PDA

View Full Version : Hard Work Pays off.....

hskwarrior
10-21-2007, 08:47 AM
now, before anyone tries to point at me and say why aren't you doing the same thing?????

first, its rough coming back from being paralyzed from the waist down......and im older now......but I like my size. typically, people think twice about dealing with me on the streets. but at this point of my life, i have been working along with my students trying to bring a new streamlined me. if that can be done....LOL..

but anyways, here are two photo's of my student we call iron ox......when he first came to me he was a massively solid 315 lbs. Now, he's around 250-ish.

i think you can see the difference......but hey. hard works pays off, right?

AJM
10-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Very good! Body fat can block chi so have him continue to drive on.

hskwarrior
10-21-2007, 08:55 AM
thanks, i am.

neal, my student, used be be a football player, a heavy furna-furniture? appliance mover too.....when he first came to me he moved like an elephant. now he has the newer students complimenting him on his movement.

as his teacher im proud of him. he works hard, comes to every class, practices, and has made major major improvements in his martial arts.

one helluva sweet cat, we often joke, that if we pished him off, we couldn't fight him.....lol......3 to the dome for that guy!!!!!! and im not talking about punches either!!!!

Satori Science
10-21-2007, 09:21 AM
I've seen this guy in one or two of your vids right? He moves nice man, 250 pounds moving behind a sow choi more than choice,

hskwarrior
10-21-2007, 09:27 AM
satori, its soooo dam hilarious watching him train with us.

I make them do many knee, elbow and take down drills alot. but when im holding the pads, and he comes in full power to knee me, he lifts me off the effin floor.

he's got sooo much mad power!!!!!!

but as his teacher i'm hard on him.....i want the best from him........one day these masters happen to compliment him doing butterfly kicks calling his movement beautiful........i said...."nah, he needs to work harder" and they say "wow, your sifu is really hard to please"........lol.....

if i let him believe he's getting good, then he wouldn't keep up the good work;)

Satori Science
10-21-2007, 09:35 AM
if i let him believe he's getting good, then he wouldn't keep up the good work;)

True but my Sifu talks about balancing the hard and the soft when we teach, he is impossible to make compeltely happy but also very supportive of our progress, his example has helped me become an instructor, and someday soon I hope a Sifu,
Just my thoughts, you've obviously doen good work with your guy. He does butterfly kicks??

hskwarrior
10-21-2007, 09:41 AM
butterfly kicks as i know them.....tae kwon do calls them tornado kicks.......but we've always said butterfly kicks.

for never having done these kicks in his life, and finally starting to understand his legs more.......he's getting pretty good.......he's always been so physically tight, he couldn't do them right.

as i said, he's big, strong and never done gung fu in his life.....

but i'll post a video now, of him doing some of his butterfly kicks and part of a small form.

hskwarrior
10-21-2007, 10:43 AM
HERE'S THAT CLIP I MENTIONED OF MY STUDENT NEAL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKk_AY9sDu4

IT WAS FILMED FOR HIM TO SEE HOW HE'S LOOKING SO FAR, BUT I LIKED HOW HE LOOKED FOR THE TIME HE'S PUT IN.

SO NO ONE SHOULD BE SAYING "HE SHOULD HAVE.....BLAH BLAH BLAH....."

IT WAS JUST A PRACTICE SESSION.

BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOY ANYWAY.

WinterPalm
10-21-2007, 01:52 PM
The clip looked pretty good! Sounds like he's putting in a lot of work.

We had a guy come to train with us when my Sifu ran a public school...he was 35-6, about 250, never exercised, had several structural problems, smoked and drank too much...four or so year later, he is 180, doesn't smoke, and only drinks occasionally. He still has structural problems with some spinal injuries, but he by far puts in more hard work and is more determined in the face of his problems than any of the other younger guys.
Myself, being rather light, since starting I have put on about 20-30 pounds of muscle!

It is awesome to see the wonders of kung fu! It gives you what you need.

Shadow Skill
10-25-2007, 06:26 AM
HE SHOULD HAVE BLAH, BLAH, BLAH,:D
Seriously his kung fu looks good. I teach a bigger guy also... he's still has a ways to go but he works his @ss off. I'm expecting similar results. keep pushing him.

hskwarrior
10-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Thanks shadow skill, it's been a long road to get him where he is right now, but i believe things will smooth out and he will make leaps and bounds.

Eddie
10-25-2007, 07:33 AM
COOL vid. Neal rocks!

How tall is he?

Hey, my grandfather used to call a tractor an iron ox (yster os).

why is he not on the forum?

Shaolinlueb
10-25-2007, 07:47 AM
frank

he should blah blah blah!!! hahahaha

jk.

yeah man he lost a good amount man. thats good! keep up the good work.

adam

diego
10-26-2007, 11:22 AM
cool vid man...good job after two years

i showed my hop gar tornado kick where you go into right leg weighted steal stance left knee about an inch from floor and tornado with your right foot and land in the same steal stance and repeat...we do sets of one then two and suppossed to do three, but i always gotta stretch after two fluid in a row

showed em to this kid i know that did kickboxing and he looked retarded trying unwind from a steal stance and sink back into it...they like trip on their feet and do a jump front kick instead of swinging mad circular:D I'm real tall so i can appreciatte the barriers your pupil had to deal with having a big white mans gravity trying to fight like a short oriental...

hskwarrior
10-26-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm real tall so i can appreciatte the barriers your pupil had to deal with having a big white mans gravity trying to fight like a short oriental...

now thats funny

htowndragon
10-26-2007, 11:42 AM
hey hsk call me when your phone is fixed. i told you not to sow choy that thing, but you wouldn't listen