PDA

View Full Version : Employment Opportunities

nnumair
10-17-2007, 08:54 PM
START WORK NOW. GREAT PAY. SECURITY SERVICES.

We are seeking to fill fulltime openings in the San Francisco Bay area.

Our associates are assigned to fulltime Command Centers where they monitor the environment, admit vendors, welcome guests, and monitor cameras, listening devices, and other detection systems. The Command Centers are independent security offices built on our client's estates or places of business. Providing 24-hour protective operations to our fulltime clients is our main focus, and we are searching for impressive candidates who can adapt to any environment.

Our firm offers the highest wages in the security industry coupled with annual performance evaluations, options for overtime, and performance-based bonuses. Typical first year earnings are $56,000

In addition, our 160 fulltime associates are provided with exceptional benefits packages which include medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and a 401K retirement plan. Our benefits are tier-based, so that as you are elevated through our firm, you receive more and more personal and family coverage.

Conduct your own research about Gavin de Becker & Associates and you'll see we are widely known as the world's leading experts in security services. We invite you to be part of our team!

We are seeking:

- Men and women with integrity and high ethical standards
- Motivated professionals
- Individuals with excellent communication skills
- Self-starters with the ability to follow instructions
- Drug and Nicotine-Free. Associates submit to on-going drug and nicotine screening.
- Physically fit.

Pre-Employment Physical Readiness Test:

Men:
40 Push-ups in 2 minutes or less
40 Sit-ups in 2 minutes or less
5 Pull-ups (Overhand, starting in a dead-hang)
Bench Press 100% of your body weight
1 Mile Run in 8 minutes or less

Women:
20 Push-ups in 2 minutes or less
3 Pull-ups (Overhand, starting in a dead-hang)
Bench Press 75% of your body weight

If you would like to be considered for a position, please send your resume and cover letter to nnumair@gavindebecker.com .

Visit our website (www.gavindebecker.com) and follow the application instructions provided in the "Employment Opportunities" section.

GeneChing
10-18-2007, 01:53 PM
nnumair is my old martial arts brother. He is now in security work and is always looking for candidates with martial arts experience. Like some of the cattle calls I've posted for Cirque Du Soliel, I don't view this as spam. He's not trying to sell anything. It's a job offer, specifically oriented to martial artists. There's certainly a place for this on our forum here.

bodhitree
10-18-2007, 02:51 PM
whoa,

sorry gene and nnumair,

I gave the guy infractions and said some pretty mean things. My appologies:o

sorry again nnumair! Don't go to hel l

GeneChing
10-18-2007, 04:24 PM
I can see how nnumair's post looked spammy. When it comes to spam, I'd rather you err on the side of penalties and deletions than letting it go. Penalties can always be revoked. Besides how real is a forum penalty anyway? :o

xcakid
10-18-2007, 07:17 PM
We are seeking:

- Drug and Nicotine-Free. Associates submit to on-going drug and nicotine screening.
- Physically fit.

Men:

Well, the pull ups may be a bit tough. The mile run will definitely be a bust for me. I have patellar tendonitis. All other quals will be no problemo though.

I have a buddy that worked with an outfit in Iraq doing PSD. I will pass this info on to him. He is doing another contract job now, but I think that is ending soon.

nnumair
06-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to put out an opportunity for martial artists and profesionals. The company I work for is currently hiring and looking for dedicated, professional and athletic people. I currently do Executive Protection for a company called Gavin de Becker & Assoc. I am going to put the basics below but I just want to tell you how being martial artist has helped me in this field. The ability to stay centered and focused and be in the moment is imperative in this line of work. Feel free to comment back and ask any questions and please check out the website.

Thank you and Namaste

Employment Opportunities

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

START WORK NOW. GREAT PAY. SECURITY SERVICES.

We are seeking to fill fulltime openings in the San Francisco Bay area.

Our associates are assigned to fulltime Command Centers where they monitor the environment, admit vendors, welcome guests, and monitor cameras, listening devices, and other detection systems. The Command Centers are independent security offices built on our client's estates or places of business. Providing 24-hour protective operations to our fulltime clients is our main focus, and we are searching for impressive candidates who can adapt to any environment.

Our firm offers the highest wages in the security industry coupled with annual performance evaluations, options for overtime, and performance-based bonuses.

In addition, our 160 fulltime associates are provided with exceptional benefits packages which include medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and a 401K retirement plan. Our benefits are tier-based, so that as you are elevated through our firm, you receive more and more personal and family coverage.

Conduct your own research about Gavin de Becker & Associates and you'll see we are widely known as the world's leading experts in security services. We invite you to be part of our team!

We are seeking:

- Physically fit.

Men:

Women:
20 Push-ups in 2 minutes or less
3 Pull-ups (Overhand, starting in a dead-hang)
Bench Press 75% of your body weight

If you would like to be considered for a position, please send your resume and cover letter to nnumair@gavindebecker.com .

Visit our website (www.gavindebecker.com) and follow the application instructions provided in the "Employment Opportunities" section.

Drake
06-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Hey spammer.... your fitness test is lopsided. Looks like a *******ized version of our APFT we use in the Army.

FYI - Women run slower than men, generally. It has something to do with the placement of their body weight and their frame. Not weaker, but not made for running like men.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-10-2008, 11:25 PM
the entire pelvis is shaped differently for baring children ... wider, more shallow, and tilted anteriorly. not sure if thats why or not, but if what you say is true it would make sense.

IronWeasel
06-11-2008, 06:22 AM
the entire pelvis is shaped differently for baring children ... wider, more shallow, and tilted anteriorly. not sure if thats why or not, but if what you say is true it would make sense.

Yes, yes.

With wide, child-bearing hips, like a Baltic peasant.

(Cue Ronin with a pic showing some hips...)

sanjuro_ronin
06-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Yes, yes.

With wide, child-bearing hips, like a Baltic peasant.

(Cue Ronin with a pic showing some hips...)

Shazam !!!

GeneChing
06-11-2008, 09:09 AM
This is from one of my old classmates. It's a genuine request. Job offers specifically searching for martial artists are viable, just like the occasional cattle call we get from movies or theater.

I'm merging it with the previous thread, where the same thing happened. :rolleyes:

Eddie
06-11-2008, 11:01 AM
what about international applicants?
I deperatly need to get out of this hell hole place where I live!

Drake
06-11-2008, 11:25 AM
So it's KFM-approved spam, then?

KC Elbows
06-11-2008, 11:26 AM
what about international applicants?
I deperatly need to get out of this hell hole place where I live!

Dude, I empathize, just be careful what you say here until you get out.

Eddie
06-11-2008, 11:32 AM
yeah you are right.

sanjuro_ronin
06-11-2008, 11:36 AM
This is from one of my old classmates. It's a genuine request. Job offers specifically searching for martial artists are viable, just like the occasional cattle call we get from movies or theater.

I'm merging it with the previous thread, where the same thing happened. :rolleyes:

Hey, Spam is everywhere !!

GeneChing
06-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Totally approved. We like for our forum members to stay gainfully employed so they can buy lots of stuff at our forum sponsors (http://www.martialartsmart.net/index.html). That's how it works around here. Earn money, spend money at Martialartsmart.com (http://www.martialartsmart.net/index.html), keep the forum running. ;)

SimonM
06-11-2008, 12:50 PM
That's why I submit articles into your magazine. To pay for things like the iron rings that I'm still waiting on. ;)

Drake
06-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Totally approved. We like for our forum members to stay gainfully employed so they can buy lots of stuff at our forum sponsors (http://www.martialartsmart.net/index.html). That's how it works around here. Earn money, spend money at Martialartsmart.com (http://www.martialartsmart.net/index.html), keep the forum running. ;)

I already bought a bunch of Tiger Claw stuff.. don't need no mo'

GeneChing
06-11-2008, 04:44 PM
When the bills come for the forum here, I'll tell them "We already bought a bunch of web forum stuff.. don't need no mo'" I'm sure they'll understand. :rolleyes:

Seriously, we can always use support. Tell your friends. Buy stuff. It's how we keep the martial arts industry alive. We support the economy. Got your stimulus check yet? ;)

David Jamieson
06-11-2008, 05:28 PM
just out of curiosity, if they work a chair and a tv screen how come they gotta do all the physical stuff?

isn't there a different set of quals for field agent v desk jocky?

same all round hardly seems like you'll get the best possible choices.

for instance a guy can be a great martial artist but have poor abilities at spotting things in camera.

but someone can be a bit of a chub, a touch of a beer drinking cheeto eater, but can tell you exactly how your security system got hacked and even tell you who did it. Couldn't do a push up for his life.

Is there any consideration to go beyond the vertical quals here?

Eddie
06-12-2008, 12:46 AM
DJ, That field test is anything but difficult.
Im sure their agents has a harder test

Drake
06-12-2008, 02:54 AM
When the bills come for the forum here, I'll tell them "We already bought a bunch of web forum stuff.. don't need no mo'" I'm sure they'll understand. :rolleyes:

Seriously, we can always use support. Tell your friends. Buy stuff. It's how we keep the martial arts industry alive. We support the economy. Got your stimulus check yet? ;)

Gene...I got the bag, pads, GM got me the uniform. What else do I need? Besides, I'll be in an Army school for a while coming up, and when you are chasing the monkey up and down the hill for 12 weeks straight, tiger claw is the last thing that comes to mind.

Drake
06-12-2008, 02:56 AM
The test actually isn't hard at all. Any guy should be able to drop down and do 40 pushups in a minute. And if you want this job, why not train up specifically for these events? I had a friend who went into the FBI, and she trained like a monster for months. She maxed every event, and their tests are MUCH harder.

I doubt your only job is to monitor a camera. You can rent a cop that one out. These guys are professional security, and they have standards. Maybe I'll apply once I retire in 11 years.

Shaolin Wookie
06-14-2008, 06:17 AM
How much is the pay?

If it's high, I think I ought to mention that Shaolin-Do is the most comprehensive martial art on this side of the moon. I demand that I recieve compensation that takes into consideration the number of forms I currently have memorized. I have about 30 as of right now. What pemiums will you offer me?

But seriously....what's the pay? I'd could do all of your exercise quals in about a minute's span, and I can run your mile in about 6 mins without training. So how much do you pay?

David Jamieson
06-16-2008, 07:45 PM
DJ, That field test is anything but difficult.
Im sure their agents has a harder test

I'm not talking about the difficulty of the test, but the limitation of it in determining if someone is fit or not to keep another person secure.