PDA

View Full Version : Li Pi Quan from Babu Tanglang

Cuchillo
10-11-2007, 12:53 AM
A couple of days ago I filmed myself playing Li Pi - a beginner-form from the 8-Step Praying Mantis system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heNMfr3b-EQ

Have not done Mantis for a long time, so I am definitely a beginner here...

Have a martial arts background in other arts, such as TKD, Krav Maga, some Capoeira, and have also done lots of chi gung for several years. But Mantis is quite different from these arts, a lot more techniqal, challenging and more "difficult", but I LIKE IT!

PS! For those who know the form, I don`t go low on the 2 sweeps because of an old knee injury.

I am currently a student of Shifu Paolo Castaneda of Oslo Wu-Tan (Norway), but since I do not live in Oslo (I live about 210 kilometres away...), I can only travel and train in Oslo about maybe once each month, and the rest is training on my own.. Not the best solution, but for me its the only solution, since I live so far away from Oslo...

Anyway, it would be nice to what you guys think of the form? But, dont be too rough with me, ha ha! Remember I am only a beginner of Mantis. Thanks!

Sifu Darkfist
10-12-2007, 08:18 AM
You are going in the right direction as far as power development and sequence coupling (flurries). My hat off To your Sifu, He does nice work and you honor him with the follow through.

on another note

good lord Norway is beautiful, I have read so much about Norwegian conflict with Russians and Germans that i feel as if i have a picture of its terrain embedded in my mind. Your vid only solidifies my inclination.

EarthDragon
10-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Chucillo.
I must say for a begginer that form looks great! Well executed and nice flow. I would like to add if I may as 8 step Shifu myself . The form should start and end in the same position. I noticed that you start facing away and finish on the opposite side facing towards the camera. other than that as I have said it looks great.