PDA

View Full Version : Actual teachers of Chuka Southern Praying Mantis

ChukaSifu2
10-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Teaching Chuka Tong Long Kung Fu under Sifu Wong is Tony Blum in the Chicago,Il. area and another student who wishes not to be named,there may also be some people that were students of the system that teach it,but not under Sifu Wong's guidance. Rick Gamboa is not a student nor ever was of Wong's Chuka. He had learned some of Wong's Chuka from a former student of Wong's,but he himself was never a student of Wong's. If you wish to contact Sifu Blum on this matter you can go to - chukasouthernprayingmantiskungfu@hotmail.com he will answer any questions you may have about Sifu Wong's-Chuka Southern Mantis System.

jo
10-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Gamboa is a certified Hagoodite.

He is minding the store for Roger until he comes back to the USA with his "Unified Mantis" system.

Caveat Emptor.

- jo

ChukaSifu2
10-17-2007, 05:40 AM
He can mind the store for Hagood,this is not an issue. The issue is minding Wong's affairs,since Rick has no personal ties to Wong other than Jack Moy,may he rest in peace. I have no problem with Gamboa's lineage or ties other than Wong. This statement comes from Wong himself at a meeting held at a restaurant one evening many years ago. and I quote"Stop telling people you are my student,I don't even know you."(Wong) Then I was instructed by Sifu Wong to monitor any mention or comments about this in the future. Thanks

ittokaos
10-17-2007, 05:45 PM
I don't know why this thread was actually started but if you guys are looking for actual Chu Ga Mantis teachers then I know two.

Sifu Manuel Rodriguez in Ventura,CA
Sifu Chris Arnold in Palm Desert,CA (My Sifu)

Sifu Chris was taught by Sifu Manuel and Sifu Manuel was taught by Sifu Jack Moy and Sifu Wong.

I hope this helps,

WF

jo
10-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Is that the same Chris Arnold who, under Jack Springer, was a "USA representative" for LYS Mantis via videocassete and a Sifu of Tibetan Lions Roar! via videocassette under Steve Richards?

- jo

ittokaos
10-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Well, he is a sifu of Lion's Roar under Steven Richards but i am not too sure about the rest. I can ask if you'd like.

ChukaSifu2
10-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Tony Blum,teaches in the Midwest-Chicagoland area with 23 years of training with Wong. Tony Blum is still currently teaching Chuka under Wong's guidance.

Manuel Rodriguez, teaches on the West Coast-California area with 9 years direct contact with Wong.

Anyone other than these two Sifu's have no direct ties to Wong's Chuka Mantis, at least not formerly teaching the System. Some other former students that may have taught or still teach Chuka,but are currently not tied to the system are Wilbur Rimes & Pak Leung.

sanjuro_ronin
10-18-2007, 10:17 AM
Does Chuka = Chu gar ?

Dale Dugas
10-18-2007, 11:17 AM
One and the same.

One question. If this person with 23 years of training is for real why not have a school and a website to help gain students and inform the public. Why all this hidden mudslinging on a forum. It seems this unknown is making some big claims that cannot be backed up.

Both Sifu Gamboa and Sifu Rodriquez are very public about their schools and training.

How about this Tony Blum?

Internet search finds nothing on the man, a school other than this thread.

One can assume that ChukaSifu2 is actually Tony Blum tooting his own horn.

Nothing wrong with that but you bring up men who have schools and students and you have NOTHING.

Mouthboxer alert! Mouthboxer alert!

ChukaSifu2
10-18-2007, 12:03 PM
We do teach the public,but we choose to still keep a semi-esoteric standing with the public,so those students who do train can make the choice of letting people know if they train or not,and if you look hard enough you will find ties to Tony Blum and Chuka. And I am not tooting my own horn, What I am tired of though is people tooting their horns, that do not have ties to Wong,like Rick Gamboa. I'm tired of people disrespecting his name by butchering the way they think his Chuka system should be taught. The only person who chose to contact me on this matter was Manuel Rodriguez. Don't see any of you e-mailing me on this matter.Why? Easier to hide behind a Forum name I guess. And I know Manny,so through correspondence him and I have settled any issues that may have come from this forum. I don't need your acceptance on your little threads,only Wong's and those students who respect him,myself, & his teachings.
Signed, Tony Blum

ChukaSifu2
10-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Being public doesn't always mean anything,other than you think you have someone to impress other than your Sifu or your students. Wong's school has not been in it for the fame or the money,but in fact looking to continue legacy's and train good Chuka practitioners in their own right. It's supposed to be about the system and the students,not making yourself look good. Or have so many of you forgotten that. Who's the Mouthboxer now.
Signed, Sifu Tony Blum

sanjuro_ronin
10-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Fair enough, though remember it was YOUR thread.

The only Chuka I have seen has been from Draeger's book, what are your opinions on it?

ChukaSifu2
10-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Do not have any input on this book. The only other Chu Ka student I personally knew of was Gene Chen. And I know he quit teaching it because of the systems ability to make aggressive and brutal fighters. This is also why Wong wishes I don't make foolish people also dangerous by training those who do not earn the right and the respect to train in the system. I only have about 50 students in the system at any given time at this point, Wong only trained about 40 in the Chicagoland area,the other students were from Chinatown,NY.
Tony

Dale Dugas
10-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Being public doesn't always mean anything,other than you think you have someone to impress other than your Sifu or your students. Wong's school has not been in it for the fame or the money,but in fact looking to continue legacy's and train good Chuka practitioners in their own right. It's supposed to be about the system and the students,not making yourself look good. Or have so many of you forgotten that. Who's the Mouthboxer now.
Signed, Sifu Tony Blum

You are the one who started this thread by posting in the third person about yourself.

Its obvious you are looking for attention.

Good luck with your wanting to stay halfway out of the public eye and come out and post on a public forum.

sanjuro_ronin
10-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Do not have any input on this book. The only other Chu Ka student I personally knew of was Gene Chen. And I know he quit teaching it because of the systems ability to make aggressive and brutal fighters. This is also why Wong wishes I don't make foolish people also dangerous by training those who do not earn the right and the respect to train in the system. I only have about 50 students in the system at any given time at this point, Wong only trained about 40 in the Chicagoland area,the other students were from Chinatown,NY.
Tony

Who was Wong's teacher if I may ask?

ChukaSifu2
10-18-2007, 12:42 PM
His Uncle, Wong Yuk Gong I beleive is how it is spelled.

sanjuro_ronin
10-18-2007, 12:45 PM
This is also why Wong wishes I don't make foolish people also dangerous by training those who do not earn the right and the respect to train in the system. I only have about 50 students in the system at any given time at this point, Wong only trained about 40 in the Chicagoland area,the other students were from Chinatown,NY.
Tony

Don't you think that 40-50 students is quite a lot for a system that is so "dangerous' to teach?
It hard enough to know the true character of 1 person, much less 50 !

ChukaSifu2
10-18-2007, 01:08 PM
This is so true. That is why these students are brought into the inner circle of our training regiments before they will even begin learning the internal side of the system. You can learn alot about the students as they progress with the basics,ecspecially when you bring philosophy and experience into your training and the teachings. There are only three of us who have opened up to the system,become enlighted if you will under Wong. That is why there is a big trust factor in who he will teach these things to and allow to continue to teach these same things. Alot of people who claim to teach this system have not yet reached this plateau,much less can teach it to others.

sanjuro_ronin
10-18-2007, 01:15 PM
This is so true. That is why these students are brought into the inner circle of our training regiments before they will even begin learning the internal side of the system. You can learn alot about the students as they progress with the basics,ecspecially when you bring philosophy and experience into your training and the teachings. There are only three of us who have opened up to the system,become enlighted if you will under Wong. That is why there is a big trust factor in who he will teach these things to and allow to continue to teach these same things. Alot of people who claim to teach this system have not yet reached this plateau,much less can teach it to others.

I see, another case of "inner circle/closed door/inner breeding gene pool".
Great way to kill off the quality of a system.
Good luck with that.

ChukaSifu2
10-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Not about being closed door at all. If you understood what I was writing,It's all about the time and effort you put into your training. Meaning it takes many,many years to really become profficient in this system,and by then,hopefully you would out grow any fullness notions of using your skills to do anything,but defend yourself and abuse your skills by hurting people unneccasarilly with them. after all the very first word in our school manuals slogan is Benevolence. Look it up I'm sure you would be quite interested in knowing what it means, In closing you Gentelmen have fun on your forum. My only point for being here was to let some people in on the truths of actual Chu Ka students and teachers,but it seems that some of you must be upset with the possibility that you have been lied to, too be this hostile about hearing this information must mean you beleive there must be a lot of truth to this. And those of you who wish to learn Wong's - Chu Ka please feel free to contact me at chukasouthernprayingmantiskungfu@hotmail.com,like some of you have and I will be happy to discuss anything that I can answer for you.

Thank you for your time, Sigung Sammy Wong & Sifu Tony Blum

Firehawk4
10-22-2007, 12:09 PM
I believe the Sammy Wong Chuka is Chuka Chu Gar Southern Mantis from Mainland China and that the Chuka Shaolin Phoenix Eye Fist type of Chuka from Malaysia from Sifu Cheong Cheng Leong and Don Draeger is a form of Chu Gar Gao with Shaolin and mixed with other arts .

TenTigers
10-22-2007, 01:11 PM
I was under the impression, and correct me if I am wrong, that Wong Yuk-Gong taught Jook Lum Southern Mantis, and studied under Chung Yiu-Jung,who learned from Li Siem-Si and Sam Dot? I believe his son or his student(not sure) Lee Kwok-Leung is still teaching in Hong Kong.

Firehawk4
10-22-2007, 01:34 PM
I believe Wong Yuk Gong also learned Chu Gar Southern Mantis to and Jook Lum .

jo
10-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Lee Kwok Leung's website

www.kwongsaibambootemple.org

- jo

ChukaSifu2
10-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Wong learned from his uncle. And any similarity between Chu Ka(Chu Gar) & Jook Lum is who is showing the set or style too you. Meaning, I have seen many students come in our system from Gin Fu Mark(Jook Lum) and try to combine Chuka with Jook Lum,this doesn't mean there the same styles. Every person I have met from Poo Yee's system or Gin Fu Mark's looks nothing like ours if you were taught by Wong. The only system I have seen similar to ours is Chow Gar under Paul Whitrod's teaching.
Tony Blum