PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

hskwarrior
10-21-2007, 09:13 AM
scenario 1:

you are approached by a guy, then notice you are being surrounded by two more. the intensity is growing, you have an idea you are in an effed up situation.

forget talking......its not going to happen.

what do you do?

hskwarrior
10-21-2007, 09:19 AM
to start this off.....

if i were in a situation like that and new it was on like donkey kong, i'd stop looking directly at people, use my peripherals, and turn my senses up. all happens real quick. at the same time, im looking for the gap to escape through, or the closest guy to grab and throw to make a gap.

i want to keep everyone in front of me. ill zig zag in and out....but if i know i'm phucked.......i'm grabbin one of them and holdin on like there's no tomorrow. the more they beat me, the more i squeeze the schit out of their necks. if i pass out so are you. if i happen to die, im trying to take someone with me. hell, ill need company on the way up.:D

hskwarrior
10-21-2007, 11:21 AM
oh, no, i do have my guys spar 3 on one all the time. sometimes its just a free for all.

in fact, it was this kind of training that saved my ex students life when he was jumped by 5-6 guys with screw drivers and knives. he came out victorious, but not without injury. one of the injuries would have meant sure death.......but i heard when the cops got there my student was still fighting these guys off.

but i was asking about if you were in this scenario.....what would you do?

Snake77
10-21-2007, 10:25 PM
The guy in front of me I would immediately thrust my fingers in/at his eyes or jab fingers to his throat. Then two options immediately come to mind..run, or use guy#1 as a sheild ,then battering ram to hopefully get at least one of the other fellas off balance or even knocked down. I would try to then incapacitate guy#3 as quickly as possible and get the hell out of there.

Thats just how I envision it. If a can buy a few seconds to pull my pistol then they're toast.

hskwarrior
10-21-2007, 10:56 PM
if i were in that situation, i'd slowly gravitate towards the biggest threat, and try to take care of him first. but if i had to, i'd grab the smallest guy and throw him into them, making room for an escape.

yeah, no questions asked, strike hard strike fast, and be out of there.

brothernumber9
10-22-2007, 11:11 AM
I guess it may depend on how intent the group is to get "you". I had this kind of scenario happen to me once, when walking back to my apartment around 1am. There was 3 guys, but one didn't stand directly in front of me.
one was leaning against a wood railing/fence, and the other two started coming up behind me.
The dude on the fence said "yo, that's him right there aint it?" and started coming off the fence.
I looked at him and said "what's up man?" Not confrontationally, but as if I knew him from around the way. He responded "wuz up" and I just kept walking.
I could hear them as I was walking away, one dude was like "hey, you knew that dude?" and the other was like "naw, I don't know him. I don't know.."
Luckly they didn't follow me after that. I knew as soon as he said "Yo, that's him .." that I was gonna get rolled. I didn't plan my response, and I'm not sure what I would have done other than run at that instant if they tried to rush me or start digging in their waistband.
It's hard to say what anyone would do in any real situation until it happens.

deeperthantao
10-28-2007, 06:41 PM
kick to the groin, chorp choy to the throat, mean but effective

bigdoing
10-28-2007, 07:17 PM
run, run fast. if i couldnt run. nuts, neck, eyes, get behind a guy if I could, bite his ear off, scratch, ....if i had a cell phone on me use that to throw at somebody.

what elese?....dont stope swinging and kicking... oh yeah and yell like a demon.
make animal sounds......all while trying to run away.

spit for distraction.....

.....keep my chin tucked and go out swinging.

I hope they en'choy lee Fut in there nuts...

bodhitree
10-30-2007, 08:27 AM
I guess it may depend on how intent the group is to get "you". I had this kind of scenario happen to me once, when walking back to my apartment around 1am. There was 3 guys, but one didn't stand directly in front of me.
one was leaning against a wood railing/fence, and the other two started coming up behind me.
The dude on the fence said "yo, that's him right there aint it?" and started coming off the fence.
I looked at him and said "what's up man?" Not confrontationally, but as if I knew him from around the way. He responded "wuz up" and I just kept walking.
I could hear them as I was walking away, one dude was like "hey, you knew that dude?" and the other was like "naw, I don't know him. I don't know.."
Luckly they didn't follow me after that. I knew as soon as he said "Yo, that's him .." that I was gonna get rolled. I didn't plan my response, and I'm not sure what I would have done other than run at that instant if they tried to rush me or start digging in their waistband.

good way to keep your cool. hopefully they never came accross who they were really looking for.

Drake
11-02-2007, 06:44 AM
I'd just start throwing rocks and braches and whatever at the guys. Then I'd start kicking them in the knees over and over again. (have you started picturing this yet?) all the while slapping at their faces. When one comes to grab me, I just start biting the crap out of his hands until he retreats. At that moment I scream a bloodthirsty roar and start running at them like an enraged gorilla, arms flailing like sow chois of doom and destruction.

That, my friends, will win you many a street fight...

hskwarrior
11-02-2007, 07:30 AM
drake!!!!!

are you a student of mine? where the heck did you get my fighting style?

:mad: there's something amiss here!!!!!!!

:D

Drake
11-02-2007, 07:35 AM
drake!!!!!

are you a student of mine? where the heck did you get my fighting style?

:mad: there's something amiss here!!!!!!!

:D

I study Ancient Rabid Monkey style, passed down secretly over the centuries from rabid monkey to rabid monkey, with techniques so deadly, so fearsome, so secretive, I can only part with them under the conditions of $59.99, plus S&H. Please specify DVD or VHS.
:eek:

Dragonzbane76
11-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Pull out my gat... fire off and say it was self defense.

Ng Jit
11-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Demolish the aggressor and RUN!!!

Jeong
11-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I pick the biggest threat and head towards him. I look to see if he's going to throw something and if he does I bridge it while stepping forward and slamming him with a leopard fist in the crook of the throat (otherwise straight to the leopard fist). Hoping he's momentarily stunned (or passed out if I aimed correctly) I'd try to get him between me & the other two & take it from there.

RFM
11-30-2007, 10:54 AM
I ensure that the 30 round magazine that I previously loaded into my M16 is locked and ready to go!

Sorry, that was Iraq. Here in Kansas I pull out my .45 semi-auto, shoot the first couple of guys, do a combat roll to the rear, drop clip, reload and shoot the others still standing......Yeah.....that's what I'd do.

Keeping it real....

Bob

shaolin_allan
11-30-2007, 06:36 PM
well since multiple opponents for someone my size can be life threatening. i would do an eye gouge or an extremely bloody painful move on the biggest guy, hopefully that could cause the other two to rethink attacking, if it was all sudden attack by three i would grab the first guy and use him as a shield or to throw into the other two while i escaped if possible.

Snake77
11-30-2007, 08:38 PM
I ensure that the 30 round magazine that I previously loaded into my M16 is locked and ready to go!

Sorry, that was Iraq. Here in Kansas I pull out my .45 semi-auto, shoot the first couple of guys, do a combat roll to the rear, drop clip, reload and shoot the others still standing......Yeah.....that's what I'd do.

Keeping it real....

Bob

I like your style!

hskwarrior
12-01-2007, 06:17 AM
rfm what part of kansas you in?

i ask because i got students in olathe.

Drake
12-01-2007, 06:22 AM
Just remember, folks. My rule of thumb is, if you are going to go down, be sure to take an eye.

Mas Judt
12-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Huh, that's what my old girlfriend used to say too.

Mas Judt
12-01-2007, 02:45 PM
scenario 1:

you are approached by a guy, then notice you are being surrounded by two more. the intensity is growing, you have an idea you are in an effed up situation.

Something like this happened to me once. I had two others with me, both artists, no ability to defend themselves whatsoever, not physically or psychologically. This was in San Diego about 20 years ago. As we walked down the street, one guy ahead of us turned around and started walking towards us. Two others - from behind and across the street started converging on us. I told my buddies to fan out - eliminate the ability to group us together. Then I looked right at the lead guy, smiled my biggest smile and walked right towards him assertively. I was going to enjoy this. He looked at his buddies, they broke off, he crossed the street to get away from me.

The next day somebody got knifed on that street.

hskwarrior
12-01-2007, 04:12 PM
in one instance, i was actually jumped while i was fighting this one guy. as soon as i had him in a head lock, we went to the floor. but i had better control. it was at that point his friends jumped in and started hitting me. all i did was for every strike i squeezed harder and harder on his neck until he begged them to stop. i would have broken his neck if they kept striking me.

however, in another instance, i was in oakland on a public telephone just as 4 big ol' chinese dudes walked by mugging me like crazy. i didn't say nothing, but i mugged them right back until they turned the corner.

i was still on the phone when they all came back. as they got right on front of me, the biggest one stopped and looked at me asking "do you know me?" i replied, why am i supposed to? He said, "WTF you lookin at?" i said wtf you asking me for, you're mugging me (still on the phone too).....

He said MF don't you know i will kill you? It didn't phaze me, so i said, "oh, so you must be ready to die too then?" all the while he did some funny ass ghetto gangster dance like he had something in his waistband.

Then....can you believe this schit? there was four of them, they didn't do nothing to me, so i got ****ed and just said "get the F up out of here, you ain't gonna do schit!!!!" and all four of them just walked away, talking schit i might add, but still walking away.

See, growing up in this type of environment, i realize i can be killed any day any time.......so if it's my time to go, well........i'm not going out like a sucka!!!!!

SayocBlade
12-01-2007, 11:04 PM
In that situation, I would start with the closest guy and fight my way out. At the same time, my blade(s) would be out, tossing it at the first guy and slashing him with my second knife, then going to the second, then the third...all while finding an escape route. I've been trained by Atienza Kali system where they do mass attack scenarios. As each scenario is different, the main goal is to find the exit. Get to that exit while being able to take out 1 to many oppenents as possible..with or without a knife. Thats just me :)

bakxierboxer
12-01-2007, 11:51 PM
In that situation, I would start with the closet guy and fight my way out.....

I REALLY don't know if I want the answer to this one..... :confused:

OTOH, Frank IS in the SF area, and maybe it's the straight guys that hide out in them closets..... :confused::confused:

hskwarrior
12-02-2007, 04:07 AM
LOL, if its the straight guy hiding in closets, its because the girls boyfriend just came home. no other reasons.

if there were, then we couldn't really call ourselves straight can we?

bakxierboxer
12-02-2007, 05:48 AM
LOL, if its the straight guy hiding in closets, its because the girls boyfriend just came home. no other reasons.

if there were, then we couldn't really call ourselves straight can we?

Wow!
Thanks Frank!
That's a relief!

I've always figured that the SF area had things a$$-backwards and elected folks like Willie Brown, Jerry Brown, Gavin(?) Newsome(?).... and "similar" folks.
So, why wouldn't "other stuff" also be "strange"?

Now.... what is the "party line" on this closet fighting bit?
I'd just as soon leave whoever/whatever it is in there......
(hmmm.... maybe this is one of those places for that "short-arm" style?)

Drake
12-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Didn't Willie Brown declare a Tat Mau Wong day?

Strange town you live in, Frank.

hskwarrior
12-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Probably.

But Willie Brown Really Like Mrs. Jones Though;)

So Yeah Maybe.

My City Is Great, And Hey Without The Castro, Who Would We Have To Laugh At?

bakxierboxer
12-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Probably.

But Willie Brown Really Like Mrs. Jones Though;)

Who's Mrs. Jones?:confused:

My City Is Great, And Hey Without The Castro, Who Would We Have To Laugh At?

When did he leave Cuba? :rolleyes:

hskwarrior
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Meeeeee Annnannnnnd.....mrsss.......mrs Jonnnneessssssss...........

Mrs Jones.

Quirdello Castro Is What Im Talking About.

bakxierboxer
12-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Meeeeee Annnannnnnd.....mrsss.......mrs Jonnnneessssssss...........

Mrs Jones.

Enh!
I always DID have trouble telling the two sick Willies apart.... (Clinton & Brown)

Quirdello Castro Is What Im Talking About.

I tried to look up "Quirdello Castro" on Google and didn't get anything, although it did offer a different spelling....
Going back to your first mention of "the Castro" got me the Wikipedia:
"San Francisco's gay village is most concentrated in the..."

I guess I'm just not as "up" on this subject as you are....
OTOH, if I'd lived where you do.....

I might have learned some CLF? :D:D:D
(oh, yeah.... what's a "quirdello"? a bordello staffed with quirs?)

g-bells
12-03-2007, 12:19 PM
scenario 1:

what do you do?

you attack the closest threat and then get the f- outta there!!!!!!

hskwarrior
12-03-2007, 02:42 PM
g-bells,

what would you do if there was no way to run? even it you made a whole?

hskwarrior
12-03-2007, 02:44 PM
quirdello!!!!!!!

you've never heard of quirdello castro? that was fidels 2nd cousin.

i never liked her.....too tomboyish. LOL

David Jamieson
12-03-2007, 06:21 PM
I put on my wizards robe and hat...

bakxierboxer
12-03-2007, 10:52 PM
quirdello!!!!!!!

you've never heard of quirdello castro? that was fidels 2nd cousin.

i never liked her.....too tomboyish. LOL

Both are circles I tend not to "run in".
Anyway, if you run in circles you tend not to get anywhere fast.... or even at all.

g-bells
12-04-2007, 01:19 PM
g-bells,

what would you do if there was no way to run? even it you made a whole?

if i had to stay and fight?
1. find an equalizer, pipe,bottle, rock, whatever available
2. would attempt to use one of the attackers as a barrier between myself and the remaining attackers
a. by this i mean, use one of them as a buffer (all the while trying to take that one out) and attempt to mirror the remaining attackers.
3. try and stay on my feet

not saying i could/will be able to do this but i'll go down trying too

onehawaiian
12-08-2007, 08:56 PM
scenario 1:

what do you do?
tell them i'm not gay and would like to pass on the gangbang
wait for the first threatening move, then hand out a beat down.

SayocBlade
12-09-2007, 12:55 AM
I REALLY don't know if I want the answer to this one..... :confused:

OTOH, Frank IS in the SF area, and maybe it's the straight guys that hide out in them closets..... :confused::confused:

boy, you guys are rough here. One simple misspelling and its all over!

bakxierboxer
12-09-2007, 01:22 AM
boy, you guys are rough here. One simple misspelling and its all over!

Nah!
It's just the Word Fu version of the more aggressive styles of TCMA....

OTOH, if you were being a "good sport" about it you wouldn't have gone back
and tried to "cover it up" with an edit....

Hmmmmm.......

Shaolin Wookie
12-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Just out of curiousity, on the question of ethics: if you had a knife, and you knew there was no way out of this, and nobody had threatened you thus far with lethal force, they had only converged on you.....would you slash without question and risk a sentence?

hskwarrior
12-09-2007, 09:26 AM
the fact that you were surrounded by multiple people intending to cause you harm is enough to legally use that knife for self defense.

There is this thing about fearing for your life and using it to escape.

if you went and stabbed every single one and they died, then yeah you may go to jail.

but it you just cut slash, stab just enough to stop a threat you should be ok.

SayocBlade
12-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Nah!
It's just the Word Fu version of the more aggressive styles of TCMA....

OTOH, if you were being a "good sport" about it you wouldn't have gone back
and tried to "cover it up" with an edit....

Hmmmmm.......

Well to make a correction, its not a cover up. Something that was overlooked.

SayocBlade
12-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Just out of curiousity, on the question of ethics: if you had a knife, and you knew there was no way out of this, and nobody had threatened you thus far with lethal force, they had only converged on you.....would you slash without question and risk a sentence?

Yes, they are converging on you with intent to harm you. They can stop within 15 feet from you because you can see and talk to them from there. No need to come any closer. Anything closer, the knife would get drawn and people would get cut or poked.

bakxierboxer
12-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Well to make a correction, its not a cover up. Something that was overlooked.

"If you say so....." :D :D :D :D

Laukarbo
12-12-2007, 02:24 AM
ok,does any of u ever practised an eye gauge or throat jab ?
How do u practise that?
conditioning,to aply it on a moving target etc. ?
those techniques are dangerous and effectice...BUT...I think many over estimate themselfs being able to use it..people move... and hitting the eye isnt that easy..
kick someone in the bollocks is more easy I believe..so thats what I would go for..
pretent to attack the face with a jab or something but really kick in the crown jewels..(mo Ying Gerk concept)..then grab and throw him to the others..then RUN..

If theres no way to run and the opponents really want to scalp u become an animal..loud,wild,aggressive..ready to die... this should be the last option though.

means everything goes..

Drake
12-12-2007, 04:05 AM
The eye gouge works. I was on the receiving end of it once. It works, and it works well. :(

g-bells
12-12-2007, 10:16 PM
ok,does any of u ever practised an eye gauge or throat jab ?
How do u practise that?
conditioning,to aply it on a moving target etc. ?
those techniques are dangerous and effectice...BUT...I think many over estimate themselfs being able to use it..people move... and hitting the eye isnt that easy..
kick someone in the bollocks is more easy I believe..so thats what I would go for..
pretent to attack the face with a jab or something but really kick in the crown jewels..(mo Ying Gerk concept)..then grab and throw him to the others..then RUN..

If theres no way to run and the opponents really want to scalp u become an animal..loud,wild,aggressive..ready to die... this should be the last option though.

means everything goes..

the eye strike is one of your closest weapon to your OP

i train mine on heavy bag, DEB, and on my speed bag

kidswarrior
12-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Ain't that the truth. Hopefully, we've trained long and hard enough that we do something, and that it's enough.

Satori Science
12-21-2007, 12:31 PM
kick to the groin, chorp choy to the throat, mean but effective

Hey Al I had a good laugh when I read this, my Hing di, gotta love em.