PDA

View Full Version : CLF & Qigong

Jeong
10-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Fellow CLF playas out there - do any of you do CLF Qigong? I've heard a little about it, but never really done a whole lot with it. If so is it unique to CLF, or grafted on from another system/style?

hskwarrior
10-19-2007, 08:25 PM
I believe chan fam has qigong forms. isn't it like 4 sets?

CLFNole
10-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Other than the Chan Family you won't see many lines doing CLF chi gung. I think Doc Fai Wong has an internal set throung Wong Gong but I am not sure if it is a chi gung set.

Ben Gash
10-20-2007, 01:57 AM
There are several internal sets from Wong Gong, on the Qigong front the Kwan Yin palm and the 18 Lohan changing tendons form are the significant ones.

TenTigers
10-20-2007, 06:41 AM
I had heard that CLF-particularly Buk Sing CLF did not need specific ch'i gung sets ,as their wide open movements, looseness,twisting,etc served the purpose of opening up the channels,stretching the sinews,etc.

Satori Science
10-20-2007, 07:28 AM
I had heard that CLF-particularly Buk Sing CLF did not need specific ch'i gung sets ,as their wide open movements, looseness,twisting,etc served the purpose of opening up the channels,stretching the sinews,etc.

True, true!

Though its not a seperate practice in my teachers system, from my point of veiw our long form Di Sup Jee is all Qi Gung, its close to 150, long frame deep stance movments in length and is impossible to finish going full speed and power with out proper rooting and breath coordination.

My first Chinese art(minus playing a little wushu in highschool) was taiji and it sets the conext for my understandings. I see our style as very internal and my understanding of root and internal power have come from my Sifu, which I have then been able to apply back to my internal practice(s)

However my Sihing has modified a Qi Gung set that he learned twenty years ago to train our fighting movments and is in the pocess of developing an internal form for his senior disicples. To get a brown belt in his kwoon one of the requiremtns was a 30 minute stadning meditation. My Sifu also told me that Tam Fei Pang practiced standing everyday as well as played sticky hands with a bagua master in HK.