PDA

View Full Version : motivation to train

Hitman
10-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Dear all,
At the moment I can only train from 11pm to 12.30am. I am getting too tired to train, due to a sleeping problem. How do you keep on motivating yourself to train, when you got other commitments?

Thank you
Hitman

sanjuro_ronin
10-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Good luck with that, the only worst schedule would be from 2 to 4 in the morning !
No matter your motivation, you will soon lose it, unless you love the "night life".
Even shift workers can't do it for overly long.

SPJ
10-15-2007, 01:26 PM
midnite is no good for training.

soft/relaxation exercise or posture standing only, we practice in the morning and some breathing exercise.

some hard conditioning, punching and kicking bag/pad work in the afternoon 2:00 to 4:00pm.

some more hard stuff in the evening 7:00 to 9:00PM

--

something to do the hours of the day and "qi" flow or circadium of the day.

--

:D

xcakid
10-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Dear all,
How do you keep on motivating yourself to train, when you got other commitments?

Thank you
Hitman

I don't like being fat. I train in martial arts for health reason. :D

MASTERforge
10-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Realize that your training is a little special time in the day where you can devote time to yourself.

Other commitments come during the day but this is a special time for a bit of personal work.

I get up at 6am and start training while its still dark. That way I can get everything done that I need to during the day. I look forward to the mornings because its a personal space for me. Instead of just working or doing chores then collapsing in front of the T.V. I commit to this time and work hard so I can see improvements over the months and years.

If you don't have the time, you need to create it. Whether its in the morning or night and make it a special and enjoyable time. Making it a chore will just lead you to quitting.

Daniel09
10-16-2007, 02:29 AM
The human bodies are made to adapt, so it should only be uncomfortable staying up for a while. Then your brain should make the necessary adjustments to keep you healthy. Good luck till that point though.