PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre kung fu fights

Li Kao
10-18-2007, 12:44 AM
I was watching the Kung Fu vs. Yoga scene recently and thought it would be fun to get a collection of some strange/odd fight scenes from kung fu flicks. I'll start it off with Kung fu vs. Gorillas from Bruce Lee the Invincible (FYI This movie does not feature the actual Bruce Lee or actual gorillas -- it's just the magic of cinema that tricks the mind into thinking it's seeing the real thing :p )

Clip 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=787srFqSpQA

Clip 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUWA09nIh20

Let's see your favorites!

jethro
10-18-2007, 02:45 PM
One of the craziest movies ever made. do not take drugs before or during this movie. And don't watch if you are prone to seizures- http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=5788716

Check out Shaolin Invincibles. It is good cheesy fun. The whole movie is on youtube. There is a funny fight with these guys wearing horrible gorilla costumes. Then the fight with the gorillas trainers is even weirder. Their tongues hang out down to the ground. Bizarre doesn't even begin to describe it.

In Game of death 2 there is a fight with an obviously fake lion. The thing is I think that we were supposed to believe it was a real lion. Very funny scene.

And if you are looking for the most bizarre fight ever check out Killer's Nocturne. Chin Siu Hou fights a real kangaroo. No joke.

BlueTravesty
10-18-2007, 03:44 PM
I liked some of the scenes from Drunken Dragon... that first fight scene was pure wacky, tripadelic gold. (If only I could find a way to post it)

jethro
10-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I got you covered Blue Travesty- http://youtube.com/watch?v=05njNyKn2R4

Jimbo
10-18-2007, 07:29 PM
How about the fight scene in Kung Fu Genius where Chan Lung contorts his mouth and quacks as he uses the duck style.

Is it Ninja the Final Duel that has the scene with the nude woman fighting off the ninja and taking some nasty falls/stunts?

The scene in Instant Kung Fu Man where Yuen Yat-Chor and a big ugly girl fight Hwang Jang-Lee, lose, and end up rolling away from Hwang end-over-end to get away.

There were several weird fights in Yuen Woo-Ping's Miracle Fighters.

There is one of those old Drunken Master knockoff films, forget the title, that has Casanova Wong, Yuen Siu-Tin, and Yang Pan-Pan, billed as the female Jackie Chan. There is a fight where Shek Tin keeps trying to harass Yang Pan-Pan, I think he has a foot fetish; she steps on him and his tongue sticks out trying to lick her foot or something. If I remember right.

I like the "possession" fights at the end of Spooky Encounters where Sammo Hung and Huang Hsia assume the personalities of martial dieties.

jethro
10-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Good selections Jimbo. And don't forget Shaolin Drunkard and Taoism Drunkard. No way anyone will ever forget the Watermelon monster.

And Chan Lung's duck style, NICE job bringing that up.

And I don't know if you know this Jimbo, but Robert Tai filmed 12 hours of Ninja the Final Duel. The nude fight with the ninjas was great. It reminds me of a similar fight between Sophia Crawford and Billy Chow in Escape From Brothel. In the Shaolin Dolemite version of Final Duel Lo Rei fights the nude woman and accidentally grabs her boob. VEry funny fight. She rubs her boobs in Lo Rei's face and Lo Rei is like trying to get away from her. So classic.

I think it is safe to say that there are uncountable bizarre fights from kung fu movies. This thread could get very long.

Jimbo
10-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Jethro:
True!
As far as bizarre fight scenes, I think it's safe to say, "They don't make 'em like they used to!" It'll get very long, indeed.

I remember one where Dragon Lee was fighting some guy in a chicken coop, and he started picking up eggs and pitching them at a bad guy. The eggs were breaking and running all over the guy's face, he was groaning/screaming and falling down in slow motion, with a bizarre music soundtrack many are familiar with, but I don't know the name of. All I can say is that soundtrack combines music and chicken clucking sounds!

Jimbo
10-18-2007, 08:10 PM
I think I only got the first Ninja the Final Duel: it's the one that has Eugene in it and he's described as a monk(?) from Harlem! I saw bunches of other ones in the series but passed on those.

jethro
10-18-2007, 09:03 PM
OK Jimbo I will try and tell you briefly why you need to get the Shaolin Dolemite version of Ninja the Final Duel. First of all, it is 110 minutes of all new footage! Tons of cheese of course, most of it is pretty high grade cheese, Eugene Thomas plays the villain, that nude scene I described has to be seen, the fighting is somehow even worse than Ninja the Final Duel but still a lot of fun, and the final fight is actally pretty good. Hopefully I didn't confuse you too much:p

AND MAKE SURE TO GET THE BCI/BRENTWOOD DVD. It is a 2- pack that comes with Black Samurai (a cut version unfortunately). But the BCi version is definitely the version to get. There is like 40 minutes of deleted scenes. Eugene Thomas is named Tupac (stupid idea from George Tan) and in one of the deleted scenes Tupac gets jiggy with Ninja Ho.

bawang
10-19-2007, 01:45 PM
crippled masters
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jvkhYcTEwRE

jethro
10-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Good call Bawang. That is some crazy stuff. Those guys made a couple other movies too.

BlueTravesty
10-19-2007, 04:42 PM
I got you covered Blue Travesty- http://youtube.com/watch?v=05njNyKn2R4

Awesome! It's all about the human-flamethrower-mobile with bladed dumbbells for wheels. You da man for finding it.

bawang
10-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Good call Bawang. That is some crazy stuff. Those guys made a couple other movies too.

really? please tell me! i love kung fu movies with amputees hehe

jethro
10-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Give me like a day. I will give you the names. I think they are pretty rare movies.

jethro
10-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Yo BAWANG

Check out Raiders of Wu Tang. The crippled masters are teachers in that movie. I dont know if they have any fighting. I have been wanting to see that movie myself.

Also look for the Fighting Life and 2 Crippled Heroes.

Jimbo
10-20-2007, 07:06 PM
If I've got the movie right, Raiders of Wu Tang stars Yu Shao-Lan (Sonny Yu) and has I think the crippled masters as teachers. The main fight is against a bunch of mechanical Shaolin horses, and Pai Ying as a white-haired villain. I'm not sure if that's it, because when I saw it, the title was not Raiders of Wu Tang, which I think is a title given to it to ride the popularity of Wu Tang Clan. If it's the one, it's a pretty good film.

jethro
10-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Yeah, it has been confirmed by some of my internet kung fu fan buddies. They retitled it. Original name is Raiders of shaolin temple.

I have seen clips of the horse training and it looks awesome. Sonny Yu looks REALLY good. Only other movie I have seen him in was SHanghai 13 (the Chang cheh movie that starred EVERYBODY). Hopefully I will get this movie soon. I am trying to find out what the best version is.

And if you get a chance Jimbo check this site out- http://kungfucinema.com/forums/index.php
Tons of really smart kung fu fans over there.

Jimbo
10-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Jethro:
I have visited that site before, but it's a bit difficult on my computer...but I did go on youtube today at my Sunday job and saw the Kurate/Bronson Lee fight, it looks like a cool film.

I met Sonny Yu briefly in Kaohsiung, Taiwan when my late teacher I had in Taiwan took us down there from Taipei for a tournament. They were "kung fu brothers" who had the same southern kung fu teacher (Zhang Ke-zi, who also taught some to Alexander Lo Rei). He has (had?) a school down there that taught a lot of youngsters. He was kind of famous for his flexibility, esp. his holding his leg to the sky pose.

Snake77
10-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Holy Ghost Claw that was used in a fight scene from The Budhist Fist was pretty zany.

jethro
10-23-2007, 05:24 AM
Jimbo you always amaze me with all of that awesome Taiwanese kung fu information you have. Thanks for giving me inside info on Sonny Yu and Alex Lo. Very cool of you.

Snake77- good call on that one. Woo Ping was one of the kings of crazy kung fu styles.

Jimbo
10-23-2007, 09:06 PM
My pleasure, Jethro.

Another odd fight is in a bad movie, 8 Strikes of the Wildcat. It has a female lead star, and the villain(s) does the rat style, and he and his henchmen fight at the end by lining up single file, Tsai Hung as the lead baddie acting like a rat in front, and the others acting as the tail(?). I only watched it once, but I think that fight scene was almost semi-serious. I can only imagine if someone who was totally unfamiliar with kung fu movies were to be shown that, what they would make of it.

jethro
10-23-2007, 09:44 PM
I know him as Choi wang, the muscleman from Blooded Treasury Fight. As you can tell I only know the English language:p. I can't think of the other 2 guys names off the top of my head but they were also in many movies and their screen fighting skills were very good. And I agree about 8 Strikes. It actually should have been really cheesy, but instead they did it with a serious tone. Weird. But I thought the kung fu was pretty good in that movie.

jethro
10-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Here is another weird fight from Choi Wang. From Crippled Kung Fu Boxer. fast forward to the 2:10 mark- http://youtube.com/watch?v=KeSns01SL5Q

Snake77
10-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Oh my! Now THAT scene starting at the 2:10 mark is hillarious. I laughed out loud. It reminded me of a guy that went to my high school.