PDA

View Full Version : How do you train?

mkriii
10-12-2007, 12:01 PM
When your training or working out do you listen to music? If so what is your favorite music or song to workout to?

For me I like classic rock like AC/DC, Metalica, or Guns n' Roses. Of course the old classic soundtrack from the ROCKY movie is kind of motivating as well. These songs get me fired up and energized, ready to work out.

yu shan
10-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Metalica, Helmet, Rhamstein (sp?) Joe Satriani for starters.

Pork Chop
10-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Hip hop and dancehall are definitely some of the easiest stuff to work out to.

As far as rock goes, tend to stick to:
hatebreed, AC/DC, disturbed, chevelle, linkin park, dropkick murphys, social distortion, metallica, the loud rocks cd (rock versions of hip hop songs), ministry, killswitch engage, godsmack, system of a down, and a few others.

I seem to find a lot of muay thai coaches who like working out to Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. They're not bad, but definitely not my thing workout music-wise.

mkriii
10-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Iron Maiden....lol. Thats to funny. I like Judas Priest though. Some others I like is Nine Inch Nails, Rob Zombie, and KISS. They are all up beat. I have some friends that like working out to N' Synk and Brittny Spears and 98 Degrees and bands like that. I just want to gag when I hear that crap. They tell me its up lifting and positive energy from it. I think its crap.

Pork Chop
10-12-2007, 12:42 PM
....I have some friends that like working out to N' Synk and Brittny Spears and 98 Degrees and bands like that. I just want to gag when I hear that crap. They tell me its up lifting and positive energy from it. I think its crap.

Those bands make your Testosterone levels drop and are therefore to be avoided like the plague (and yellow snow).

mkriii
10-12-2007, 12:43 PM
I agree 100%.

street_fighter
10-12-2007, 02:28 PM
the temptations... baby. nothing like kicking somebodies azz while listening to sugarpie honeybunch.

actually since i'm too lazy to buy a timer, i made a couple playlists with 5:00 min songs, and one minute songs for rest. i have to listen to music when i train. the black ghosts, thievery corporation, beat crusaders, sambomaster... its all deadly

Shadow Skill
10-12-2007, 05:29 PM
HIP HOP CRUNK A$$ $hit like lil jon & eastside boys "WHAT, What, What YEAH!! oooookkkkkk

Daniel09
10-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Michael Jackson does me good and most techno is good as well. I don't think I could work out to N'Sync, but there is one brittany song that I could. "Toxic" to be specific. Just has that beat, you know?

I tend to enjoy listening to songs that have a strong beat and notes that make my spine tingle. Feels nice and gets me ready for more training.:D

Know Stile
10-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Anthrax, Suicidal Tendencies, Black Flag, Megadeath, DRI and the occasional classics like Sabbath and Deep Purple.

GiggityZZ
10-13-2007, 05:49 PM
music that motivates is the best to listen to when ur working out.

i myself like to listen to a variety ranging from ska to rap/hiphop

one song that i enjoy listening to while stretching is Feel Me by Lil' Wayne
heres a link to the music video of Feel me.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p644LLR9zvU

im not so much into rap tho. i prefer acoustic instrumentals, classical orchestra etc.
something thats soothes the mind

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Anthrax, Suicidal Tendencies, Black Flag, Megadeath, DRI and the occasional classics like Sabbath and Deep Purple.

thank god someone has some taste. i love old school thrash, but prefer to train to oldschool death and newer napalm, carcass, and as much as i hate to admit it i love working out to soulfly. for higher volume routines classical can work too. of course sometimes there's nothing that beats good ol fashioned silence.

uki
10-14-2007, 06:18 AM
bad religion, flogging molly, dropkick murphy's, rancid, the pogues...

stricker
10-15-2007, 09:14 AM
we used to have this round timer cd with really bad techno and horns and stuff at halfway through round, last 30secs etc. was wierd cos after a few months you really get into it even though i hate techno

at home i lift to rage, and when i was training other nights with thai fighter from mma we had either rage or metallica or some eminem... real good when hitting the pads and you have to dig real deep your heads in that place where you wanna **** your pad man up !

we had led zep for a bit but that was too nice.

now we've got a special training mix cd, its got some hip hop (3 6 mafia ... left, right, left right left just when we're doing shadow boxing) some techno-y stuff like chemical brothers and some metallica etc later on... perfectly designed from hip hop lyrics to put your head in the right gear warming, techno to keep you working at a good rate then metal for when its ****ing war!!!

Nick Forrer
10-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Linkin park and jay z

phantom menace soundtrack

training on my own i listen to interpol, bloc party, kings of leon and arcade fire but thats just teh music i like

Mortifere
10-16-2007, 08:03 PM
I mostly listen to the Guilty Gear soundtrack. I think it's the perfect music for working out. You can appreciate it alot more and have more motivation for training if you play the game like a maniac.

onehawaiian
10-27-2007, 07:03 PM
depends on what my training is...

weights: white music (metallica, disturbed, etc)
cardio: hip-hop, reggae, funk
martial arts: electronica, trance, techno (massive attack, paul oakenfold, etc)