PDA

View Full Version : CLF & "real fighting"

Satori Science
10-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Hopefully this thread will spark some discussion, maybe even a video response or two if anyone has the time. My senior training sister K.C. drops some science on our short bridging tech.'s & her theories on leg trapping. It is kind of a response to the conversation I posted between myself and Sifu Sharif, ware he pointed out that a lot of people think CLF has no short bridge:eek:

K.C. was the Gong Sau champion of one of my senior classmates schools for years. Anytime some one arrived with a challenge for him they had to fight their way thru her first, no one has ever beaten her in a real exchange. Despite their size weight, style or "level of experince" I consider her a true technician of our style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLNWHtHH3yY
:cool:

hskwarrior
10-20-2007, 12:24 PM
well gahd damm!!!

man its great to see some strong females in choy lee fut.

great way to rep man!!!!

deeperthantao
10-20-2007, 01:29 PM
kc representing, nice dude!!!

Satori Science
10-20-2007, 01:38 PM
well gahd damm!!!

man its great to see some strong females in choy lee fut.

great way to rep man!!!!

Cheers Frank, glad you liked it, I saw the comment you left on my YouTube, that about sums it up hey....

Yo Al, what goes on bro? How's Van City, guy I swear just give me three years,;)

Satori:cool:

hskwarrior
10-20-2007, 04:34 PM
yeah, im glad that clip came up....

in my school we follow the same principals as she's describing, except i like to use my back leg to come crashing into their legs. i noticed she used her front leg, but thats cool.....quick and effective.

i think the effectiveness of Choy Lee Fut's lower half has been overlooked for a long time. and what she's showing is the same way i approach kickers. i don't just jam, but i slam jam.....mannnn!!!!:D

not only are our horses strong, but we attack with them as well.;)

Satori Science
10-20-2007, 05:36 PM
not only are our horses strong, but we attack with them as well.;)

In our style we call it "fighting horse" for a reason,

Yao Sing
10-20-2007, 08:10 PM
i think the effectiveness of Choy Lee Fut's lower half has been overlooked for a long time.

I doubt that's limited to CLF. I think the offensive use of stances and legwork is probably lacking all around. I see a lot in the Wah Lum forms that don't seem to get much focus.

Try having 'horse fights' where you clasp your hands behind your back and fight with legs only (not just kicking, shoulders and upper body allowed). Got to keep the training interesting.:)

HOKPAIWES
10-20-2007, 08:26 PM
I have a training friend of about 10 years now, he falls for that one everytime I try it in push hands. I just lean my shin in and down across his leg and presto!, he yelps and I win the volley.

hskwarrior
10-20-2007, 08:34 PM
oh yeah, we do that n i also got horse fighting drills too......

stout
10-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Good demo of CLF philosophy, thanks for sharing. Real CLF ploughs right through your opponent.

nospam
10-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Yes..like sticky rice fresh off the roll.

nospam