut...very hopgar/western boxing style...

The Willow Sword
10-09-2007, 02:28 PM
oh my GOD that was depressing as hell to watch. I am so sorry that you had to endure that Htowndragon, Good match on your part. That dude should have been disqualified FIRST for trying to retain the receding hairline Mullet as well as having stupid headgear that would not stay on.

Maybe better things next year eh?

Peace,TWS

rogue
10-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Nice job htown

That dude is pretty funny. His guard is typical of a point sparrer. Also wearing your cup on the outside screams: I'm the biggest d0rk around here. :D

But the dude can probably kick my ass, so I will shut up now.

For me it was the red shin guards and the balding hippy hairstyle.

Other than that he was awful.

David Jamieson
10-09-2007, 03:03 PM
For me it was the red shin guards and the balding hippy hairstyle.

Other than that he was awful.

Bald mullet hippy = -5 street cred

Bright red shins without matching gear = -6 street cred

crappy 3 dollar head gear = -10 street cred

wearing you jockstrap on the outside of your sanshou shorts = -50 street cred

in all seriousness, the guy should have blinked out of existence at the end for all these infractions of street cred.

so, what's it like to hand a retard his ass htown? :p

rogue
10-09-2007, 05:13 PM
All the guy was missing was a cardigan sweater, Crocs and a Wham t-shirt. I don't think I've seen so much negative street cred in one place since this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F6KKiz4Bcw

Bonus footage that is totally unrelated to the thread!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RVp8Q6H9e0&NR=1

David Jamieson
10-09-2007, 07:01 PM
what exactly are you doing in your spare time? :p

SanHeChuan
10-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Bald mullet hippy = -5 street cred

Bright red shins without matching gear = -6 street cred

crappy 3 dollar head gear = -10 street cred

wearing you jockstrap on the outside of your sanshou shorts = -50 street cred

in all seriousness, the guy should have blinked out of existence at the end for all these infractions of street cred.

so, what's it like to hand a retard his ass htown?

You guys are cruel :(

I don't think he had plans to fight that day. He just jumped in to fill the spot.

He had to borrow that head gear and who knows what else :eek: from the Kuk Sool Won guy that fought in the continuous sparring. I guess he could have just cuped his balls with his off hand like the kids did.

yutyeesam
10-09-2007, 09:53 PM
You guys are cruel :(

I don't think he had plans to fight that day. He just jumped in to fill the spot.

He had to borrow that head gear and who knows what else :eek: from the Kuk Sool Won guy that fought in the continuous sparring. I guess he could have just cuped his balls with his off hand like the kids did.

Word. I heard he's also like 45 years old.

htowndragon
10-09-2007, 10:20 PM
i also know he's an instructor under paul hwang, been to jail for street fighting, does CLF, learned monkey while in prison from some dude, and does tai chi.

i dont know. wasnt too much of a fight. i was happier losing the fight at taiji legacy than winning this.

yutyeesam
10-09-2007, 10:27 PM
does CLF

wha....??? Really? What's his lineage?

SanHeChuan
10-09-2007, 11:00 PM
i also know he's an instructor under paul hwang

If he is an instructor that is just sad :(
I saw him doing a form before hand that I think was Elephant style but it did have some CLF elements in it. It was so bad I couldn't really tell what it was. :eek:

wha....??? Really? What's his lineage?

Since the Elephant style comes from Doc-fai Wong I would assume the CLF does also.

yutyeesam
10-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Ah. Got it. Here's a thread:
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36858

rogue
10-10-2007, 04:37 AM
Word. I heard he's also like 45 years old.

Trust me on this, if you are over 30 and balding you should never have long hair. And trust me on this too, never borrow gear from a Kuk Sool Won guy. :D

David Jamieson
10-10-2007, 05:12 AM
45 ain't that old.

...and we are not cruel. You are for putting up the humiliating video.
There are much more cruel things being said about it than my small observations.

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-10-2007, 02:36 PM
i would not let that man anywhere near my german shepherd ill tell you that much.

diego
10-10-2007, 05:23 PM
i would not let that man anywhere near my german shepherd ill tell you that much.

I'm curious why you would say that, is it because he is like Jesus and all animals runaway from home to flock to him? or was that Noah!?...

rogue
10-10-2007, 05:25 PM

I know David is Canadian, but I think my dog would be safe around him.

rogue
10-10-2007, 05:26 PM
45 ain't that old.

Some days it isn't but other days it is.:D

The Willow Sword
10-11-2007, 01:09 PM
CSN is or WAS a student of Paul Hwang, maybe he can verify who that guy is.

Yeah in all seriousness his fighting skills were very poor.Im not into tourney fighting much but when i DO take a gander i expect to see something MORE than what i did witness.

Peace,TWS

htowndragon
10-11-2007, 10:42 PM
i think his first name was edward?

Shaolin Wookie
10-12-2007, 09:40 AM
I still can't figure out why every time he was getting pummeled he stopped whatever he was doing, reached for you without a strong attempt at clinching, and just got pummeled more until his helmet fell off.....and then grabbed you.

It's like he was just walking into a flurry of punches blindly, and you just obliged him by backing up and throwing more.

MasterKiller
10-12-2007, 09:46 AM
CSN is or WAS a student of Paul Hwang, maybe he can verify who that guy is.

Yeah in all seriousness his fighting skills were very poor.Im not into tourney fighting much but when i DO take a gander i expect to see something MORE than what i did witness.

Peace,TWS

Well, he didn't have an afro, so we know it wasn't CSN...:D

The Willow Sword
10-13-2007, 01:55 PM
LOL Tru Dat!

xcakid
10-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Remind me to never post a vid of me fighting. You guys are brutal.