PDA

View Full Version : conversation on Bak Hsing pt 2

Satori Science
10-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Another short clip from a disscusion on Bak Hsing, Chop Choi and power generation with Sifu Sharif Bey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HCzVJrfs7A

WinterPalm
10-11-2007, 01:35 PM
I like that guy. He speaks well and it looks like he certainly knows what he is doing! I want to see the clip of what followed the interview.

htowndragon
10-11-2007, 01:43 PM
sharif is a cool guy, i met and drank with him at bennigans at tai chi legacy.

Satori Science
10-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Hey winterpalm, who do you train with in the Peg?

Glad you liked the clip, & yeah Sharif is totally awsome!

This was pt 1 which i had posted earlier in another thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXIKUDBH_gU

stout
10-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Interesting stuff keep them coming.

WinterPalm
10-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey winterpalm, who do you train with in the Peg?

Glad you liked the clip, & yeah Sharif is totally awsome!

This was pt 1 which i had posted earlier in another thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXIKUDBH_gU

Hey, I train under Sifu Wes Cameron at the Shaolin West Kung Fu School. I actually take private lessons with Sifu now and teach a class with several students.

I've seen some of his other stuff and he seems like a good spokesman for TCMA and the hung styles in general...good charisma and speaking ability.

Looks like your not to far across the plains!:D What is the martial arts scene like in Regina?

Satori Science
10-13-2007, 01:20 AM
Regina? well I can't lie we easily have the best school in Saskatchewan. My Sifu has been in Saskatoon/ Regina since 79. My Taiji teacher, Ronnie Yee is off the hook too though, he is Master Chen Zhounghou's top disiciple. & there are some other chinese schools around as well.

I make my way out to Winnipeg often as my Sisook's disciple is there as well as my dear training brother Sifu Josh Schafer (7 star praying mantis) What style do you train exactly? perhaps we can hook up next time I'm out your way.

As for Sharif he is a total becon of knowledge. The guy bleeds TCMA

Satori Science
10-13-2007, 12:42 PM
This is the first Vid of my Sifu thats been posted. Just a sample, & bare in mind that is "@ teaching speed" Its just the very surface of the stuff I've seen him do. I've wanted to start showcasing his chop choi for some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa2jCPmf_zM

Keepin The Faith:cool:

WinterPalm
10-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Regina? well I can't lie we easily have the best school in Saskatchewan. My Sifu has been in Saskatoon/ Regina since 79. My Taiji teacher, Ronnie Yee is off the hook too though, he is Master Chen Zhounghou's top disiciple. & there are some other chinese schools around as well.

I make my way out to Winnipeg often as my Sisook's disciple is there as well as my dear training brother Sifu Josh Schafer (7 star praying mantis) What style do you train exactly? perhaps we can hook up next time I'm out your way.

As for Sharif he is a total becon of knowledge. The guy bleeds TCMA

Hey, that sounds pretty good!
We train in Toisan Black Tiger...a hung influenced art.
It would be cool to meet up...I'm never in Regina myself but if you are around...I'm not familiar with Sifu Schafer. I know there is a buk sing clf club in the city. I've met Sifu Chan with the Green Dragon in the city and they were a respectful bunch.
I've also visited or trained with various other clubs in the city but when I met my Sifu I knew that was exactly what, where, and from whom I wanted to learn.

On the video clip I couldn't hear what he was saying...is that intentional?
If you check out my profile there is a link to my Sifu's site with articles and some video clips.

Satori Science
10-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Ya man, sorry the voice was cut on purpose. Don't want to give away to much.

Black Tiger eh, very cool, I didn't know there was a black tiger school in the Peg. I've always been a little fascinated with that style and its grinder dummy. You guys have a serious wealth of great gung fu out there. We will defiantely meet up when I'm out next if our schedules mesh. I can buy you a bowl a soup and we can compare forms or what ever.

Sifu Josh teaches out of the cultural center but is fairly low key as he is working full time at a biotec firm trying to cure diabetes and finishing his PHD in Medicine right now. If you ever meet him though he is one of the warmest and most talented MA I know. And yeah Sihing Naya teaches the Bak Hsing Fut Ga out your way too.

WinterPalm
10-14-2007, 08:10 AM
I figured about the sound.:cool:

You might be mistaking this with a different type of Black Tiger: Hak Fu Mhun. The style we do is different but there is a wooden dummy!
Sifu has taught this style publically since I believe the early 90s in the Peg. He's a pretty low-key guy himself.

We were training out of a restaurant on the main floor of the cultural center for awhile and I might have met him as we would often see the other clubs that train in the building outside afterwards.

Satori Science
10-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Cool cool, :cool:

Yeah Josh usually takes his students outsde to the main level of the cultural center to do qi gung before class and play forms after. They have a pretty amazing set up there man, really beautifal. The Chinese park and pagoda are worth the drive themselves.

My Sifu is a dim Sum chef and has taught out of his restraunts on and off over the years. We have an awsome set up in the Royal Candain Legion these days and the Chinese assoc. takes really good care of us.

My girl's father used to take her to eat at one of my Sifu restaunts back in the day, she sadi they would stay till close so that she could watch the Chinese kids warm up and start practice their forms before my Sifu would completely close for the night.

Satori Science
10-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Here's Sifu Josh's website

http://www.finiteinsight.com/redmantis/aboutred.html

And my Sihing Naya's Bak Hsing Fut Ga school

http://members.shaw.ca/naya/

WinterPalm
10-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks!

I believe I've seen those sites before.

nospam
10-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Hey! I thought I heard my name :D

Sup WinterPalm? I'll tag for that bowl of wonton...

Loved the post Satori. You can see and feel the power of the tsap choy. But then again...look who it is :)

nospam
:cool:

Satori Science
10-19-2007, 05:57 AM

Loved the post Satori. You can see and feel the power of the tsap choy. But then again...look who it is :)

nospam

Cheers Bro
Needless to say, Sifu is THE MAN

Trev is comin in to town on Saturday for some dim sum @ sifu's and hopefully some fun & games;)

Glad you liked he post, I've been in Henry's face like full time with the camera lately, so needless to say there is more coming. I've got a 4 day weekend coming Nov 10-13, if I can muster da cash I'll be out to see you. Are you and your son headed out to the tournament in the peg still? Josh and his crew are going to be there, he's been raggin on me to come and hang out but there is too much going on here right now.

WinterPalm
10-19-2007, 09:55 PM

nospam

Hey nospam, cool to see others from the peg.

I'm more a fan of the hot and sour soup ala one of our many incredible Vietnamese restaurants.:)

Wonton is good too...

WinterPalm
10-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Cheers Bro
Needless to say, Sifu is THE MAN

Trev is comin in to town on Saturday for some dim sum @ sifu's and hopefully some fun & games;)

Glad you liked he post, I've been in Henry's face like full time with the camera lately, so needless to say there is more coming. I've got a 4 day weekend coming Nov 10-13, if I can muster da cash I'll be out to see you. Are you and your son headed out to the tournament in the peg still? Josh and his crew are going to be there, he's been raggin on me to come and hang out but there is too much going on here right now.

Man, I don't even hear of these tournaments...all I ever see is the Colosseum and the Night in Bankok (I cannot spell this word for the life of me!:confused:).

Satori Science
10-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Man, I don't even hear of these tournaments...all I ever see is the Colosseum and the Night in Bankok (I cannot spell this word for the life of me!:confused:).

Here's the link,

http://www.baesmartialarts.com/tournaments.htm

WinterPalm
10-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Oh...that one. Someone already pointed that out to me. He also said that someone in the city puts together a tournament that has full contact in it but they don't do much advertising.

Satori Science
10-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Oh...that one. Someone already pointed that out to me. He also said that someone in the city puts together a tournament that has full contact in it but they don't do much advertising.

Let me know about that one if you hear anything more, I'll get Josh to dig around too.

WinterPalm
10-20-2007, 09:01 AM
The guy I spoke with told me it was through Sikaran (sp?) and held at the Philipino (sp?) center (sp?...j/k!).
He said they had san shou and modified rules with small gloves. That school doesn't have a website and the guy's work has kept him from coming to class for about a month now.
Actually, he might have an account on here...I'll see if I can get ahold of him.

nospam
10-20-2007, 04:47 PM
http://www.guardiandojo.com/Default.aspx

The GUARDIAN CHALLENGE TOURNAMENT, a bare knuckle full contact event in Winnipeg - June 2/07. This open event welcomes all styles.

&

Sikaran International Association - Annual Sikaran Open Tournament was held June 9/2007. No website found though.

nospam

Satori Science
10-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Cheers bro, Trev was in today we did some black bean and spring rolls and he dropped some science, and a history lesson ot two.

God dam I've got all the CLF I could ever need out here. I suppose there has to be some perks to living on the tundra;)

One.

nospam
10-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Hey hey hey! Say HELLO to Doc for me. Tell him next time I see him: Thai Boxing!

He too busy snapping stuff or is he interested in sweating a little?

nospam

Satori Science
10-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey hey hey! Say HELLO to Doc for me. Tell him next time I see him: Thai Boxing!

He too busy snapping stuff or is he interested in sweating a little?

nospam

Funny he told me to ask you about the ancient art of Thai Boxing;)...

We kept it to civilized conversation and black bean beef this time as he has already done his cross fit workout that day. But he's back in Nov and we've got palns to work on sup jee, dude has great stories though. No jokes about that, he still talks to Sisook on the regular.

Oh yeah, almost forgot I booked my plane ticket last night for Da Peg, I get in early Sat Nov 10 and I'll be there till late on Monday,

One.

nospam
10-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Hey good news, bro. Be good to see you again as usual. I'll show you Gei Bun Kuen. You have an itinerary yet? I hold class Sunday's from 1-4.

Only believe have of Doc's stories - between you and me...one too many head blocks before he got good :eek::D

nospam

Sung29
10-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Hi There,

I'm new to this forum and stumbled upon it looking for a good martial arts club here in Calgary. I'm interested in taking up buck sing/bak hsing CLF and noticed that there are a few buck sing/bak hsing clubs in western Canada. I also noticed that Sifu Dave Lacey (website) comes up to visit one of the elders (Lun Chee), that's why I'm asking. Does he/did he ever have a club in town? Any others?

Would appreciate any feedback! Thanks.

Satori Science
10-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Hi There,

I'm new to this forum and stumbled upon it looking for a good martial arts club here in Calgary. I'm interested in taking up buck sing/bak hsing CLF and noticed that there are a few buck sing/bak hsing clubs in western Canada. I also noticed that Sifu Dave Lacey (website) comes up to visit one of the elders (Lun Chee), that's why I'm asking. Does he/did he ever have a club in town? Any others?

Would appreciate any feedback! Thanks.

Grand Elder Lun Chee does reside in Calgary, however to my knowledge there is no kwoon in Calgary, a few practioners I know of perhaps but no kwoon. My Sifu told me that there should be a disiciple of Lun Chee's who was teaching there at one time but my Sihing Curtis lived there for ten years and never suceeded in locating anyone like that,