PDA

View Full Version : Food

mkriii
10-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Does anyone have a particular food that they eat the night before a tournament or competition? Maybe it's a food that gives you energy or maybe it's a food you think brings you good luck.

I don't have a particular food that I eat before the tournament but me and my friends, whenever we get together and go to a tournament, we always go for Chinese food afterwards. One of the things that we ALWAYS get is the fried dumplings or pot stickers as they are sometimes called. We get a couple orders of the dumplings because we all love them. Then for my main course I always get something that is extra spicy.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-01-2007, 11:32 PM
only done one powerlifting comp, but was too nervous to eat much. banannas, cereal, raw eggs ... anything easy on the tummy.

Becca
11-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Usually the "night before" I prefer to stick to veggies like broccoli, winter peas and squash. Very easy on the tummy, lots of nutients, keeps you full. Only down side is if you aren't a person who eats pleny of veggies, on solid meal of them 12-24 hours befor needing to preform is not a good idea...

That being said, my favorite 2 veggi-meal dishes are not vegatarian, but are very tasty.

Spaggetti squash, backed in the oven just until you can get it out of the rind easilly served with maranara sauce, mushrooms, and a bit of italian sausage crumbles over the top.

or...

broccoli steamed just enough to make it easy to break up into tinny peices, shreded carrots, snow peas and bacon bits covered in a light sour cream dressing.