PDA

View Full Version : Way of the intercepting ****

Ma_Xu_Zha
04-10-2000, 11:40 PM
Bruce Lee who developed JKD actually robbed Ancient chinese philosophy and decided to make it sound like it was his original idea to not use forms but formlessness, that ancient tai chi phlosophy, thats not the only thing, but he **** well stole ideas from alot of chinese martial arts and ideas that have been around and just rehashed them to dumb americans who didnt know them.

Sean Madigan
04-11-2000, 12:16 AM
Hi,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"that ancient tai chi phlosophy"[/quote]

I may only be a dumb American, but I can spell philosophy.

Yawn...:O

BIG Sean Madigan

nospam
04-11-2000, 01:03 AM
..heh heh..I'm Canadian. http://www.kungfuonline.com/forum/roundtable/cool.gif

04-11-2000, 01:13 AM
LOL!!!

Hey Sean, I can correctly puntuate a sentence using commas, see!

I can also correctly hyphenate things like re-hashed.

Not bad for a dumb Englishman.

:-)

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot. Yawn ... :O

YODA

illusionfist
04-13-2000, 01:11 AM
You put a **** into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put it into a bottle, it becomes the bottle..... Oh shoot that was water!!!! My bad!!!!

Peace /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

flavour54take2sameperson
04-16-2000, 07:03 PM
I feel so inadequate in these forums.
I study Wing Chun but will have to get around to reading "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do"
to have a more educated opinion.
One difference I picked up from sparring a guy who started training with us but was doing Jeet Kune Do allways kept his forearms flexed.
Can anyone tell me if this slows your technique down.
This will not be saying that it is wrong if it does slow you down as I semm to outpace this guym however it is still hard to get around his arms as they have become big.
Any thoughts?

JohnnyW
06-01-2000, 02:33 AM
Here is a quote of something Bruce said about himself, "I am nothing new (or special), just the same **** old ****." It appears that he seldom made claims that all that he had was new and wholly original. It's in how he put it together (his foundation art and the progressive aspects) and in his presentation of his work that his artistry, originality, and genius shown forth. By the way, he didn't have to `steal' anything from ancient Chinese sources. HE WAS CHINESE, it's from HIS CULTURE, so it was there for him to use if he wanted, or to transcend if he felt compelled to.

Johnny W.

illusionfist
06-01-2000, 03:36 PM
hey johnny, where did you get that quote from?? Just wondering...

Peace /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

benny
06-11-2000, 07:59 PM
i do ving tsun from the same lineage as bruce and people have been taking bits from different styles for 1000's of years so you cant blame him for doing it and you do slow yourself if you are tense
see ya on the wing side

YuenBaio
06-15-2000, 02:11 AM
Usually, I side with people who have a decent argument on, for traditional reasons, why whites shouldn't learn Kung Fu, or their inability to. But this time, I just think you are ignorant. First of all, I could say what you said about anything. Gee, I took Yuen Baio's name ( one of Jackie Chan's old chinese opera friends ). That doesn't mean I am stealing his right to the name or screwing his karma around. Just because Bruce Lee's training led him to a fighting technique that is formless, doesn't mean that he was intentionally stealing it from 'that ancient chinese phlosophy'( by the way its philosophy ). Also, I can bet that he only has a few principles based on it, not all, since you likely have something against Bruce Lee. Well we'll let you battle out your self while we sit back and enjoy some good Kung Fu. :-)

------------------
Yuen Lo

Slide_jkd
06-19-2000, 09:47 PM
Hey Ma_xa_zha(or something like that)

Most eastern philosophies place the universal idea ahead of the individual. Bruce Lee's JKD is one of the first universal ideas to consider the individual more important(as far as martial arts are concerned anyway)

------------------
happy training

Slide

thekuntawman
06-21-2000, 09:08 PM
"Jeet Kune Do was born out of Si Fu Lee's art of Jun Fan Gung Fu. To understand the principles, concepts and strategies of Jeet Kune Do, you must study first Jun Fan Gung Fu. In the begining, as conceived by Si Fu Lee, Jeet Kune Do was a style. Almost immediately, Si Fu Lee told me he was sorry that he ever named or considered JKD a style. He felt that a style was too limiting and confining. Si Fu told me that he was not creating a new style, nor making a composite of different styles, nor modifying other systems or styles to create a new one. As he stated to me "Jeet Kune Do was to be used as a mirror, in which we could see ourselves". He hoped that JKD would be used as a vehicle to free his students from "clinging" to styles, systems, and patterns. He often quoted to me "Be not concerned with the soft styles versus the hard styles, or kicking styles versus striking styles, or long range styles versus in fighting styles, or ground grappling versus hitting and kicking. He felt that there was no such thing as "this was better than that" or visa versa. To quote him directly "should there be one thing we must guard against, let it be partiality that robs us of our pristine wholeness and makes us lose unity in the midst of duality."

from http://homepage.altavista.com/spiderchokes_web/JKD.html

[This message has been edited by thekuntawman (edited 06-24-2000).]

boardin_usa
06-26-2000, 09:03 AM
More and more I'm beginning to see that most people know nothing about JKD or Bruce for that matter. This forum is for people who want to learn about JKD, or share what they know about it. Obviously, you can tell that some of the people on here has never read any of Bruce's notes on the subject. Instead they act like they already know it all, and apparently they don't know anything about Bruce or JKD. He named it that to bring us together, but everyone wants to be different. Everyone wants to be better than Bruce. Bruce fought and trained with his mind, not cutting people down. People put Bruce down because they don't understand the art, and probably can't read, or scared to read, because they are afraid that they might learn something that really works. If you already know it all, then what are you doing here???? You should be making movies or something. Maybe your scared that simple is in fact better. If you have problems with Americans, then get over it----WE ARE HERE TO STAY!!!!! Some of the people here seem to admire Bruce and his teachings, and I'm glad somebody actually reads and tries to learn about what they are talking about before ****ing out of their mouth!

[This message has been edited by boardin_usa (edited 06-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by boardin_usa (edited 06-27-2000).]

zeke
07-01-2000, 09:26 PM
will everyone shut your rude little traps, bruce was a **** good martial arse,i mean artist. will all of you let the guy r.i.p. please, remember he didn't do anything to you.

HARDBALL
07-02-2000, 06:56 PM
Correct me if I am mistaken but,
wasn't Bruce Lee born in America ?

qilady
07-10-2000, 08:52 AM
Hardball - yes, Bruce was born in America while his parents were on a theatrical tour, I think. He had duel citizenship, so that is why he was sent to live there when things got hot for him in hometown. (Forgive me people if details aren't perfect)

Anyway, in everything I've read by Bruce Lee, I can't see where he was trying to be anything but an intense and honorable martial artist presenting his approach to training - reaching a point that most of us can only imagine.

origenx
08-07-2000, 10:20 PM
Bruce Lee didn't rob Chinese philosophy. In fact, he was trying to teach it. It's not like he was passing those ideas off as his own...

LeviathanX
08-09-2000, 10:49 PM
Jeet Kune Do wasn't supposed to be an original art - it was supposed to take the most effective aspects of other arts and constantly mold and evolve them.