PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi & Shadowless Sword....

RAYNYSC
10-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to know if anyone here has seen any of these movies?
Both have been out for sometime now & IMO are worth having in any MA movie collection. Shadowless Sword is a Korean base MA movie & Shinobi as if you didn't know by the name is Japanese based Ninja movie. Now for the record there are some over the top fighting scene's that are overly exaggerated, but none the less I found both movies worth seeing & added them to my collection....

jethro
10-16-2007, 08:12 PM
I am assuming you mean Shinobi Heart Under Blade. There are some movies known as Shinobi No Mono from the 60's and I have heard those are the best portrayal of a ninja EVER. I have not seen Shinobi Heart Under Blade, I have it, I just haven't watched it. I haven't seen anyone say it is bad, so that is usually a good sign. I will try to see it soon, but I have been saying that for like a year now:o

doug maverick
10-16-2007, 09:12 PM
some people might not know this but shinobi is the movie version of the anime basilisk which is the manga/anime version of a japanese book shinobi arts. the movie version tanked heavily in japan and even garnered japans version of the razzie arwards. personally i'd perfer the anime to the film which was just not that good in my eyes.

RAYNYSC
10-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey Doug,

Would it be safe to say that part of the reason why you may feel the way you do about this movie is the lack of ninjas that were in the movie. I mean after all it's supposed to be a ninja movie so why aren't the leads or the core group of main characters that the movie works around look or dress like ninjas?...

I mean if it wasn't for the fact that you see a ninja dressed like a ninja in one or two short scenes or that you don't have subtitles you wouldn't know that you're watching a ninja movie. I hope that makes sence.

Now that being said I've seen worst movies in my lifetime that's why I said "that there are some over the top fighting scene's that are overly exaggerated" but none the less there were some bugged out fights that were pretty good & thats way I added this one to me collection. ( I mean lets be for real some story lines just don't cut it.... lol )

By the Jethro, the title of the movie is Shinobi Heart Under Blade.

doug maverick
10-17-2007, 07:02 PM
what bothered me was that compared to the book the manga and the anime its complete trash and yes the fights were over the top but so was izumi and izumi rocked.

Zenshiite
10-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Azumi was awesome... whatever happened Azumi 2?

RAYNYSC
10-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Hey Doug,

what bothered me was that compared to the book the manga and the anime its complete trash and yes the fights were over the top but so was izumi and izumi rocked.

I agree with you on all point's I just thought that the ninjas or lack there of would have had something to do with it as well.

Zenshiite,

Don't quote me on this but I do believe that part 2 of izumi or azumi how ever it's spelled is already & has been out for a while now.

How about Shadowless Sword any views or thoughts on this one?....

doug maverick
10-17-2007, 09:05 PM
i think when he said what happened to it he was talking about howcrappy it was compare to part 1

RAYNYSC
10-17-2007, 09:24 PM
My bad lol .... :D That's why I said what I said as I haven't seen part 2....