View Full Version : Pak Mei Master Sam Choi s Kung Fu Book

Firehawk4
10-09-2007, 04:27 PM
There is a new book on Pak Mei here at this sight
http://www.pakmei.ca/

Ao Qin
10-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Hi Firehawk...

Thanks very much for posting this link, and also for "keeping the faith"!!!

Cheers - AQ

drleungjohn
10-11-2007, 09:41 PM
-don't waste your money-typical Hong Kong style-big pictures of individual moves,poses,,9 step push form,no applications

Pakmei7
10-13-2007, 08:19 AM
-don't waste your money-typical Hong Kong style-big pictures of individual moves,poses,,9 step push form,no applications

Why would you say it's a waste of money? Do you know what you are actually looking at? Do you study Pak Mei?

doug maverick
10-13-2007, 09:37 AM
i don't maybe he does 25+ years of martial rts experience you see a thing or two. not defending anybody just saying

ittokaos
10-13-2007, 09:44 AM
I study Bak Mei and I have it. It's a good book but nothing really great about it. It shows the form but no applications. It is good if you want to hear Sam Choi's experience with the style but if not then you may not like it. I thought that it was pretty good though.

drleungjohn
10-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Please don't take it as a personal attack on the style-I now have 30 plus years (so old !)in the martial world-most in Kung Fu-I know what I am looking at and want -
I have great respect for the system and even saw a Pak Mei guy hit a brick out of the corner of a wall once-(student of Kwong's in Manhattan)

There is nothing of substance in the book-no real theory,applications,usage,context,drills etc-that truly represent the art--for anyone who is really interested in it and wants something other then a gloss over-

But I'm from NY-and we're hard to please