PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of any schools in Miami?

DiME
05-30-2000, 11:53 AM
I have been looking for schools in the Miami area (Miami, Florida that is), and so far have not found one. Does anyone know of a school I can go check out, or even some kind of listing which may have schools in the Miami area. I'd appreciate any help someone could give me.

GinSueDog
05-30-2000, 08:40 PM
Dime,
Dwight Woods has a school in Miami, I believe he is a instructor under Dan Inosanto. His number is 305-595-2892.-ED

Sean Madigan
05-30-2000, 09:28 PM
Hi,

Here is my complete Florida listing of JKD Instructors. It is from my website at: www.junfanjkd.com (http://www.junfanjkd.com)

Florida
David Gallaher
5780-2 Youngquist Rd.
Ft. Myers, Fl. 33912
Web Site: http://members.xoom.coom/wc_jkd_k/
Lineage: Bruce Lee --> Ted Wong --> David Gallaher

Neil Cauliffe
American Dragon Martial Arts Academy
11334 Wiles Road
Coral Springs, Florida 33065
Telephone: 954 255-6545
Lineage: Bruce Lee --> Dan Inosanto --> Neil Cauliffe

Luis Gutierrez
One Dragon Martial Arts
Phone # (954) 216-2577
E-Mail Luis@onedragon.com
Lineage Bruce Lee --> Dan Inosanto --> Paul Vunak --> Luis Gutierrez

Alex Shunnarah
Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do
10512 Front Beach Road
Panama City, Florida 32407
Phone: 850 - 233-6572
Lineage: Bruce Lee --> Steve Golden --> Lamar M. Davis II --> Alex Shunnarah

Dwight Woods
Unified Martial Art Academy
12580 SW 88th Street
Miami, Florida 33186
Telephone: 305 595-2892
e-mail: umajkdkali@aol.com
Lineage: Bruce Lee --> Dan Inosanto --> Dwight Woods

Floyd A. Jackson
Orlando Academy of Martial Arts
Orlando Florida http://www.orlandojkd.com
orlandojkd@geocities.com
Lineage: Bruce Lee --> Dan Inosanto --> Floyd Jackson

Pedro Rodriguez
PFS of Orlando
P.O. Box 679153
Orlando, Florida. 32867
(407) 592-7871
E-Mail ichfviceprez@yahoo.com
Lineage Bruce Lee --> Dan Inosanto --. Paul Vunak --> Pedro Rodriguez
Duane Keller
Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do
7435 N. Heller Avenue
Dunnellon, Florida 34433
Lineage: Bruce Lee --> Steve Golden --> Lamar M. Davis II --> Duane Keller

Nick Franchella
Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do
520 South Park Road
Apartment 12 28
Hollywood, Florida 33021
(954) 967-8504
(954) 432-2737
Lineage: Bruce Lee --> Steve Golden --> Lamar M. Davis II --> Nick Franchella

Sean Madigan
05-30-2000, 10:32 PM
Hi,

It seems as though Sifu woods is closing his school. You are best served by looking up one of the others listed.

All the best,

BIG Sean Madigan

JohnnyW
06-01-2000, 01:33 AM
Hi Dime,

My Si-Gung, Sifu Richard Bustillo who is a charter member of The Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do Nucleus has a student in Miami named Rudy Lams. He is a certified instructor under Richard. You can contact him in care of The IMB Academy. Just type in IMB Academy on your favorite browser to bring it up because Richard's website address excapes me at this moment and I don't have my address book handy. If you communicate with Richard tell him that Johnny (from Illinois) says hello.

Johnny W.

boardin_usa
06-30-2000, 04:29 AM
I worry that you will get trapped in what you will believe is JKD when it doesn't match hardly any of Bruce's teachings. It's a daily decrease not an increase. When your looking into a JKD instructor, and you go to your first class, there are several things that you will and will not see if it's the real thing. Some people taught what Bruce wanted them to teach when he was alive, but after his death, they taught what they wanted to teach, and most of it had nothing to do with Bruce's original art. Bruce did say to cut away the useless, and improve the art. Changing the stance altogether is a serious change that I personally think was stupid. Here are a few things that you WILL NOT see in a real JKD class.
NO BOWING, maybe a salute or something.
NO BAREFEET, it's a practical art.
NO BELTS, you know it or you don't.
Things you will see......
CHI SAO - Wing Chun Sensitivity training.
MOOK JONG - Wing Chun Dummy training.
POWER SIDE FORWARD STANCE
TRAPPING - Don't let them tell you it doesn't work. (Bruce's five ways of attack specifically lists HAND Immobilization attack and he's not talking about handcuffs!!)
If anyone tells you that you don't need to know WING CHUN, then the only time they spent with Bruce was during his last school. To learn Bruce's art, you have to start at the bottom(Wing Chun) not at the top(JKD) Chi Sao is mentioned in almost all of Bruce's books, but most people ignore it, because they don't know how to teach it and it affects their billfold, so they prefer to just say that you don't need it. That's bull!! Good luck!!! I wish you the best.

Robert Smith
12-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Robert Smith is an Authentic Wing Chun Instructor who started teaching in 1978.
His school is located in South Miami, FL and can be contacted by phone,
305-323-3983. He welcomes calls from anyone interested in joining his school and enjoys teaching beginners.

junfanman
07-01-2010, 10:32 AM
I have trained with many Jeet kune do instructors and Miami is truly blessed to have Sifu Lazaro "Assassin" Bueno teaching.He has a great understanding of Sijo Lee's art. He is not only a teacher of JKD Concepts but also Original JKD. He is also the founder and head of the biggest and most complete JKD Association, the JKD Nexus based in Miami. He also teaches Krav Maga so he is really complete.Anyone in the Miami area definitely needs to check Sifu Lazaro Bueno out if they are truely interested in complete JKD. The website is www.jkdnexus.com

gwa sow
07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
wow 10 years and still kicking